The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Goku's voice is a bit jarring at first for sure but I now prefer it over the dub I grew up with.


I quickly grew accustomed to it and even have a good reason why it kind of suits him. (Yeah, he's super strong but he's also somewhat an innocent and not some edgelord, so the voice is in keeping with his kindly nature. Or something.)

Vegta the chef :lol: :wub:

Rightey wrote:
Tell Karl his brother is dead wrote:
Rightey wrote:I'm going to take a guess and say this says "flat is justice" or some other nonsense like that

From memory, it's roughly, "Being flat is a status symbol -- a rare commodity!"



Merry Christmas anime thread. BEST SIX(ISH) POSTERS ON GRCADE :toot: :toot: :toot:


Right back at you, and to all the rest in here as well :toot: :D

Image


:lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:Goku's voice is a bit jarring at first for sure but I now prefer it over the dub I grew up with.


I quickly grew accustomed to it and even have a good reason why it kind of suits him. (Yeah, he's super strong but he's also somewhat an innocent and not some edgelord, so the voice is in keeping with his kindly nature. Or something.)

Vegta the chef :lol: :wub:


Yeah, the voice perfectly fits this more childlike version of Goku we have in Super. That brings up another issue with the series - in Z, Goku felt like he had grown up and was all about being the hero who saved the Earth and Universe. We hardly ever got to see his goofy side bar a few gags with King Kai and Chi-Chi as there was always some world-ending threat looming. Cut to Super and Goku is back to his original self but in his adult body and I really don't know how well the dubbed voice will fit this version of the character.

Dat anime and manga crew pic. :lol: :wub:

Image
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Berserk returns 22nd of December. :mrgreen:

Prison School is possibly ending in the next issue. :(

Hunter X Hunter returns in January. :mrgreen:

There's also been an announcement of a BnHA anime movie for next summer. :D

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Berserk returns 22nd of December. :mrgreen:

Prison School is possibly ending in the next issue. :(

Hunter X Hunter returns in January. :mrgreen:

There's also been an announcement of a BnHA anime movie for next summer. :D


*Hnnnnnnnnnngh* at that last bit of news.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm

What will it cover though?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Met » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Berserk returns 22nd of December. :mrgreen:


I can't wait for this arc to not play out to completion before the next hiatus.

It's either going to be the happiest moment in the series or the worst. There is no middle ground. And I'm pretty sure it's going to be bad because Guts has been too happy lately.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 am

Met wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:Berserk returns 22nd of December. :mrgreen:


I can't wait for this arc to not play out to completion before the next hiatus.

It's either going to be the happiest moment in the series or the worst. There is no middle ground. And I'm pretty sure it's going to be bad because Guts has been too happy lately.


Yeah, I bet another haitus hits after 4 or 5 chapters. We're on the verge of Casca becoming her old self, but as this is Berserk I'm half expecting her to reject Guts or be too traumatised for anything.

I can only hope we get to see Guts slowly and methodically kill Griffith some day.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am

HxH ep 44: The leeches guy :dread: and same guy having a chunk of his head bit off :dread: :lol:

EDIT:the laws governing how nen works is actually pretty cool. So yeah, I take back my previously stated objections about it.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Nen is right up there with Stands for most well thought out and interesting abilities. The most recent arcs have had some of the best nen battles in years.

I say this every week, but Dr. Stone is such a great read. Perfect balance of humour and drama - it's already hitting the top rankings of Jump and when it gets an anime announced it is going to be huge.

Dat colour page. :wub:

Image


Also, Last Jedi poster by BnHA's Horikoshi. :datass:

Image

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Grumpy David » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 pm

100+ page chapter of One Punch Man. :datass:

User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Met » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Reminder that King is the best.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Nen is right up there with Stands for most well thought out and interesting abilities. The most recent arcs have had some of the best nen battles in years.

