Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:04 pm

I’m so glad that Lucien is again anal retentively micro analysing the least important points made while completely failing to see the points made.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Karl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 pm

Lucien wrote:I don't know what you mean. Brexit was about deciding how you want to be governed: a political expert can't tell you that.

Decisions about the UK should be made in the UK!!!

...is a laughably naive position held exclusively by people who don't understand how international treaties work. Sorry if this is you, but it's the truth.

I'd be against offering this in a referendum even if it was 'all about sovereignty' (it wasn't) because it's based on a faulty understanding of how sovereignty works.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Brexit
by Tomous » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Lucien wrote:
Karl wrote:
Lucien wrote:I don't know what you mean. Brexit was about deciding how you want to be governed: a political expert can't tell you that.


Decisions about the UK should be made in the UK!!!

...is a laughably naive position held exclusively by people who don't understand how international treaties work. Sorry if this is you, but it's the truth.

I'd be against offering this in a referendum even if it was 'all about sovereignty' (it wasn't) because it's based on a faulty understanding of how sovereignty works.


You seem incapable of not being rude, so we'll end discussion there.


Because you think Karl is being condescending and disrespectful?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Tomous wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Karl wrote:
Lucien wrote:I don't know what you mean. Brexit was about deciding how you want to be governed: a political expert can't tell you that.


Decisions about the UK should be made in the UK!!!

...is a laughably naive position held exclusively by people who don't understand how international treaties work. Sorry if this is you, but it's the truth.

I'd be against offering this in a referendum even if it was 'all about sovereignty' (it wasn't) because it's based on a faulty understanding of how sovereignty works.


You seem incapable of not being rude, so we'll end discussion there.


Because you think Karl is being condescending and disrespectful?


All that rudeness and aggression from Lucien and he then accuses somebody else of it. :lol:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Lucien wrote:
Karl wrote:
Lucien wrote:I don't know what you mean. Brexit was about deciding how you want to be governed: a political expert can't tell you that.


Decisions about the UK should be made in the UK!!!

...is a laughably naive position held exclusively by people who don't understand how international treaties work. Sorry if this is you, but it's the truth.

I'd be against offering this in a referendum even if it was 'all about sovereignty' (it wasn't) because it's based on a faulty understanding of how sovereignty works.


You seem incapable of not being rude, so we'll end discussion there.


Image

I'm almost tempted to take you off my ignore list after that clanger my man!

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Lucien wrote:
Moggy wrote:All that rudeness and aggression from Lucien and he then accuses somebody else of it. :lol:


Curious to see this aggression and rudeness I've displayed today? Especially if it's against Karl.


I thought it was condescending and disrespectful. If you don't think it was then fair enough

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Skarjo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 am

These few pages of utterly pointless and meaningless discussion about strawberry floating nothing of any importance while we tango towards oblivion is the perfect microcosm of Brexit.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm


:fp:

The Irony meter has exploded.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Farage talking out of his bumhole again.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm

He gets onto Farage and Brexit at 8:42


Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by DML » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:03 pm

If theres anything I dont understand about politics its why Farage is able to sit at that table. He even goes on about unelected types, and he himself has NEVER been elected! Why is he able to spew his bile in the most important meetings in Europe?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 pm

DML wrote: he himself has NEVER been elected!


To be fair he has been elected to the European Parliament several times. It’s his beloved UK Parliament that he has always failed to get elected to.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Brexit
by jawafour » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 pm

.

Last edited by jawafour on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by DML » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Moggy wrote:
DML wrote: he himself has NEVER been elected!


To be fair he has been elected to the European Parliament several times. It’s his beloved UK Parliament that he has always failed to get elected to.


Why should he sit in Europe if hes never sat in the UK? Strange. Its like Tranmere qualifying for Europe.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm

DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
DML wrote: he himself has NEVER been elected!


To be fair he has been elected to the European Parliament several times. It’s his beloved UK Parliament that he has always failed to get elected to.


Why should he sit in Europe if hes never sat in the UK? Strange. Its like Tranmere qualifying for Europe.


What? That’s like asking why an MP should sit in Westminster if they have never sat on their local Parish council.

Edit:

And Tranmere have played in European competition.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-11482429

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Moggy wrote:
DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
DML wrote: he himself has NEVER been elected!


To be fair he has been elected to the European Parliament several times. It’s his beloved UK Parliament that he has always failed to get elected to.


Why should he sit in Europe if hes never sat in the UK? Strange. Its like Tranmere qualifying for Europe.


What? That’s like asking why an MP should sit in Westminster if they have never sat on their local Parish council.

Edit:

And Tranmere have played in European competition.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-11482429

If we did that then the average age in the House of Commons would be about 50 years older than the House of Lords.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Seeing as you probably didn't listen to Varadkars speech.

His Mother (an Irish nurse) met his Dad (an Indian Doctor) in an English Hospital. They got married in England, his sister was born in England and still lives in London along with his 2 nephews who are of course English (but qualify for Irish passports). It's an interesting point to show he really has personally something at stake here, not just Northern Ireland.

Last edited by Photek on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Moggy wrote:
DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
DML wrote: he himself has NEVER been elected!


To be fair he has been elected to the European Parliament several times. It’s his beloved UK Parliament that he has always failed to get elected to.


Why should he sit in Europe if hes never sat in the UK? Strange. Its like Tranmere qualifying for Europe.


What? That’s like asking why an MP should sit in Westminster if they have never sat on their local Parish council.

Edit:

And Tranmere have played in European competition.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-11482429

If we did that then the average age in the House of Commons would be about 50 years older than the House of Lords.


So the average age would be 253? :shock:

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Karl » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Don't know why you deleted that post, Lucien, as you seemed quite correct to me. Farage is ultimately an MEP because people voted for his party. It's a reasonable enough set-up.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by DML » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Karl wrote:Don't know why you deleted that post, Lucien, as you seemed quite correct to me. Farage is ultimately an MEP because people voted for his party. It's a reasonable enough set-up.


Its a terrible set up if it allows that gammon face to represent our country. :dread:

Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests