Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Brexit
by captain red dog » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am

Rocsteady wrote:
Karl wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Anyone below middle class figures they have nothing left to lose.

It's going to be interesting to hear how they reflect on this when they're thrown into the workhouses in a few years' time.

Virtually anyone in Britain who believes they have nothing to lose is a strawberry floating idiot who should check out living conditions in a substantially poorer country.

Wow, it's staggering how some of you really don't understand how bad poverty has become in Britain.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 am

captain red dog wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Karl wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Anyone below middle class figures they have nothing left to lose.

It's going to be interesting to hear how they reflect on this when they're thrown into the workhouses in a few years' time.

Virtually anyone in Britain who believes they have nothing to lose is a strawberry floating idiot who should check out living conditions in a substantially poorer country.

Wow, it's staggering how some of you really don't understand how bad poverty has become in Britain.


It's pretty staggering that you cannot see how much worse that poverty will be if growth slows down due to our exit from the EU.

It's especially staggering when just a few weeks ago you were claiming that homelessness has not really gotten any worse over the last 10/20 years.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Rocsteady » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am

captain red dog wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Karl wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Anyone below middle class figures they have nothing left to lose.

It's going to be interesting to hear how they reflect on this when they're thrown into the workhouses in a few years' time.

Virtually anyone in Britain who believes they have nothing to lose is a strawberry floating idiot who should check out living conditions in a substantially poorer country.

Wow, it's staggering how some of you really don't understand how bad poverty has become in Britain.

Sounds like I should've come to you for some magical insight.

I'm well aware of living conditions of poor areas in Britain, as I am with poor conditions in Eastern European states (which are still 'rich' countries compared to the majority of the world). For the vast, overwhelming majority of British citizens there's a hell of a lot further they could fall.

Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Albear » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am

Having witnessed both in recent years I can safely state I would rather be in poverty in Britain than I would in somewhere like South africa.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Poverty in the UK is bad and we really should be doing more to stop it, but to suggest that it's as bad as the worst places in Africa and Asia is a bad joke. In southend where I currently live there is a large homeless population but there are a number of food banks, public shower and accommodation. You wouldn't get any of that in the third world.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by KK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

lex-man wrote:Poverty in the UK is bad and we really should be doing more to stop it, but to suggest that it's as bad as the worst places in Africa and Asia is a bad joke. In southend where I currently live there is a large homeless population but there are a number of food banks, public shower and accommodation. You wouldn't get any of that in the third world.

Pfft, homeless are living the life of Lisa Riley in South Africa, as this scientific comparison proves:

Image

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Rocsteady » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 pm

And the homeless are those who I'd exclude from my previous statement. They make up around 0.5% of the population so it's quite clear that 99.5% could have further to fall.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Bojo's speech seems to have gone down pretty well then........

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm

He answered a question about clarity by blathering on about carrots for strawberry floats sake. This bullshit simply cannot go on any longer. March on parliament!

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Did he mention anything about the Irish border? Haven't watched it as I'm now in Malaysia with limited data.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Garth wrote:Did he mention anything about the Irish border? Haven't watched it as I'm now in Malaysia with limited data.



Nope - although he's back to divergence from EU rules/regs, so the Border issue and December's agreement should have been covered.

It's back to peddling project Fantasy to leavers, and setting it for being "non-believers" faults when it fails

Last edited by Hexx on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Garth wrote:Did he mention anything about the Irish border? Haven't watched it as I'm now in Malaysia with limited data.

Pretty sure he said nothing about it.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 pm

We're just going round in circles. Completely mental.

Edit - wtf:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Even Baldrick thinks Johnson is a thick twat.


User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Brexit
by Hyperion » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Image

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Garth wrote:Did he mention anything about the Irish border? Haven't watched it as I'm now in Malaysia with limited data.


Chuka said no. Haven't seen it myself yet.

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Dblock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:12 pm

The nations majority are racist as proven by brexit. It was all to stop daaa imaagrunaaathss...don't hide it. Anyone who voted for brexit is a racist.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Dblock wrote:The nations majority are racist as proven by brexit. It was all to stop daaa imaagrunaaathss...don't hide it. Anyone who voted for brexit is a racist.


27% is a majority?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Hexx wrote:
Dblock wrote:The nations majority are racist as proven by brexit. It was all to stop daaa imaagrunaaathss...don't hide it. Anyone who voted for brexit is a racist.


27% is a majority?


Unfortunately it appears so.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Skarjo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:43 pm

On the plus side, Da Imugranaths sound like an ace villain for the 4th wave of Marvel films.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests