Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:40 pm

We import more from the EU than we export. I'm not saying we should or will do these things, but we can't walk away with a gooseberry fool deal so we should do whatever it takes to get a fair deal. We aren't going to be part of the EU so we don't have to play by their rules and nor do we simply have to accept their proposals unless they are mutually beneficial.

Yes?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Yes but going in with your argument is idiotic.

"Yo, EU, give us what we want or we will add taxes to imports from you making our people worse off"

Good move

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Errkal wrote:Yes but going in with your argument is idiotic.

"Yo, EU, give us what we want or we will add taxes to imports from you making our people worse off"

Good move

More idiotic than just rolling over and getting a piss poor deal? Besides you wouldn't approach it as you suggested, it would just be listed as an item for discussion. As for your earlier comment about messing up the lives of thousands, handling these negotiations poorly will impact the lives of millions.

Yes?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Please stop quoting me!
8 notifications!

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Hexx wrote:Please stop quoting me!


Sorry.

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Death's Head wrote:We import more from the EU than we export.


Yes, but that's shared out over 27 other countries. They wouldn't want to lose our trade, but if it happened it would strawberry float us over more.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:Yes but going in with your argument is idiotic.

"Yo, EU, give us what we want or we will add taxes to imports from you making our people worse off"

Good move

More idiotic than just rolling over and getting a piss poor deal? Besides you wouldn't approach it as you suggested, it would just be listed as an item for discussion. As for your earlier comment about messing up the lives of thousands, handling these negotiations poorly will impact the lives of millions.

Doesn't mean you should make people bargaining chips, that gooseberry fool is just wrong!

Realistically at this point it is damage limitation if you actually think we can get anything other than a on ok deal you are deluded! We have very little compared to them, and the deal will reflect that. Why should we get easy access to all they offer when we offer very little and because of our shitting media have laid blame on then at every step?

We have as a country been ungrateful pathetic children, and thinking we will treated as anything other than that is out right stupid.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Hexx wrote:Please stop quoting me!
8 notifications!


Soz

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:We import more from the EU than we export.


Yes, but that's shared out over 27 other countries. They wouldn't want to lose our trade, but if it happened it would strawberry float us over more.

Not sure about more, probably the same. I said it is what no one wants, and that is why everyone needs to work on a solution that is acceptable to all.

Yes?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Errkal wrote:lif you actually think we can get anything other than a on ok deal you are deluded!

I've only said a deal acceptable to all, not expecting anything more. But we certainly shouldn't take anything less.

Last edited by Death's Head on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:We import more from the EU than we export.


Yes, but that's shared out over 27 other countries. They wouldn't want to lose our trade, but if it happened it would strawberry float us over more.

Not sure about more, probably the same. I said it is what no one wants, and that is why everyone needs to work on a solution that is acceptable to all.

The issue is what the idiot public and cunty chops may thinks is acceptable and what a sensible person thinks are two very very very different things

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:lif you actually think we can get anything other than a on ok deal you are deluded!

I've only said a deal acceptable to all, not expecting anything more. But we certainly shouldn't take anything less.


Ok, what's considered acceptable in terms of trade deals?

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Errkal wrote:cunty chops


Which one is this? Could be many people.

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:We import more from the EU than we export.


Yes, but that's shared out over 27 other countries. They wouldn't want to lose our trade, but if it happened it would strawberry float us over more.

Not sure about more, probably the same. I said it is what no one wants, and that is why everyone needs to work on a solution that is acceptable to all.


The same?

It's 1 country v 27 countries. There is only one outright loser there.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Theresa May.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Errkal wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:lif you actually think we can get anything other than a on ok deal you are deluded!

I've only said a deal acceptable to all, not expecting anything more. But we certainly shouldn't take anything less.


Ok, what's considered acceptable in terms of trade deals?

I don't know, I'd have to think about that for more than 5 minutes and I want to play Mad Max now (preparing for the future Trump is creating for me).

Yes?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Moggy wrote:It's 1 country v 27 countries. There is only one outright loser there.

The impact to all 27 countries will not be the same, they don't have an even share of what we import.

Yes?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Death's Head wrote:We import more from the EU than we export. I'm not saying we should or will do these things, but we can't walk away with a gooseberry fool deal so we should do whatever it takes to get a fair deal. We aren't going to be part of the EU so we don't have to play by their rules and nor do we simply have to accept their proposals unless they are mutually beneficial.


All off that works in reverse.

You also need to look behind the figures at %ages to see how laughable that is.

And that's before you realise that lots of those export business can and will be moved (and courtes to move) into the larger market.

Oddly enough trying to bully boy the largest trading bloc on the world isn't going to work

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:It's 1 country v 27 countries. There is only one outright loser there.

The impact to all 27 countries will not be the same, they don't have an even share of what we import.


Of course not, but the idea that "we import more so they really need us!" is bollocks when you remember that what we import is spread over 27 countries. And that a lot of our imports are food because we can't even feed ourselves without other countries.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Brexit
by Lagamorph » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:cunty chops


Which one is this? Could be many people.

Any leave voter really.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests