The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - RESPECT RIP

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostThe Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - RESPECT RIP
by Preezy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Welcome once more to another year of glorious celebrity sacrifices. Last year's efforts were definitely less impressive than 2016's, so we really need to ramp up the offerings to appease the Blood Gods once more, lest they decide to look unfavourably upon us :dread:

2018 Sacrifices:

Jon Paul Steur (Klingon)
Chris Tsangarides (Music producer)
John Young (spaceman)
Fast Eddie (Motordead)
Cyrille Regis (footballer)
Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberry singer)
Jimmy Armfield (ye olden days footballer)
Mark E Smith (singer)
Harold Lew Lewis (actor)
John Mahoney (Frasier’s Dad)
Reg Cathey (actor)
Liam Miller (ex-footballer)
Billy Graham (American evangelist)
Emma Chambers (actress)
Roger Bannister (oldey timey runner)
Davide Astori (Italian footballer)
David Ogden Stiers (actor)
Trevor Baylis (inventor, wind up merchant)
Sir Ken Dodd (comedian)
Professor Stephen Hawking (scientist)
Jim Bowen (TV presenter)
Bill Maynard (actor, played Greengrass and err...)
Ray Wilkins (ex-footballer, pundit, Uncle Fester lookalike)
Eric Bristow (Darts bloke)
R. Lee Ermey (Sergeant Hartman, scary man)
Dale Winton (supermarket sweeper)
Barbara Bush (former First Lady)
Avicii (DJ)
Verne Troyer (Mini-me)
Scott Hutchison (Frightened Rabbit singer)
Tessa Jowell (politician)
Margot Kidder (actress, Superman’s squeeze)
Tom Wolfe (author)
Kate Spade (fashion designer)
Peter Stringfellow (nightclub owner)
Anthony Bourdain (chef)
Vinnie Paul (musician)
Joe Jackson (Michael Jackson’s Dad, right wrong’n)
Barry Chuckle (world class entertainer)
Aretha Franklin (Queen of Soul)
Kofi Annan (former UN Secretary General)
John McCain (US Senator and Presidential candidate)
Jacqueline Pearce (actress)
Burt Reynolds (actor)
Dennis Norden (tv host)
Chas Hodges (musician, rabbit)
Al Matthews (actor, Sgt. Apone :()
Peter Brackley (football commentator)
Paul Allen (Microsoft founder. No, the other one)
Stan Lee (comic book legend)

Last edited by Preezy on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 52 times in total.
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Parksey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Along with aviation casualties, hasn't Trump stopped celebrity deaths in 2018 too?

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Parksey wrote:Along with aviation casualties, hasn't Trump stopped celebrity deaths in 2018 too?


I'd be very grateful if he could make a personal contribution to the list this year.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Parksey wrote:Along with aviation casualties, hasn't Trump stopped celebrity deaths in 2018 too?


I'd be very grateful if he could make a personal contribution to the list this year.


You want him to cause a nuclear holocaust?

Image Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Parksey wrote:Along with aviation casualties, hasn't Trump stopped celebrity deaths in 2018 too?


I'd be very grateful if he could make a personal contribution to the list this year.


You want him to cause a nuclear holocaust?


While that would be a massive contribution, I'd prefer it if he just popped his clogs instead.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Blood for the Blood God!

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 pm

My money is on Barbara Windsor and Prince Phillip.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 am

Dick Thornburg wrote:Blood for the Blood God!


Skulls for the Skull Throne!

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Dowbocop » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Jon Paul Steur AKA Alexander Rozhenko from Star Trek: TNG

http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/jo ... source=dam

RIP in peace, fight well in Sto'Vo'Kor...

Last edited by Dowbocop on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by abcd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:33 pm

I think Kirk Douglas might die this year.

He is currently 101 years old. It's a sure fire bet.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Moggy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 pm

abcd wrote:I think Kirk Douglas might die this year.

He is currently 101 years old. It's a sure fire bet.


He’ll be fine. Every single time Death gets near him, somebody else shouts “NO! I’M KIRK DOUGLAS!” and he gets away with it.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Squinty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Dowbocop wrote:http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/jon-paul-steur-has-died-aged-33-2206669?source=dam

RIP in peace, fight well in Sto'Vo'Kor...


That sucks. I immediately thought of Martok when you posted that link.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Dowbocop » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Squinty wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/jon-paul-steur-has-died-aged-33-2206669?source=dam

RIP in peace, fight well in Sto'Vo'Kor...


That sucks. I immediately thought of Martok when you posted that link.

Should have added a title, edited now.

I've finally got round to watching TNG in order in 2017 (just All Good Things left to go which I've never actually seen) so in my head he's still about twelve!

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Preezy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Jon Paul Steur AKA Alexander Rozhenko from Star Trek: TNG

http://amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/jo ... source=dam

RIP in peace, fight well in Sto'Vo'Kor...

OUR FIRST OFFERING, LET THE BLOODING COMMENCE!

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Squinty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Chris Tsangarides just passed away. Very well known Rock and Metal producer. Responsible for the sound on these killer albums.




User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Mini E » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42592057

John Young (American astronaut from the 1960s) passed away. Quite sad about this. He is most known for just before blast off in a Saturn V mission when his heart rate was 70 bpm, compared to his compatriot's of 145 bpm. Ballsy bastard. How can you be relaxed in a situation like that? :lol: Thoroughly likeable bloke from what I've seen as well.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Moggy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Mini E wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42592057

John Young (American astronaut from the 1960s) passed away. Quite sad about this. He is most known for just before blast off in a Saturn V mission when his heart rate was 70 bpm, compared to his compatriot's of 145 bpm. Ballsy bastard. How can you be relaxed in a situation like that? :lol: Thoroughly likeable bloke from what I've seen as well.


The best story about him was the corned beef sandwich. :lol:

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Mini E » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Mini E wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42592057

John Young (American astronaut from the 1960s) passed away. Quite sad about this. He is most known for just before blast off in a Saturn V mission when his heart rate was 70 bpm, compared to his compatriot's of 145 bpm. Ballsy bastard. How can you be relaxed in a situation like that? :lol: Thoroughly likeable bloke from what I've seen as well.


The best story about him was the corned beef sandwich. :lol:


Yeh :lol: an absolute hero in the proper sense of the word.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by Squinty » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 am

Just looked up the corned beef sandwich thing. What a legend.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Celebrity Death Thread 2018 - Alive and Kicking!
by lex-man » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Parksey wrote:Along with aviation casualties, hasn't Trump stopped celebrity deaths in 2018 too?


I'd be very grateful if he could make a personal contribution to the list this year.


You want him to cause a nuclear holocaust?


While that would be a massive contribution, I'd prefer it if he just popped his clogs instead.


If there's a nuclear holocaust do you think I can blag the day off work?


Return to “Stuff”