The Comments Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm

We are officially in the age of stupid. That flat earther.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

De La Rue drop passport appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43807190

Hopefully De Leroux will have enough work from their 40 other customers to keep their workforce intact

The main issue to me is that my primary identification document will not contain the name of a political union I want no part of and was given no choice about joining

Will I be happy to stand in the non-EU queues at airports? I do already.


Inflation down, we were told by the know it alls it would be at 20% by now, who was lying then ?


That Brexit result in full:

Left behinds voted as a protest/spite 19%
Pensioners who think it's 1941 still 17%
Racists 12%
Want bendy bananas/believed the bus 4%

Total Leave 52%

Normal well balanced people 48%


The remain vote:

MPs and their cronies 2%
youth indoctrinated by left wing universities 10%
'I'm alright jack' champagne socialists 35%
BBC 1%


If anything should be made in the UK it has to be this!

Bored with our politicians, how about putting the UK FIRST?


Free speech does not exist here on the BBC, really wonder what my grandfathers fought for during the last century, several of my comments have now been removed as it doesn't fit into their Left wing agenda.

Its time for the BBC to be abolished imho.


Don't the government know why the vote went the way it did, this is one of the reasons!!!


The change to blue is cosmetic, however also symbolic of a change.
Akin to eastern countries throwing out the sickle & hammer flags a generation before.
Not everyone agreed with that change either, however now we look back with hindsight and realise that it was a good thing for progress.

Just part of history, people. Not worth getting into an argument about.
There are worse problems....


Why do we have to pay more than Spanish for their passports?

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Moggy wrote:De La Rue drop passport appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43807190

That Brexit result in full:

Left behinds voted as a protest/spite 19%
Pensioners who think it's 1941 still 17%
Racists 12%
Want bendy bananas/believed the bus 4%

Total Leave 52%

Normal well balanced people 48%


The remain vote:

MPs and their cronies 2%
youth indoctrinated by left wing universities 10%
'I'm alright jack' champagne socialists 35%
BBC 1%



strawberry floating lost it at these two. I'm invigilating an exam and had to stifle a full on guffaw at the first one. Got a few funny looks. :slol:

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:De La Rue drop passport appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43807190

That Brexit result in full:

Left behinds voted as a protest/spite 19%
Pensioners who think it's 1941 still 17%
Racists 12%
Want bendy bananas/believed the bus 4%

Total Leave 52%

Normal well balanced people 48%


The remain vote:

MPs and their cronies 2%
youth indoctrinated by left wing universities 10%
'I'm alright jack' champagne socialists 35%
BBC 1%



strawberry floating lost it at these two. I'm invigilating an exam and had to stifle a full on guffaw at the first one. Got a few funny looks. :slol:


:lol:

My favourite was the last line of the first one I posted:

Will I be happy to stand in the non-EU queues at airports? I do already.


He hates Europe SO MUCH that he stands in a longer queue just to make his point. :lol:

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm starting to maybe think these people have either been caught out for not playing their licence fee or they want the downfall of the beeb so they don't have to pay for it.

Or maybe they are just banana splits.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:De La Rue drop passport appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43807190

That Brexit result in full:

Left behinds voted as a protest/spite 19%
Pensioners who think it's 1941 still 17%
Racists 12%
Want bendy bananas/believed the bus 4%

Total Leave 52%

Normal well balanced people 48%


The remain vote:

MPs and their cronies 2%
youth indoctrinated by left wing universities 10%
'I'm alright jack' champagne socialists 35%
BBC 1%



strawberry floating lost it at these two. I'm invigilating an exam and had to stifle a full on guffaw at the first one. Got a few funny looks. :slol:


:lol:

My favourite was the last line of the first one I posted:

Will I be happy to stand in the non-EU queues at airports? I do already.


He hates Europe SO MUCH that he stands in a longer queue just to make his point. :lol:


You have to wonder just how much hatred is stored up in these people. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Benzin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Who would want to stand in the queue which takes FOREVER to process people? It's like going through US border control how fast they get processed...

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Benzin wrote:Who would want to stand in the queue which takes FOREVER to process people? It's like going through US border control how fast they get processed...


Because he'll be damned if he is getting classed as a European!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

National Trust should get "radical"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43819762

"Radical" sounds very ominous to me. I'm praying this isn't a code word for turning the NT into some politically correct nightmare with a destructive "cultural revolution", ludicrous "decolonisation", racist "purging white history", sexist "anti white male patriarchy". It's fine just as-is - well-managed, profitable, popular, high membership. Change is absolutely NOT needed.


Sounds like social engineering. Social engineers usually destroy everything they get their hands on.


The same organisation afraid of offending someone with the use of the word 'Easter' for an Easter Egg Hunt... at Easter?

Radical indeed.


a great organisation hijacked by corbyns loony left twitter army. afraid to upset anyone's feeling , they pander to the few and wonder why the many desert them. there are many more people in this country who are not that bothered by trial hunting, yet you think your the norm , your not. we care more about the work the N.T. do on our behalf , not who uses the land they own.


What`s her salary and who pays it?


Mrs McGrady is right, radical ideas are needed. May i suggest, to avert the true horror of existence in Theresa May’s Britain, her cataclysmic awfulness projected onto the nation like a pestilence across the land, that the Rothschild's etal properties are given over to the homeless and the children in trust, those who have suffered the consequences of the pyramid scheme of created debts.


It won't matter, they'll have no money due to Brexit


Might be a good idea to try and protect Britain's heritage first, rather that obsessing about politically correct jibberish


Whilst it's true that they need to behave like a business and run themselves in a business-like way (because they are in a competitive arena; plenty of other charities people can spend their money on), the last thing they need is:

Gender/Inclusivity/Quota targets and other such corporate guff.

Otherwise they will alienate their core supporters/members.


By radical does she mean a complete surrender to the nonesense that is political correctness? All that is needed is a retreat from promoting "fashionable" causes e.g. forcing volunteers to support LGBT issues


Comments like Ms McGrady's do make one worry that there is some strategic drift going on here and that the NT risks moving from preserving the nation's heritage to seeing itself as in the business of social engineering.


You can not seriously have the National Trust whilst selling out the country and squashing everything that is British. I thought anything Nation in this country was a hate crime?


Historic England have all but openly campaigned for the destruction of 'offensive' statues in the UK, most notably of late being Nelson's Column. The National Trust had to back-track on forcing its employees to wear the LGBTFRTYUJLT friendly rainbow badge last year

It would appear there is an active campaign within these national bodies. I'd say I was surprised, but that would be a lie.


Bad idea ...Please don't let the "urban" people ruin the Countryside too. They're happy where they are.


I've been a member of the National Trust for years and have enjoyed the history and heritage they protect and maintain for the Nation.

If by going "radical" they want to reach out to people in the inner cities and move focus away from where they are now so as to appeal to the young and inner city "communities" they won't be getting my £114 per year and I guess I'm not alone.


We need to wake up to the threat these common purpose Marxist are posing to our country.

They dominate the heads of public bodies and are goose stepping us towards tyranny.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunni, chanticleer, Denster, DrPepperMan, lex-man, Lime, Mafro, pjbetman, PsychicSykes, Qikz, satriales, smurphy, the eponymous bollock, Tragic Magic and 66 guests