Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 am

KK wrote:Whataboutism.


Only part of my post was that. And it was less whataboutism and more about how Leavers are happy to ignore inaccuracies from their own side.

The main point is a comedy writer sending a tweet about an ex politician is irrelevant.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Brexit
by jawafour » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 am

.

Last edited by jawafour on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:46 am

jawafour wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:...That Tweet means nothing, it’s from a comedian and is about a bloke who spends his time riding around on the railways. To be outrage by that while also ignoring all the whopping lies is bizarre.

I don’t know the guy (the comedian, not Portillo :) ) but my point was more about how some seemingly large chunks of society view social media posts as “the truth”. Anyone can post any old rubbish, tailoring it to suit their own agenda. It’s best to be cautious and take most of it as a moulded version of reality. Of course, this applies to all forms of communication... compare and contrast whatever you read or hear with other sources.

This sounds like I am suggesting that one should never believe anything. Probably not a bad approach :lol: .


Absolutely, everything should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

That Tweet was a weird thing to be outraged by though. It was a misleading quote but was hardly written in a serious manner, didn’t come from a serious source and didn’t even really misquote Portillo, it just missed off the end of what Portillo said.

If we are going to be outraged by anything that anyone posts, then I feel that the Leave side is going to lose on the basis of lies, inaccuracy, misquotes and other assorted misdeeds.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:46 am

I share tweets here as Twitter is a good source of breaking news, but I usually stick to verified journalist accounts or verified orange twats.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Farage is unhappy:

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Brexit
by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

The DM comments section is hilarious at the moment.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 pm

What did these strawberry floating idiots think would happen? They've got what they voted for yet they still cry and moan. Their ideal solution is unworkable, and this was always on the cards.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:What did these strawberry floating idiots think would happen? They've got what they voted for yet they still cry and moan. Their ideal solution is unworkable, and this was always on the cards.

It is unworkable if you want any form of trading relationship, they however do not they want to walk about because "ENGERLAAAND!!!" so anything other than it is a betrayal.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Yup, unworkable for the Good Friday Agreement too.

No comments from Ian Duncan Smith yet today? :slol:

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 pm

A raging racist on James O’Brien just then.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Photek wrote:A raging racist on James O’Brien just then.

Any choice quotes?

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by DML » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Quit whining Remoaners...oh it worked.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
Photek wrote:A raging racist on James O’Brien just then.

Any choice quotes?

"Too many pakistani's in my local supermarket, too many brown faces in local Hospital"
"will they go now you've voted Brexit?"
"no"
"good job then"
*goes to news*

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Photek wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:
Photek wrote:A raging racist on James O’Brien just then.

Any choice quotes?

"Too many pakistani's in my local supermarket, too many brown faces in local Hospital"
"will they go now you've voted Brexit?"
"no"
"good job then"
*goes to news*

strawberry floating Hell. Imagine calling a radio show to spout such idiotic bile. Bloke needs his head kicked in checked.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Brexit
by Garth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Sadiq Khan to commission his OWN papers to study impact of Brexit

Sadiq Khan today announced he is commissioning his own Brexit impact papers for London after David Davis admitted that the Government’s did not exist.

The Mayor said that nine key sectors, including financial services and the creative industries, would be assessed by independent experts.

The reports, to be published next month, will look closely at indicators such as economic output, employment and the knock-on effect for the rest of the UK.

It came amid growing confusion over the status of the Brexit Secretary’s own papers after he said that none had in fact been written.

Mr Khan criticised his “chaotic” approach and said his own reports, by independent experts Cambridge Econometrics, would help deliver a deal that protected London’s jobs and growth.

They will model five different departure scenarios, ranging from the status quo, through to a hard Brexit with no transition period.

Other sectors to be covered include construction, digital, life sciences, hospitality, culture, food and manufacturing, and science and technology.


He said: “It is outrageous that the Government either failed to properly consider the impact of Brexit on Britain’s economy, or are refusing to release their analysis.

“If it’s the former then I question their competence. If it is the latter then I question whether they have something to hide.

“We need to know the impact of different Brexit scenarios on our economy in order to deliver a Brexit deal that protects jobs and growth.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 13886.html

Khan do what goverdon't.

I'm sorry, that's terrible.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:57 pm

I really like that Sadiq Kahn lad, seems really down to earth. He's be a decent PM.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Cuttooth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Garth wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sadiq-khan-to-commission-his-own-papers-to-study-impact-of-brexit-a3713886.html
Sadiq Khan to commission his OWN papers to study impact of Brexit

Sadiq Khan today announced he is commissioning his own Brexit impact papers for London after David Davis admitted that the Government’s did not exist.

The Mayor said that nine key sectors, including financial services and the creative industries, would be assessed by independent experts.

The reports, to be published next month, will look closely at indicators such as economic output, employment and the knock-on effect for the rest of the UK.

It came amid growing confusion over the status of the Brexit Secretary’s own papers after he said that none had in fact been written.

Mr Khan criticised his “chaotic” approach and said his own reports, by independent experts Cambridge Econometrics, would help deliver a deal that protected London’s jobs and growth.

They will model five different departure scenarios, ranging from the status quo, through to a hard Brexit with no transition period.

Other sectors to be covered include construction, digital, life sciences, hospitality, culture, food and manufacturing, and science and technology.


He said: “It is outrageous that the Government either failed to properly consider the impact of Brexit on Britain’s economy, or are refusing to release their analysis.

“If it’s the former then I question their competence. If it is the latter then I question whether they have something to hide.

“We need to know the impact of different Brexit scenarios on our economy in order to deliver a Brexit deal that protects jobs and growth.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 13886.html

Khan do what goverdon't.

I'm sorry, that's terrible.


It's alright Garth, you have a Kahn do attitude to make up for your terrible puns.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Tafdolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Mistletooth wrote:
Garth wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sadiq-khan-to-commission-his-own-papers-to-study-impact-of-brexit-a3713886.html
Sadiq Khan to commission his OWN papers to study impact of Brexit

Sadiq Khan today announced he is commissioning his own Brexit impact papers for London after David Davis admitted that the Government’s did not exist.

The Mayor said that nine key sectors, including financial services and the creative industries, would be assessed by independent experts.

The reports, to be published next month, will look closely at indicators such as economic output, employment and the knock-on effect for the rest of the UK.

It came amid growing confusion over the status of the Brexit Secretary’s own papers after he said that none had in fact been written.

Mr Khan criticised his “chaotic” approach and said his own reports, by independent experts Cambridge Econometrics, would help deliver a deal that protected London’s jobs and growth.

They will model five different departure scenarios, ranging from the status quo, through to a hard Brexit with no transition period.

Other sectors to be covered include construction, digital, life sciences, hospitality, culture, food and manufacturing, and science and technology.


He said: “It is outrageous that the Government either failed to properly consider the impact of Brexit on Britain’s economy, or are refusing to release their analysis.

“If it’s the former then I question their competence. If it is the latter then I question whether they have something to hide.

“We need to know the impact of different Brexit scenarios on our economy in order to deliver a Brexit deal that protects jobs and growth.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 13886.html

Khan do what goverdon't.

I'm sorry, that's terrible.


It's alright Garth, you have a Kahn do attitude to make up for your terrible puns.


Well that's just Sadiqistic.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 pm

The BBC news comments section seems very.......confused at the moment.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Squinty wrote:The BBC news comments section seems very.......confused at the moment.


Yeah, the story I looked at earlier the commenters seem split between Leavers cheering “Ahhh told you we would be fine REMOANERS, WE WON!!!!!” and Remainers saying “We will still follow EU rules, BREXSHITTERS LOST!!!!!!”. :lol:


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests