Brexit

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
200
78%
Leave the European Union
56
22%
 
Total votes: 256
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:16 am

Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:

Jesus


They want to pay £5 for a bit of rope? I guess that is the post-Brexit 2019 inflation price as I just found some for £1.


I don't have words. Is that guy an actual murder or is it just a stoke photo. What ever the case. :fp:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 am

lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:

Jesus


They want to pay £5 for a bit of rope? I guess that is the post-Brexit 2019 inflation price as I just found some for £1.


I don't have words. Is that guy an actual murder or is it just a stoke photo. What ever the case. :fp:


I think he's the guy that killed Lee Rigby. I saw some people on Facebook going on about it this morning.

User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Karl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:26 am

Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by <]:^D » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:28 am

Karl, people are tired of facts, you should know this by now! :x

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:36 am

Karl wrote:Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.


That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Brexit
by Death's Head » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 am

Moggy wrote:That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.

Why would we need mob justice? I was under the impression we would all have guns. Not decided yet whether I will be a Lone Ranger type gunman ridding the country of evil or some kind of gun totting super villain.

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 am

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.

Why would we need mob justice? I was under the impression we would all have guns. Not decided yet whether I will be a Lone Ranger type gunman ridding the country of evil or some kind of gun totting super villain.


That exactly the conditions where mob justice will rule. You lone gunman types will be hung up next to the paediatricians.

User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Karl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:47 am

And every day we'll elect a new mayor and vote on someone to lynch.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:51 am

Karl wrote:And every day we'll elect a new mayor and vote on someone to lynch.


And just like a DML game, there will be no bad guys but we will lynch everybody regardless.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

Oh we should run another Werewolf game.

Maybe not Qikz though.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:55 am

Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:And every day we'll elect a new mayor and vote on someone to lynch.


And just like a DML game, there will be no bad guys but we will lynch everybody regardless.


As long as the roles aren't alphabetically assigned then it will be fine.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Brexit
by Meep » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 am

Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.


That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.

The judges are the enemies of the people so they should be the first to hang anyway.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 am

We could I suppose run a Quick "One Night" style game...would need people to be online though...

User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Karl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Hexx wrote:We could I suppose run a Quick "One Night" style game...would need people to be online though...


I'm not going to spend a night with you Hexx, stop harassing me :x

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.


That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.


Wouldn't that essentially make the justice system free as who ever started the mob could just nip into B&Q and buy a bit of rope. It'll even generate tax.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:44 pm

lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.


That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.


Wouldn't that essentially make the justice system free as who ever started the mob could just nip into B&Q and buy a bit of rope. It'll even generate tax.


So that's:

Quick, efficient and permanent justice.
Our CHILDREN safe on the streets.
Jobs for pensioners at B&Q.
Additional tax raised from the sale of ropes.
A saving on the wages of police and judges.

But I bet those unelected bureaucrats in Brussels will not let us. :roll:

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Moggy wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:Data from the States suggests that life imprisonment works out cheaper than the death penalty.

But I guess you can prove anything with facts.


That's only because they use courts. Post Brexit Britain will mean we can do away with things like that and just go straight to mob justice.


Wouldn't that essentially make the justice system free as who ever started the mob could just nip into B&Q and buy a bit of rope. It'll even generate tax.


So that's:

Quick, efficient and permanent justice.
Our CHILDREN safe on the streets.
Jobs for pensioners at B&Q.
Additional tax raised from the sale of ropes.
A saving on the wages of police and judges.

But I bet those unelected bureaucrats in Brussels will not let us. :roll:


Brexit is truly working. :fp:

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm



:slol:

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by KK » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Brexit has had a negative impact of young people's perceptions and trust of the UK in EU countries, but we are now seen more positively, or no impact, on the global stage of G20 countries new research from the British Council (and conducted by Ipsos Mori) suggesting: https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/de ... 2016_0.pdf

A number of other stats in there, such as 2 in 5 of those surveyed thinking the U.K. is already out of the EU; 26% of those surveyed unsure either way.

Canadians (1st), Australians, Italians, our own citizens, France, Germany, Japan, USA (8th) and finally Brazilians generally still find the UK the most attractive of those asked. In some cases, such as Canada and Australia, the attractiveness of the UK increased by a couple of points. South Africa, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia think we're the gooseberry fools.

- Everyone surveyed had the equivalent of at least a secondary school education.

Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Anecdotal, by every foreign person I speak with these days has an awful impression of the English, regarding them as intolerant of foreigners or outright racist. The common belief I hear is that it's no longer safe for someone with different coloured skin or a foreign accent to visit England. They've all said they feel more welcome in Scotland and Ireland though, and that the people there are friendlier too. No opinions about the Welsh :P

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Blue Eyes, Dig Dug, floydfreak, Kanbei, Mafro, Met, mic, PurplePenguin, Saint of Killers, Tineash and 66 guests