Brexit

Our best bits.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
222
80%
Leave the European Union
57
20%
 
Total votes: 279
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.


With any luck.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:16 pm

lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.


With any luck.


As bad as May is (and she is bad), we are probably slightly better off with her in charge rather than Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Hexx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I wanted the people's champion...Angela

Image

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Moggy wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.


With any luck.


As bad as May is (and she is bad), we are probably slightly better off with her in charge rather than Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg.


I feel like with one of them in charge we can push for another election. Hopefully it would lead to a hung parliament which would delay Brexit and give us a chance to get some decent leadership in place.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:51 pm

lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.


With any luck.


As bad as May is (and she is bad), we are probably slightly better off with her in charge rather than Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg.


I feel like with one of them in charge we can push for another election. Hopefully it would lead to a hung parliament which would delay Brexit and give us a chance to get some decent leadership in place.


Or it could lead us to be stuck with a hard Brexit and Prime Minister Rees-Mogg for another 4 years before he wins a massive majority at the 2022 election.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Brexit
by Moggy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:46 pm


User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Moggy wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:

Brexiteers are going to go nuclear.


Yeah, the European Research Group (hard Brexit loving Tories) will rip her a new arsehole if she tries to extend it further.


With any luck.


As bad as May is (and she is bad), we are probably slightly better off with her in charge rather than Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg.


I feel like with one of them in charge we can push for another election. Hopefully it would lead to a hung parliament which would delay Brexit and give us a chance to get some decent leadership in place.


Or it could lead us to be stuck with a hard Brexit and Prime Minister Rees-Mogg for another 4 years before he wins a massive majority at the 2022 election.


At that point I think the UK is beyond hope.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Brexit
by Photek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm

This is what happens when as a government you prefer if the people blame immigrants or Europe for any problems the NHS have or the unemployed. Without having the big bad EU to blame for things, the UK Government is going to be in for one hell of a backlash.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by Errkal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Photek wrote:This is what happens when as a government you prefer if the people blame immigrants or Europe for any problems the NHS have or the unemployed. Without having the big bad EU to blame for things, the UK Government is going to be in for one hell of a backlash.


Doubt it,

"We can't help X because the EU refused to work with us during Brexit"

"We had to sell the Hospitals, the EU punished us for leaving"

etc etc.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Brexit
by Squinty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm

I love it. This Brexit thing isn't a massive, seemingly impossible task at ALL.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by KK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 pm

BREXIT could see even higher immigration after a minister hinted that visas could be granted as part of future trade deals.

Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes refused to say today whether countries could be offered special concessions in order to secure a partnership after we leave the bloc.

Britain is set to embark on trade deals with countries around the world - and is also looking to secure a deal with the EU - once we quit the EU in 2019.

But the future immigration system has yet to be ironed out, Ms Nokes told MPs on the European Scrutiny Committee today.

Labour MP Geraint Davies asked her whether ministers had ruled out "movement of labour concessions in future trade deals" or whether it was something that could be allowed.

But in a hint that visas could be offered in exchange for a good trading partnership, she replied: "That is absolutely a matter for future immigration policy and the movement of labour with EU countries... absolutely part of the negotiations."

The Immigration Minister was pressed a further three times for clarity on the subject, but still she wouldn't rule it out.

"So it might be the case that extra immigrants would be let in as part of a trade deal?" she was asked.

"I cannot say further, I am not going to speculate on future negotiations as part of a future trade deal," she said.

Theresa May has repeatedly said we will be able to take back control of our borders once we leave the EU.

And the Tories have kept their pledge to try and get numbers of people coming to the UK less than 100,000 every year.

At the moment there are caps on the number of people from outside the EU who can come to Britain, but there is no cap on the number of people from inside the EU who can come to live, work or study here.

Applicants have a better chance of getting in if they are trying to work in a sector which has a national shortage of workers.

After we leave the EU, Britain will design a whole new system to deal with immigration - but minister's plans have been repeatedly pushed back.

"Our future immigration policy is exactly that, ours," Ms Nokes said, insisting that it was not for the EU to tell us what it should be like.

