The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 am

I watched Devilman Crybaby over the paast few weekends. It was incredible.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Saint of Killers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 am

Will attempt to watch that again soon, but on my first viewing of it I couldn't get past the art style and colour palette.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm

Well, I didn't see this coming but it seems that Murata (artist of the One-Punch Man redraw and Eyeshield 21) is launching a Back To The Future manga.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.127228

I look forward to checking this out. :wub:

Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Well, I didn't see this coming but it seems that Murata (artist of the One-Punch Man redraw and Eyeshield 21) is launching a Back To The Future manga.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.127228

I look forward to checking this out. :wub:


I am excited!

Anyone watching Pop Team Epic?

I just saw this screen... and if it's legit, well that's just amazing.

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Gemini73 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 am

Qikz wrote:I watched Devilman Crybaby over the paast few weekends. It was incredible.


Be toying with the idea of watching that myself. You recommend it then?

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Karl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 am

Rightey wrote:Anyone watching Pop Team Epic?

Yep. It's bizarre & quite amusing.

The screenshot is real, the show is full of nerd culture references.

User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Met » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:29 am

I wish I could cast casual luminaire.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Skarjo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 am

Rightey wrote:
Jam-Master Jay wrote:Well, I didn't see this coming but it seems that Murata (artist of the One-Punch Man redraw and Eyeshield 21) is launching a Back To The Future manga.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.127228

I look forward to checking this out. :wub:


I am excited!

Anyone watching Pop Team Epic?

I just saw this screen... and if it's legit, well that's just amazing.

Image


What Skyrim modset is that?

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:52 am

Gemini73 wrote:
Qikz wrote:I watched Devilman Crybaby over the paast few weekends. It was incredible.


Be toying with the idea of watching that myself. You recommend it then?


Yes.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Gemini73 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Qikz wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Qikz wrote:I watched Devilman Crybaby over the paast few weekends. It was incredible.


Be toying with the idea of watching that myself. You recommend it then?


Yes.


I will have a look then. Got Steamboy to watch first, though.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Blue Canary
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Blighty

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Blue Canary » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:24 pm



I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Mafro » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm

What's the deal with those bum mouth things?

Watched the first season of Overlord. Initially watched the first two eps of the subbed version then switched to the dub to see what that was like and stuck with it because the main character's voice is hilariously good.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 am

Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 am

Rightey wrote:
Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?


They've probably strawberry floated around with it.

Each episode is 20 minutes. It's 10 minute per chunk and they have male and female voices each episode (so 10 minutes of each voice). Some of the jokes sound wildly different depending on the voices. They also change the voiceactors every single episode.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Blue Canary
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Blighty

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Blue Canary » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Qikz wrote:
Rightey wrote:
Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?


They've probably strawberry floated around with it.

Each episode is 20 minutes. It's 10 minute per chunk and they have male and female voices each episode (so 10 minutes of each voice). Some of the jokes sound wildly different depending on the voices. They also change the voiceactors every single episode.


There's also Japonmignon which only gets translated in the second half.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Trigger have done it again. I LOVE DARLING IN THE FRANX. HOLY gooseberry fool <3

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Not really been paying attention to anime of late although I am enjoying the new series of Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan. Darling in the Franxx looks like it could be quite promising so I'll check that out soon too.

Trigger. :wub:

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Gemini73 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Bought this today from our local comic shop. :)

Image

It's bloody marvellous. I still have the anime on VHS, (hopefully the live action movie will see a re-release of the anime), but never fully read the Manga.

Vol. 1 & 2 on order.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
masa
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by masa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:32 am

classic Alita is absolutely fantastic, a true gem of sci-fi manga and sci-fi storytelling in general. One of my faves, highly recommended to anyone

unfortunately i got bored with Last Order, soz Kishiro

User avatar
FudgeDiver
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by FudgeDiver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 am

seto no hanayome is pinnacle of the medium, close the thread


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Frank, massimo and 62 guests