The Comments Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Rax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 am

Moggy wrote:
What a shame we have such a weak leader, a strong leader would tell the Irish what to do with their "advice". We have a leader of a very small and unimportant country telling us what we should do, you really could not make it up.



This is the most telling quote of the bunch for me, the impression I get from brexiteers is that the empire should be restored, these little people should just do as we say and know that its best for them. They were clearly under the impression that they would say exactly what they wanted from brexit and everyone would just tow the line and get on with it, the fact that their "unimportant" neighbour is causing all this fuss over a border is just unfathomable to them. The calls for Ireland to exit as well are even more hollow when this whole thing shows the value of staying in, you can stand up to your big bully neighbour and your friends will stand with you and not let you be pushed around.

User avatar
Heskimo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Blackpool

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Heskimo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 am

A small, unimportant country trying to tell other, larger countries what to do is literally Brexit :lol:

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Rax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am

Theres also that delicious irony to it.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:44 pm

McDonald's to get rid of plastic straws.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44492352

But what does Jeremy Corbyn think about it all??

Both he and McDonald's have been big supporters of the IRA in the past.

Plastic straws, plastic explosives... it's all the same to him I suppose?


I'm no fan of McDonald's but this is complete nonsense, an urban myth. It arose because IRA contributions appeared on US wage slips, but it's an Individual Retirement Account - a US pension scheme, nothing to do with the IRA/Noraid.


Welcome to the Tory Nanny State.

Deliberate policy encouraging plastic distraction for the masses so that they don't realise what's really going on.

Enjoy your stay.


Another casualty of Theresa Dismay's incessant complaining about plastic. I hope you like your McDonald's milkshakes with little pieces of paper from the paper straws!

When will people realize that Plasticgate has gone too far?


I’m getting really tired of this nonsense.

The response to any perceived problem, ban ban ban without a second thought to the people who’ll loose their jobs and livelihoods. Its both lazy and reckless.
If something needs tackling, it’s the root of the problem, littering.


The most read / pushed headlines on the great BBC:

1 Robbie gesture 2 Boris Becker immunity 3 Comedian's killing Australia 4 Which courses boost wages 5 plastic straws 6 'hormonal mess but it's worth it' 7 Q: heroine's real name 8 missing body identified 9 Universal Credit 'could cost more' 10 The make-up mogul

Except 4 and 9, totally useless. Thats whats wrong here, not the plastic straws.


People who voted Brexit arent stupid they can see there are no houses for everyone that comes here, they can also see the NHS struggling to deal with this many people coming here. They can also feel their disposable income shrinking by the minute. Dont blame Brexit voters for being stupid blame the EU for not giving Cameroon concessions on free movement, youre being stupid.


Everything you just listed has nothing to do with movement of people and everything to do with the economic crisis caused by the US, the automation of production, advancements in technology and so on. So, it's fair to say Leave voters are not the most intelligent, because they choose a scapegoat rather than have to think a little more about the ACTUAL causes of their concerns.


Youre contradicting yourself, you say its not about people coming here its about automation and advancements in technology. Well isnt that more of a reason to stop people coming here, if were not able to provide jobs for our own people because of what you stated then how would having more people help the situation. You didnt think that through really did you now...


Why do we need straws in the first place. Another fashion accessory to be seen to be drinking with?


It's all too little too late. The sooner we destroy the planet and ultimately ourselves the better!


Seems to me the typical keyboard liars slagging off McDonalds when in reality they shovel far worse down their throats at home. In fact a McDonalds is probably their best meal of the week.


While cca 3 billion asians are littering the planet beyond belief, this little island is having a straw-man pat on the back on BBC, ignoring the chavs that throw litter around everywhere, and even further ignoring much more serious problems this country is facing.

Here is to the robbies middle finger!

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Preezy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Moggy wrote:
When will people realize that Plasticgate has gone too far?

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you use plastic.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Preezy wrote:
Moggy wrote:
When will people realize that Plasticgate has gone too far?

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you use plastic.


That's not true, it's far worse than that. If you say you use plastic they literally throw you into Burger King.

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Benzin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:
Moggy wrote:
When will people realize that Plasticgate has gone too far?

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you use plastic.


That's not true, it's far worse than that. If you say you use plastic they literally throw you into Burger King.


One with a play area and ball pit?

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Pedz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:
Moggy wrote:
When will people realize that Plasticgate has gone too far?

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you use plastic.


That's not true, it's far worse than that. If you say you use plastic they literally throw you into Burger King.


Know what I'm doing when I'm in McDonalds.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:22 pm

We should all head over to one of the former British colonies. They have plastic straws five times the size our our British plastic straws.

ImageImage
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Pedz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:25 pm

I thought Britain has decent sized straws on average, but Frances average straws were bigger.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Hexx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Pedz wrote:I thought Britain has decent sized straws on average, but Frances average straws were bigger.


You should see the size of the them in Africa :shifty:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Hexx wrote:
Pedz wrote:I thought Britain has decent sized straws on average, but Frances average straws were bigger.


You should see the size of the them in Africa :shifty:


Once you go African you never go ... back-frican?

ImageImage
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Monkey Man » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:59 pm

At E3, video gaming's bigots have lost

DIY Edition - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44504344

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:43 pm

IBM’s machine argues, pretty convincingly, with humans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44531132

Is there an "alternate facts" switch on it for Brexit-eers and Trump-sters?

-

No the switch will be for bad loosers and traitors.


Teaching machines to 'think' to show how 'smart' we are is actually pretty dumb. They'll soon analyse our history and reach the inevitable logical conclusion that we fail to learn and are a threat to ourselves and everything else on the planet - including thinking machines. Terminator genesis.