I say this every week, but Dr. Stone is such a great read. Perfect balance of humour and drama - it's already hitting the top rankings of Jump and when it gets an anime announced it is going to be huge.

Dat colour page. :wub:

Image


Also, Last Jedi poster by BnHA's Horikoshi. :datass:

Image


Oh shi- Kurapika has all the nens! :o (He's fighting muscles dude from Phantom Troupe.)

That poster looks odd. Some characters (namely Empire lot and Rey) look fine, everyone else (including the logo) looks misshapen.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:Nen is right up there with Stands for most well thought out and interesting abilities. The most recent arcs have had some of the best nen battles in years.

I say this every week, but Dr. Stone is such a great read. Perfect balance of humour and drama - it's already hitting the top rankings of Jump and when it gets an anime announced it is going to be huge.

Dat colour page. :wub:

Image


Also, Last Jedi poster by BnHA's Horikoshi. :datass:

Image


Oh shi- Kurapika has all the nens! :o (He's fighting muscles dude from Phantom Troupe.)

That poster looks odd. Some characters (namely Empire lot and Rey) look fine, everyone else (including the logo) looks misshapen.


That was a really good fight. Also, is Dr. Stone drawn by Boichi, that guy character looks just like the lead from Sun Ken Rock...

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Yeah, Dr. Stone's artwork is done by Boichi though he has somewhat simplified his style to fit a shounen mag. It's also written by Inagaki Riichiro of Eyeshield 21 fame.

Agreed about the Star Wars poster, It's like they've edited the mid-lower half to fit a standard poster size but I still love it. :wub:

Kurapika has got to have one of the most complicated, headache-inducing set of nen abilities yet I love him for it. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 am

HxH 47: ( ,..) I hope that wasn't the beginning of a slow decent for Kurapika. The burying scene was messed up.

48: It's HxH Antiques Roadshow :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Lagamorph » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Read the first 2 volumes of Terra Formars recently.
This is rather good isn't it? :wub:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am

I've been struggling to read new things for over a year now but decided to give Kingdom another go tonight. Quite enjoying it so far, just got another 500 chapters to go. :lol:

Lastpostamorph wrote:Read the first 2 volumes of Terra Formars recently.
This is rather good isn't it? :wub:


It's great for a number of volumes but sadly lost the plot after a while. The translation & scan quality also dropped off massively so I've put it on hold for the time being until the official English release catches up or a new team takes over.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Lagamorph » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:58 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:
Lastpostamorph wrote:Read the first 2 volumes of Terra Formars recently.
This is rather good isn't it? :wub:


It's great for a number of volumes but sadly lost the plot after a while. The translation & scan quality also dropped off massively so I've put it on hold for the time being until the official English release catches up or a new team takes over.

It's the official translation I've been reading so scan quality should be good at least.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:10 am

Lastpostamorph wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:
Lastpostamorph wrote:Read the first 2 volumes of Terra Formars recently.
This is rather good isn't it? :wub:


It's great for a number of volumes but sadly lost the plot after a while. The translation & scan quality also dropped off massively so I've put it on hold for the time being until the official English release catches up or a new team takes over.

It's the official translation I've been reading so scan quality should be good at least.


Just checked my usual site and it seems the scans have all been updated with a decent translation. Last time I read it, it was like someone had just added the text to google translate so you can imagine how bad it was. :lol:

Guess I'll be joining you and finish the series off. :wub:

Edit: Boku no Hero Academia Season 3 PV.


Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Kurapika has got to have one of the most complicated, headache-inducing set of nen abilities yet I love him for it. :lol:


The thing that kind of irks me is there was clearly some sort of translation error with his nen abilities, because...

He can use every ability equally well when his eyes turn red, yet he's referred to as a "specialist". That's not what that word means :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Bunni, Google [Bot], Green Gecko, Grumpy David, Irene Demova, Lagamorph, Oblomov Boblomov, Riksilver, Sayer, smurphy, Wrathy and 60 guests