The Comments Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Cuttooth
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Cuttooth » Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 pm

"Not my children why should I pay for them to eat breakfast! If parents can't afford to feed their kids they should be taken off them and put in the full time care of the authorities which will definitely be cheaper and not paid from my tax!"

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Cuttooth wrote:"Not my children why should I pay for them to eat breakfast! If parents can't afford to feed their kids they should be taken off them and put in the full time care of the authorities which will definitely be cheaper and not paid from my tax!"


It would definitely save lots of money to put kids into full time care rather than giving them a bowl of cornflakes in the morning. :slol:

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Thu May 25, 2017 1:39 pm

So. Much. Stupid :dread:

Especially the one that goes on a tangent about foreign rapists. I guess we should just stop doing everything and route out these boogeymen. Let's get our entire department of education on it.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by OrangeRakoon » Thu May 25, 2017 3:18 pm

It's impressive how many comments start with a single cursory line towards the subject the article is actually about and then veer off onto a completely unrelated point about something entirely unrelated.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Fri May 26, 2017 5:21 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:It's impressive how many comments start with a single cursory line towards the subject the article is actually about and then veer off onto a completely unrelated point about something entirely unrelated.


It's the sign of a complete imbecile who should not be given a platform to spout their nonsense on.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by KK » Wed May 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Funny to see how many people on the left are fooled by the so called global warming hoax. The US has about the cleanest air on the planet but they blame us instead of looking to the real culprits.

global warming is a hoax invented by the elitists. Mother Earth's climate is ever evolving and has for BILLIONS of years; nothing will stop her

http://www.dailyfail.co.uk/news/article ... ts-4558748

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Squinty » Wed May 31, 2017 4:53 pm

That first comment hurts my brain.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by KK » Wed May 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Sounds like you need some of that clean US air, masaaaan.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Knoyleo » Wed May 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Clean air? In the US? With all those chemtrails? I don't think so, sheeple.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by KK » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:20 pm

The highest rated comments on the BBC for EU nurse applicants dropping by 96% since the Brexit vote...

NHS staff shortages, the country becoming essentially ungovernable, sliding to the bottom of the G7, the pound collapsing (twice), Northern Ireland peace under threat, facing a united EU27 with a chaotic and unprepared negotiating team, entire industries making escape plans, farmers panicking at lost subsidies. Seems like "Project Fear" should really be renamed "Project Pretty Much Bang On."

Brexit is cutting off our european nurses yet the government have scrapped nursing grants. Another brilliant long term strategy to 'save' our NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40248366

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:39 pm

KK wrote:The highest rated comments on the BBC for EU nurse applicants dropping by 96% since the Brexit vote...

NHS staff shortages, the country becoming essentially ungovernable, sliding to the bottom of the G7, the pound collapsing (twice), Northern Ireland peace under threat, facing a united EU27 with a chaotic and unprepared negotiating team, entire industries making escape plans, farmers panicking at lost subsidies. Seems like "Project Fear" should really be renamed "Project Pretty Much Bang On."

Brexit is cutting off our european nurses yet the government have scrapped nursing grants. Another brilliant long term strategy to 'save' our NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40248366


The stupid thing about all this is that even if we have a hard Brexit with no free movement then we can still choose for example to allow nurses from the eu to move to Britain without any restrictions. We would have that power. There's also no way that we are going to send eu citizens back to their previous countries, it's just not going to happen but the way everyone is acting it's spooking people from applying to move here.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Karl » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:it's just not going to happen but the way everyone is acting it's spooking people from applying to move here.


My girlfriend (yeah I know, worst post ever) is really quite terrified of being sent back to Italy. I've told her that it's unfathomable it would ever come to that, but the rise of xenophobia and a populist right-wing - not to mention the UK's refusal to unilaterally guarantee rights - has spooked a lot of Europeans, both here and those considering coming here.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Has democracy let us down?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40245805

Said it before and I'll say it again: we need a few years of military rule to deal with the terrorists and hate preachers in this country as well as put people to work and get them off their backsides learning a trade.


Britain has gone downhill steadily since the Victorian era (when it was the greatest country in the world). What has changed since then? Giving the vote to ordinary workers and women.


It is the big mouth remainers that are trying hard to destroy our democracy with their refusel to accept the DEMOCRATIC vote of the majority,all because they will lose their moneys from the corrupt EU.because their opposition to leaving is all about money and nothing else.


Our democracy allowed us to swap too much influence from Brussels for too much influence from Belfast.


Speaking as a mongrel, which I am sure is how the English are seen by the pure bloods of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, all I see is the bickering about we terrible English and the chaos that devolution seems to have caused. Why doesn't the UK have another referendum on keeping the Union? If it is won by the union then Westminster rules the nation. If lost the pure bloods go their own way and we win


The root cause is too many university academics who have never done a days work. ie Corbyn. Give me a miner who has worked underground for 20yrs for £100pw. I will vote for him. Also this is what happens when you give woman the vote. Up untill then we had an empire.


MPs should concern themselves with running a strong country with a good economy instead of bleating on and passing PC laws making the silent majority guilty of hate crimes.


One can be confident that lessons promoting "democracy" won't be taught in Islamic schools. The concept of 'man-made' decisions and 'democracy' contradicts Sharia. Jihad, of course, does not contradict Sharia, so lessons promoting that would be fine.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Hexx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Corbyn a university academic? :D

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Hexx wrote:Corbyn a university academic? :D


University of Life.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Preezy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Moggy wrote:
The root cause is too many university academics who have never done a days work. ie Corbyn. Give me a miner who has worked underground for 20yrs for £100pw. I will vote for him. Also this is what happens when you give woman the vote. Up untill then we had an empire.

:lol: :lol:

Reporter: So Mr Prime Minister, how are we going to solve the conflict in the Middle East?

Prime Minister: We're going to dig to 200ft, then have a pasty, then maybe try and get to 350ft by the end of the day.

Reporter: Right, but will you be using diplomatic channels or military intervention?

Prime Minister: Well it's a big drill and we've got spares so we'll probably get to 275ft before having to switch them over.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Preezy wrote:
Moggy wrote:
The root cause is too many university academics who have never done a days work. ie Corbyn. Give me a miner who has worked underground for 20yrs for £100pw. I will vote for him. Also this is what happens when you give woman the vote. Up untill then we had an empire.

:lol: :lol:

Reporter: So Mr Prime Minister, how are we going to solve the conflict in the Middle East?

Prime Minister: We're going to dig to 200ft, then have a pasty, then maybe try and get to 350ft by the end of the day.

Reporter: Right, but will you be using diplomatic channels or military intervention?

Prime Minister: Well it's a big drill and we've got spares so we'll probably get to 275ft before having to switch them over.


You missed out the following part.

Reporter: And what about the ladies?

Prime Minister: They are to stay at home getting the dinner ready for good honest working men. Like hell will they ever get to vote!

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Mini E » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Amazing comments. Since women got the vote this country has gone tae gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Garth » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 pm

So to solve all our problems we should take away the right to vote from workers and all women, kick out the celts, bring in military rule with a miner as leader, and rebuild the empire?

Amazing.

Image
1784-9768-8381
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Comments Thread
by Hexx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Garth wrote:So to solve all our problems we should take away the right to vote from workers and all women, kick out the celts, bring in military rule with a miner as leader, and rebuild the empire?

Amazing.


As a middle class white man I'm completely ok with this.


Return to “Stuff”