The Nazi inspired machine will no doubt resonate with the Globalisation Neo-Liberal Fascists of today.


Dave Lee and BBC called anyone who disagreed with changeing history and adding more women to video games bigots the other day

Now the definition of bigot is a person who is intolerant of others person or groups views ideas opinion on a subject

It turns out BBC is the intolerant biased bigots.

Even this computer can work out more men can kill women in video games now and definition bigot


How long before 'they' become sentient and decide that humans are no longer required? scary!


Why would I want to argue with a machine when I have the wife. She is always right as well.


I’d like the pit this machine in a debate with my ex wife. She’s a complete nutcase and I expect it would send the machine into a meltdown


Oh yeh? Get it to argue against a woman. Checkmate!


Cold Hard infallible logic meets Warm Human emotive fallibility, deep down i am concern by this and where it leads. Humans tried Cold Hard Infallible Logic (USSR et al) and the body counts were huge.


IBM invented Wife v2.0.


Isacc Asimov got it wrong. Robotics has only one law:

"No robot may by action or inaction threaten the manufacturer's profits"

Be afraid, be very afraid.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Ad7 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:50 pm

The wife ones :lol:

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Dual » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Why would I want to argue with a machine when I have the wife. She is always right as well.


:lol: legend

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Preezy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Watching the video of it in action - why don't they give it a really malevolent voice, something like Sovereign from Mass Effect 1. That'd be hilarious.

edit: Like this



Imagine how the less-informed would react :lol:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 am

Microsoft staff demand firm ends Border Patrol contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44543352

Liberalism is the biggest load of hypocritical crap ever. Only 12 comments and about 1/3rd of these morally superior lot are remarking about how they want Trump to die.

I guess that's what happens when you brainwash people with liberal media, but don't educate them to think critically or have any self-awareness.


The families could easy stay together. They chose to break the law and enter illegally. They can happily be together south of the border : )


I agree, keep the children together with their criminal parents and immediately deport ALL ILLEGAL immigrants!

Hey BBC, and all you anti-American leftists, leaving out the word ILLEGAL before the word immigrant not only shows how dishonest you are, but also how reprehensible you are in your support of ILLEGAL immigration!

Wake up Westerners, the left is destroying Western civilization!


I'm glad there's a culture war & total polarisation within society. You need to keep the grass low to see the snakes slithering towards you.

Like the virtue-signalling scum who take all their cues on what to think from pop culture & liberal media.

Blaming legal gun owners for illegal gun violence. Blaming government for detaining illegal immigrants.

Loony liberalism needs no logic.


Oh do shut up you two-faced California Liberals.


If mummy and daddy rob a bank, they go to jail and the kids are taken into care, same goes for murder, mugging, fraude etc...point is don't break the law, and everyone can stay together.


They are enforcing their immigration laws.........and here at BBC that's a bad thing ??? Illegal immigration is a federal crime....


All 100 should be sacked! If you don't like what your company does - YOU leave! What you CANNOT do us tell your company what it does! Remember these people are ILLEGALS. \they are given a choice of going home or leaving their kids behind! If you are prepared to do this, you gave to wonder if they are their real parents! I would NEVER WILLINGLY DISOWN MY FAMILY!


As some who moved to the UK(legally) as a boy with my parents, I think people like me should speak up about this.

Why should people like me and my family be subject to tough immigration laws when others can flout the law when you feel like it? enter any country illegally you should be deported.

We all know most of these illegal migrants are fleeing "economic poverty", not true refugees.


Double standard. There r lot of things happening all over the world. But media only picks on certain stories. Australia have been so mean to immigrants. Sri Lanka killed lot of Tamils and got away. Saudi is the reason we have terrorist in our streets. There r lot of racist countries in the EU. But media and some MPs don't talk bout it. But they r good at picking on Trump and Nigel farrage. Shame


Shame on immigrant parents for abandoning their children, they need to go back and be proper parents instead of entering another country illeagally.


Why has there been a huge increase in illegal immigrants with children? Because they are a useful commodity when trying to gain illegal entry.

I'm guessing the American public aint buying it as much as the fake-lefty news suggests.

Oh for a leader like Trump who does the right things rather than virtue signalling.


"It is abhorrent to even suggest separating young children from their parents"

OK, agreed - so what's the answer if you don't like this please? Easy to complain and point fingers, not easy to come up with a practical solution. If you don't do this the choice is lock the kids up with parents or just open the doors and let them flood in so please, I am listening!


There are 125.000 Microsoft employees that didn't sign it.
So where is the story here?

In truth there isn't one, just more Lefty anti Trump distraction propaganda.


Article should read.

One hundred illegal Mexican cleaners at Microsoft in protest.

or

0.07% of Microsoft employee's unhappy with Trump border policies.


this story, is complete clap trap, the process on the border with mexico has not changed, even the previous administration had thousands of children to deal with, this administration has denied all these fake stories, yet the bbc has not reported on one of them, strange that, good old left wing lib bbc, suprised they didn't tag a glenfell story to this piece


Bunch of bleeding heart liberals on million dollar salaries.

I bet none of them would take immigrant families into their homes.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm

'Nighthawk' metal detectorists damage Hadrian's Wall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44539389

Simon and Garfunkel at it again...

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Moggy wrote:'Nighthawk' metal detectorists damage Hadrian's Wall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44539389

Simon and Garfunkel at it again...


Haha, I did wonder if Detectorists would get a mention when I heard this story on the radio this morning!

ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Errkal, Google [Bot], Rightey and 53 guests