Figures of EU nationals working in the UK surged to a new high last year, statistics showed today.

But it also revealed there was a 53,000 fall in eastern European states like Poland and Hungary coming to work in the bloc.

Ms Nokes could not tell MPs today what the future immigration system after we leave the EU will look like.

She said that a system for registering EU nationals once we leave should be in place by the Autumn, ready for March 2019.

And that anyone coming to Britain after that point would be face different rules.

Ms Nokes said that more details would be available "in the coming months".

The Home Office has been approached for comment.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5635394/b ... for-trade/

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 pm

KK wrote:
BREXIT could see even higher immigration after a minister hinted that visas could be granted as part of future trade deals.

Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes refused to say today whether countries could be offered special concessions in order to secure a partnership after we leave the bloc.

Britain is set to embark on trade deals with countries around the world - and is also looking to secure a deal with the EU - once we quit the EU in 2019.

But the future immigration system has yet to be ironed out, Ms Nokes told MPs on the European Scrutiny Committee today.

Labour MP Geraint Davies asked her whether ministers had ruled out "movement of labour concessions in future trade deals" or whether it was something that could be allowed.

But in a hint that visas could be offered in exchange for a good trading partnership, she replied: "That is absolutely a matter for future immigration policy and the movement of labour with EU countries... absolutely part of the negotiations."

The Immigration Minister was pressed a further three times for clarity on the subject, but still she wouldn't rule it out.

"So it might be the case that extra immigrants would be let in as part of a trade deal?" she was asked.

"I cannot say further, I am not going to speculate on future negotiations as part of a future trade deal," she said.

Theresa May has repeatedly said we will be able to take back control of our borders once we leave the EU.

And the Tories have kept their pledge to try and get numbers of people coming to the UK less than 100,000 every year.

At the moment there are caps on the number of people from outside the EU who can come to Britain, but there is no cap on the number of people from inside the EU who can come to live, work or study here.

Applicants have a better chance of getting in if they are trying to work in a sector which has a national shortage of workers.

After we leave the EU, Britain will design a whole new system to deal with immigration - but minister's plans have been repeatedly pushed back.

"Our future immigration policy is exactly that, ours," Ms Nokes said, insisting that it was not for the EU to tell us what it should be like.

Figures of EU nationals working in the UK surged to a new high last year, statistics showed today.

But it also revealed there was a 53,000 fall in eastern European states like Poland and Hungary coming to work in the bloc.

Ms Nokes could not tell MPs today what the future immigration system after we leave the EU will look like.

She said that a system for registering EU nationals once we leave should be in place by the Autumn, ready for March 2019.

And that anyone coming to Britain after that point would be face different rules.

Ms Nokes said that more details would be available "in the coming months".

The Home Office has been approached for comment.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5635394/b ... for-trade/



It'll be hilarious when we start bring in people from Africa and India to fill the unskilled jobs that no one here is prepared to do. Although I think, if they're smart they'll probably try and offer short term positions and keep them out of major population areas.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Brexit
by Lagamorph » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:40 pm

India and China have been pushing for easier immigration for their citizens for a long time, India in particular, it'll be a massive point for them in any free trade negotiation.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Brexit
by Blue Eyes » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm

You think this country is racist now, wait until we’ve got loads more Asian people here. The next referendum will be on whether to leave the world or not.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:You think this country is racist now, wait until we’ve got loads more Asian people here. The next referendum will be on whether to leave the world or not.


Dyson will build a large rocket jet under the country. I wonder how we'll deal with Northern Island when they do?

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by RichardUK » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 am

It was on my local news (East Midlands today) that a new political party has been set up called “Renew” and they plan to have field a candidate in every single seat

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am

RichardUK wrote:It was on my local news (East Midlands today) that a new political party has been set up called “Renew” and they plan to have field a candidate in every single seat


I applied to be a candidate although I doubt I'll actually do anything for the party.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by RichardUK » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:37 am

Is it correct that they don’t have a leader?

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Brexit
by lex-man » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am

Not at the moment, they have three people who are guiding the party. Presumably they'll elect a leader at some later point.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests