Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Hyperion » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 am

Stick the Leaveophile on ignore, it wants to be isolationist.

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:50 am

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:I'd disagree there. A general election is different, it is voting for a representative, it isn't voting for upheaval in the entire way the country is run. And general election results are always overturnable after 5 years, referendums like this are going to be either forever or at least for a very long time.


5 years is a long time, and you can bet that people who didn't vote are going to complain about what the party in power has done.


5 years is a lot shorter than forever.

And of course people will moan, we live in a free country and everyone has the right to moan about anything they want to moan about. A Labour supporter that doesn’t bother voting in an election still has the right to moan about the Tories.

Labmoaners gotta labmoan.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:50 am

_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:Such a great and momentous day.

A brighter future going forward for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.



Image

Sieg Heil!


Couldn't resist, just seems so fitting :oops:

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

Blue Eyes wrote:I can't believe Karl chastised me for calling Yungstar a banana split. Just look at the state of his posts.


I think Karl’s point was that it makes it bloody hard for him to deal with the troll if everyone is calling the troll a banana split. Give the troll enough rope to hang himself.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

Moggy wrote:5 years is a lot shorter than forever.



Forever is much shorter these days.

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am

Death's Head wrote:
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:Such a great and momentous day.

A brighter future going forward for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.



Image

Sieg Heil!


Couldn't resist, just seems so fitting :oops:


I wonder how many people in the 30s were told “let’s hope for the best with Hitler, wanting his leadership to fail is just asking for us all to have lower living standards”. ;)

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Blue Eyes » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am

Moggy wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:I can't believe Karl chastised me for calling Yungstar a banana split. Just look at the state of his posts.


I think Karl’s point was that it makes it bloody hard for him to deal with the troll if everyone is calling the troll a banana split. Give the troll enough rope to hang himself.

Yeah I know where he's coming from but bloody hell, this guy.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

Moggy wrote:I wonder how many people in the 30s were told “let’s hope for the best with Hitler, wanting his leadership to fail is just asking for us all to have lower living standards”. ;)


Probably exactly the same amount who thought "I can't take the bombing anymore, let's just give up rather than making a change".

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:04 am

Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:I wonder how many people in the 30s were told “let’s hope for the best with Hitler, wanting his leadership to fail is just asking for us all to have lower living standards”. ;)


Probably exactly the same amount who thought "I can't take the bombing anymore, let's just give up rather than making a change".


In the 30s?

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by BID0 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34 am

_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:Such a great and momentous day.

A brighter future going forward for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

But remoaners gotta remoan.

Yes you are right, it's a terrible thing to be looking out for the vulnerable in society when we should all just be thinking about ourselves :lol:

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Karl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 am

Business Insider wrote: Berenberg Bank, one of the oldest investment banks in the world, wrote a report for clients ahead of the trigger on how Brexit talks are likely to shape up. In it, the bank posed and answered the question: "Does Brexit create any opportunities for the UK?"

The answer is pretty simple — no. There's nothing that will provide a major positive effect on Britain's economy in the long term.


Getting pretty sick of these experts :x

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 am

Moggy wrote:In the 30s?


Possibly the 40s. See, I told you that anything can be proved with numbers. :shifty:

Yes?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

Karl wrote:
Business Insider wrote: Berenberg Bank, one of the oldest investment banks in the world, wrote a report for clients ahead of the trigger on how Brexit talks are likely to shape up. In it, the bank posed and answered the question: "Does Brexit create any opportunities for the UK?"

The answer is pretty simple — no. There's nothing that will provide a major positive effect on Britain's economy in the long term.


Getting pretty sick of these experts :x


Don’t be silly Karl. We will end up as a tax haven. Tax havens are hot and sunny (like the Cayman Islands). Britain will therefore get better weather. Better weather will bring in tourists who want to soak up the sun in Weston-Super-Mare. Tourists have cash. Britain is rich.

And all of that is far more likely to happen than £350million extra per week for the NHS. :slol:

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 am

Karl wrote:Getting pretty sick of these experts :x


I think anyone claiming "no opportunities at all" is certainly taking an unbiased approach.

Yes?
User avatar
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by _/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm

BID0 wrote:
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:Such a great and momentous day.

A brighter future going forward for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

But remoaners gotta remoan.

Yes you are right, it's a terrible thing to be looking out for the vulnerable in society when we should all just be thinking about ourselves :lol:

Looking out for the vulnerable in society has really worked while in the EU. Unless of course looking after the EU and not the UK is your game.

But...... #Remoanersgottaremoan

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Squinty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:25 pm

The Beebs article on the Brexit negotiators is an interesting read.

And Yungstar, I think you'll find that the UK parliament/government has inflicted more damage on the vulnerable than the EU could ever hope to achieve. Cuts to benefits, mental health services, neglect of various areas in England to name just a few of things that have been implemented or not even addressed.

Last edited by Squinty on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Moggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:26 pm

_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:
BID0 wrote:
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ wrote:Such a great and momentous day.

A brighter future going forward for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

But remoaners gotta remoan.

Yes you are right, it's a terrible thing to be looking out for the vulnerable in society when we should all just be thinking about ourselves :lol:

Looking out for the vulnerable in society has really worked while in the EU. Unless of course looking after the EU and not the UK is your game.

But...... #Remoanersgottaremoan


Go on then, show us how the UK will better look after the vulnerable once we're out of the EU.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Qikz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Tories are running the NHS into the ground and trying to remove us from the Bill of Human Rights knowing full well they've done harsh austerity before and making things worse for the sick and poor. For example woman with terminal cancer declared fit to work.

Yeah, sure is going to get better without the EU actually stopping the tories from going full banana spliting.

But you know.... ££££Brexiteersgottafuckeverythingupforeveryoneelse.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Qikz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 pm

We want to back a strong EU, buttressed by a strong UK, with a new relationship, a deep and special partnership, between the EU and the UK.And I’ve absolutely no doubt we can make it work. I think we’re going to have a very successful negotiation and it’s in the interests of both sides to have a win-win outcome."


YOU MEAN WHAT WE ALREADY HAD?

I remember a time when things were decided by intelligence, but not anymore.

But you know.... ££££Brexiteersgottafuckeverythingupforeveryoneelse

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The EU Referendum: The UK votes Leave
by Qikz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:42 pm

UKIP's Deputy Chair Suzanne Evans has told BBC Radio 5 live's Emma Barnett that "skilled up" British citizens could replace migrant workers.

The UKIP politician said: “Seventy percent of people in this country want immigration to fall. What about training people in our own country? Let's be more optimistic and just skill up our own.”


Wait... what? Where did that figure come from? Stop pulling figures out of your arse.

Why are we even giving this party air time anymore? They have no MPs in Parliament.

But you know.... ££££Brexiteersgottafuckeverythingupforeveryoneelse

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests