The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Rightey wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:Kurapika has got to have one of the most complicated, headache-inducing set of nen abilities yet I love him for it. :lol:


The thing that kind of irks me is there was clearly some sort of translation error with his nen abilities, because...

He can use every ability equally well when his eyes turn red, yet he's referred to as a "specialist". That's not what that word means :x


I don't think any team or even the official release has ever been clear with regards to some Nen abilities which gets worse as Kurapika turns the complexity to 11.

The Specialist class is very vague from what we've seen so far.Kurapika is a natural Conjurer, with his switch to a Specialist occurring when his eyes turn scarlet granting him maximum stats (that he's capable of) in each Nen type. His different chain abilities and self-imposed limitation on top of this further adds to the headache so I now just accept everything he does without questioning how. :lol:

Chrollo is another pain in the arse due to the nature of his specialisation. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:04 am

Oh Hisoka, you sneaky, tricksy mofo.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:13 am

Watching Dragon Ball Super, on episode 113, damn Jiren is such a bad ass!

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 am

Rightey wrote:Watching Dragon Ball Super, on episode 113, damn Jiren is such a bad ass!


Looking forward to getting back to DBS later this week :toot:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Karl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Not sure if this is quite the right thread for this but:



:lol:

Sumipe :wub:

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 am

I know this is early/late but...

Image

Image

:toot:

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:24 am

Something I noticed back when I first watched DBZ was how once baddies (namely Piccolo and Vegeta) became good guys. I remember being surprised by this as having grown up on Western animation I wasn't used to baddies having redemption arcs. Is this something centric to Japanese culture as a whole, or just something that is often seen in Japanese/Eastern animation? I guess it's a way of having well rounded characters.
Just wondering out loud as I'm possibly seeing it happen again in HxH. I've also seen in it Rurouni Kenshin with various characters, but in HxH it's happening to some outright "bad guys".

Oh and Merry Christmas!

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:54 am

Image

merry kurisumas yall

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Something I noticed back when I first watched DBZ was how once baddies (namely Piccolo and Vegeta) became good guys. I remember being surprised by this as having grown up on Western animation I wasn't used to baddies having redemption arcs. Is this something centric to Japanese culture as a whole, or just something that is often seen in Japanese/Eastern animation? I guess it's a way of having well rounded characters.
Just wondering out loud as I'm possibly seeing it happen again in HxH. I've also seen in it Rurouni Kenshin with various characters, but in HxH it's happening to some outright "bad guys".

Oh and Merry Christmas!


I've seen it happen in western animation as well. In Beasties (Transformers) for example Dinobot started out as a Decepticon but was taken in my the Maximals.

I think most animation in the west though is more centred towards younger kids though so they tend to have simpler plots.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Lagamorph » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Rightey wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Something I noticed back when I first watched DBZ was how once baddies (namely Piccolo and Vegeta) became good guys. I remember being surprised by this as having grown up on Western animation I wasn't used to baddies having redemption arcs. Is this something centric to Japanese culture as a whole, or just something that is often seen in Japanese/Eastern animation? I guess it's a way of having well rounded characters.
Just wondering out loud as I'm possibly seeing it happen again in HxH. I've also seen in it Rurouni Kenshin with various characters, but in HxH it's happening to some outright "bad guys".

Oh and Merry Christmas!


I've seen it happen in western animation as well. In Beasties (Transformers) for example Dinobot started out as a Decepticon but was taken in my the Maximals.

I think most animation in the west though is more centred towards younger kids though so they tend to have simpler plots.

Beast Wars.

Beasties was a stupid name.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:19 am

Mob Psycho 100 and Prison School have both come to an end. :(

I'm really going to miss Mob's ghost-busting adventures with those loveable scamps Reigen and Dimple. Prison School was always a guilty pleasure but the previous arc really dragged on too long and it sadly ended with a whimper.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:43 am

oh damn noooo!

I need to catch up with both T_T

When I get my new phone I'll start reading again.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:50 am

Anyone else read Danberu nan kiro moteru? It gets a thumbs up from me, it's a comedy about working out...

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Mafro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi I randomly subbed to Funimation now and I'm watching Recovery of an MMO Junkie.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Karl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Mafrozen wrote:Hi I randomly subbed to Funimation now and I'm watching Recovery of an MMO Junkie.

Still need to watch the last couple of eps but I thought it was a really solid light romance, I enjoyed it a lot.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Lucien wrote:I've started reading Platinum End too because 'twas a gift. I loved Death Note and it's the same people who do this. Not too sure about it tbh, but throwing it out there if anyone else was a fan of Death Note and wants to try it out!


I got up to Chapter 15 or so before taking a break. The monthly release schedule hurt it for me but I plan on getting back into it once more chapters are released. There's also Bakuman to read if you like the team behind this and Death Note although it is a completely different beast, being about the manga industry itself and a duo's journey to becoming one of the top mangaka in Jump.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am

http://rtmp.teamgaki.com/

Team Gaki doing no laugh again, the best thing about new years eve.

This year is American Police!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:33 pm

Qikzen wrote:http://rtmp.teamgaki.com/

Team Gaki doing no laugh again, the best thing about new years eve.

This year is American Police!


Wish I'd seen this earlier, love them. :wub:

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Mafro » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

God bless the person that upload every episode of Samurai Pizza Cats to YouTube.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 am

Mafrozen wrote:God bless the person that upload every episode of Samurai Pizza Cats to YouTube.


:shock: :o

2018 is off to a good start! I wonder if it was ever any good. I've just watched like 3 minutes and I can already feel this was a genuinely good show! Glad it wasn't just nostalgia that made me think it was good :D

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Blue Eyes, Bunni, Cuttooth, Errkal, Garth, Heskimo, Hime, Jamo3103, Lotus, SandyCoin, Ste, The Watching Artist and 56 guests