The Comments Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Preezy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Smack on the wrist for doing something bad = acceptable
Putting your weight behind a smack or any form of closed-fist or genuinely painful action = not acceptable

Having said that, I really *really* try to avoid even the smack on the wrist. It's horrible.

Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Benzin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Moggy wrote:
Surely the Liberal/Left nanny state knows best.

People should not have opinions nor responsibility, they must do as they're told, in all aspects of their life. They must be good citizens, as defined by the Liberal/Left.

There is no room for independent thought. You will be shouted down and labelled with a newly invented Liberal/Left naughty word if you do.



I like how this is complaining about being told to act in a deliberate manner whilst also stating that people should follow their ideals of hitting children.

Most kids are little gooseberry fools though, but I doubt hitting them would work, perhaps hitting the parents and telling them to do something?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Benzin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Surely the Liberal/Left nanny state knows best.

People should not have opinions nor responsibility, they must do as they're told, in all aspects of their life. They must be good citizens, as defined by the Liberal/Left.

There is no room for independent thought. You will be shouted down and labelled with a newly invented Liberal/Left naughty word if you do.



I like how this is complaining about being told to act in a deliberate manner whilst also stating that people should follow their ideals of hitting children.


I liked how he went from complaining that "there is no room for independent thought" to moaning that people liberal/left invent new words.

Do you want independent thought or not? :slol:

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm

I made a topic about this a few months ago.

It was a very interesting read, in relation to how people are bringing up their kids these days. Certainly made me have a think about how I felt about the use of smacking.

User avatar
Karl
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Karl » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Moggy wrote:
So if we're in Wales, and my two-year-old laughs "smack my bottom!" when I'm behind her on the stairs, I'll have to tell her no, or face criminal intervention?

What on Earth? :? :lol:

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by OrangeRakoon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:30 am

Reading these comments is like playing fallacy bingo

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Karl wrote:
Moggy wrote:
So if we're in Wales, and my two-year-old laughs "smack my bottom!" when I'm behind her on the stairs, I'll have to tell her no, or face criminal intervention?

What on Earth? :? :lol:

I had to read that one a few times and I'm still just as concerned as I was the first time :lol:.

Image
User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: The Comments Thread
by shadow202 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Karl wrote:
Moggy wrote:
So if we're in Wales, and my two-year-old laughs "smack my bottom!" when I'm behind her on the stairs, I'll have to tell her no, or face criminal intervention?

What on Earth? :? [emoji38]

I had to read that one a few times and I'm still just as concerned as I was the first time [emoji38].
Yeah wtf? I've never heard any child laugh and say that to an adult.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests