Brexit

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
197
78%
Leave the European Union
56
22%
 
Total votes: 253
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Brexit
by Meep » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Hmm, looking at the government's current attitude to the poor and the destitute, I have to wonder what kind of church her father was running. Even as an atheist I have read some of the speeches attributed to Jesus and it's clear she must have a 'creative' interpretation of them.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Meep wrote:Hmm, looking at the government's current attitude to the poor and the destitute, I have to wonder what kind of church her father was running. Even as an atheist I have read some of the speeches attributed to Jesus and it's clear she must have a 'creative' interpretation of them.

God will save them, so i don't have to.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 am

Meep wrote:Hmm, looking at the government's current attitude to the poor and the destitute, I have to wonder what kind of church her father was running. Even as an atheist I have read some of the speeches attributed to Jesus and it's clear she must have a 'creative' interpretation of them.


Personally, I was brought up with those beliefs, and even if I don't practice or believe in anything now, I know a lot of the parables. There's no doubt they have shaped me into the person I am today.

It's such a shame that a vicar's daughter, who is bringing religion into politics, pays little attention to those.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am

How bloody dare the EU remove EU agencies from a country that's leaving the EU. :x :x :x

Image

:slol:
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Qikz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:36 am

David Davis has stuck his head in the sand for the FT and said that it's not a done deal that they're leaving, he wants to make them part of the negotiation process and negotiations haven't finished yet.

They haven't even started you melter.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Qikz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:39 am

DML wrote:She's our Thatcher. I can't wait for her to strawberry float off.


I now understand why people were celebrating the day Thatcher died, because Thatcher did more damage than May has so far. The problem is May has the chance to do even more in the long term.

I also really strawberry floating hate Cameron for bowing down to the anti-EU backbenchers in the Tory party. I hope you got what you wanted you spineless banana split.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Brexit
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 am

Qikz wrote:
DML wrote:She's our Thatcher. I can't wait for her to strawberry float off.


I now understand why people were celebrating the day Thatcher died, because Thatcher did more damage than May has so far. The problem is May has the chance to do even more in the long term.

I also really strawberry floating hate Cameron for bowing down to the anti-EU backbenchers in the Tory party. I hope you got what you wanted you spineless banana split.


I never understood the pressure he faced, just seemed to me that he could ignore them.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Qikz wrote:
DML wrote:She's our Thatcher. I can't wait for her to strawberry float off.


I now understand why people were celebrating the day Thatcher died, because Thatcher did more damage than May has so far. The problem is May has the chance to do even more in the long term.

I also really strawberry floating hate Cameron for bowing down to the anti-EU backbenchers in the Tory party. I hope you got what you wanted you spineless banana split.


I never understood the pressure he faced, just seemed to me that he could ignore them.


He was a coward.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Brexit
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am

Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Qikz wrote:
DML wrote:She's our Thatcher. I can't wait for her to strawberry float off.


I now understand why people were celebrating the day Thatcher died, because Thatcher did more damage than May has so far. The problem is May has the chance to do even more in the long term.

I also really strawberry floating hate Cameron for bowing down to the anti-EU backbenchers in the Tory party. I hope you got what you wanted you spineless banana split.


I never understood the pressure he faced, just seemed to me that he could ignore them.


He was a coward.

I'm probably oversimplifying the scenario but I suspect he foresaw this rise of nationalist hatred and knew there would be a popular opposition to things like the EU, immigration etc. His strategy was to appeal just enough to these sentiments to limit the growth of the likes of UKIP but then to quash its full development. The first step was to lead the Remain campaign to victory. He fell at the first hurdle.

You might think I'm giving him too much credit but I do have some faith in the government's strategic intelligence and I don't think Cameron is genuinely a bad person.

Governments/leaders will always have to consider such a broad and complex spectrum when manoeuvring our political landscape. It is unfortunately never as simple or straightforward as we would like it to be.
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:18 am

I think you're giving him way too much credit there.

Cameron didn't want to lose the election and have to rely on Clegg propping him up again. He figured he could attract UKIP types by offering a referendum.

Once he lost the referendum he shat himself and ran away.

Absolute coward.
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Brexit
by Meep » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Squinty wrote:
Meep wrote:Hmm, looking at the government's current attitude to the poor and the destitute, I have to wonder what kind of church her father was running. Even as an atheist I have read some of the speeches attributed to Jesus and it's clear she must have a 'creative' interpretation of them.


Personally, I was brought up with those beliefs, and even if I don't practice or believe in anything now, I know a lot of the parables. There's no doubt they have shaped me into the person I am today.

It's such a shame that a vicar's daughter, who is bringing religion into politics, pays little attention to those.

Maybe when she heard "blessed are the poor" she thought it was a good thing for people to be poor? That's why she is acting to raise child poverty. She wants them to be blessed.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Meep wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Meep wrote:Hmm, looking at the government's current attitude to the poor and the destitute, I have to wonder what kind of church her father was running. Even as an atheist I have read some of the speeches attributed to Jesus and it's clear she must have a 'creative' interpretation of them.


Personally, I was brought up with those beliefs, and even if I don't practice or believe in anything now, I know a lot of the parables. There's no doubt they have shaped me into the person I am today.

It's such a shame that a vicar's daughter, who is bringing religion into politics, pays little attention to those.

Maybe when she heard "blessed are the poor" she thought it was a good thing for people to be poor? That's why she is acting to raise child poverty. She wants them to be blessed.


She also thinks that if she cuts disability benefits enough that God will take pity and cure them.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:08 pm

David Davis (Davies? Who knows which one it is) thinks we can keep EU bases post Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-229 ... f7e0cd0a16

Presumably the jobs therefore will be entirely the EU's fault for being so instrifebt to move them
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Brexit
by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Moggy wrote:I think you're giving him way too much credit there.

Cameron didn't want to lose the election and have to rely on Clegg propping him up again. He figured he could attract UKIP types by offering a referendum.

Once he lost the referendum he shat himself and ran away.

Absolute coward.

No he was expecting another coalition and included the referendum pledge in the manifesto as something he could negotiate away when agreeing terms with the Lib Dems.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Hexx wrote:


I guess that's just sabotage. Or Remoaners. Or bullying.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 pm

You know that "Brexit Divorce Bill"?

It's been reported they want it paid...in Euros. (Not surprising, but means cost goes up as currency tanks)
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Hexx wrote:You know that "Brexit Divorce Bill"?

It's been reported they want it paid...in Euros. (Not surprising, but means cost goes up as currency tanks)


I hope they demand it in cash. In one cent coins. :nod:
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Brussels wants UK to pay for relocation of EU agencies out of London, leak suggests

According to a leaked draft of the European commission’s proposed Brexit negotiating guidelines, Brussels is going to ask the UK to pay the costs of relocating EU agencies out of London.

Politico Europe, which obtained the document (pdf), says the approach it proposes is “hardline” and “more in-your-face ... than EU officials had previously suggested”.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) and European Banking Authority (EBA) are both currently based in London’s Canary Wharf. The document says the UK should pay for them to move to the continent, saying:

The United Kingdom should fully cover the specific costs related to the withdrawal process such as the relocation of the agencies or other Union bodies.

Politico Europe says this could even lead to the UK being asked to pay “the travel and expenses of negotiators on both sides, as well as extraordinary summit meetings of EU leaders”.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Hexx wrote:
Brussels wants UK to pay for relocation of EU agencies out of London, leak suggests

According to a leaked draft of the European commission’s proposed Brexit negotiating guidelines, Brussels is going to ask the UK to pay the costs of relocating EU agencies out of London.

Politico Europe, which obtained the document (pdf), says the approach it proposes is “hardline” and “more in-your-face ... than EU officials had previously suggested”.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) and European Banking Authority (EBA) are both currently based in London’s Canary Wharf. The document says the UK should pay for them to move to the continent, saying:

The United Kingdom should fully cover the specific costs related to the withdrawal process such as the relocation of the agencies or other Union bodies.

Politico Europe says this could even lead to the UK being asked to pay “the travel and expenses of negotiators on both sides, as well as extraordinary summit meetings of EU leaders”.


The DM and Breitbart just melted down. :lol:

To be fair, I can't see why the UK should pay specifically for the relocation of agencies. We should be paying a fair settlement of course, but it would be a bit cheeky to demand the UK pay the full costs for an office move.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Grumpy David, massimo, Neo Cortex, Photek, Ste, Tragic Magic, Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests