The F1 2017 Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Death's Head » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

I've not watched any of the races so far this season (although I watched the last 10 or so laps of this). Am I right in thinking that Bottas has had to let Hamilton pass him twice this year in which case if this hadn't had happened, Bottas would actually be leading Hamilton in the championship?

Yes?
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Death's Head wrote:I've not watched any of the races so far this season (although I watched the last 10 or so laps of this). Am I right in thinking that Bottas has had to let Hamilton pass him twice this year in which case if this hadn't had happened, Bottas would actually be leading Hamilton in the championship?

He has let him go, but Bottas was slower and holding everything up.

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Mini E » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Ahhh the classic awkward Putin small-talk.

Edit: And Putin's personal photographer from Pravda on the podium too :slol:

teh bork wrote:The appointment of Moyes is me done with that club until he and the 3 idiots running it have strawberry floated off. I'd boo him, but I think I'll sell my ticket game by game and get some money back. I'm so angry about this, the final nail in the coffin of this great club.
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by bear » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Dogshit race but Bottas got the job done in a race Ferrari would have expected to win in reasonable comfort after yesterday. He has responded well to his cock up in China.

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Mini E » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm

I want to watch Eddie Jordan meet Vladimir Putin.

teh bork wrote:The appointment of Moyes is me done with that club until he and the 3 idiots running it have strawberry floated off. I'd boo him, but I think I'll sell my ticket game by game and get some money back. I'm so angry about this, the final nail in the coffin of this great club.
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Lotus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Eddie Jordan's such an odd guy.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Advent7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Christ Eddie, the cringe is off the chart.

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Advent7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Kimi :lol:

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Lotus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Such a weird segment, this. I usually turn off as soon as the race is done so don't see it.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Mini E » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Eddie had two words of Russian to manage and he absolutely slaughtered it :lol:

teh bork wrote:The appointment of Moyes is me done with that club until he and the 3 idiots running it have strawberry floated off. I'd boo him, but I think I'll sell my ticket game by game and get some money back. I'm so angry about this, the final nail in the coffin of this great club.
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm always so disappointed by the Russian Grand Prix. The track and surrounding looks great but the races are always so poor.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Death's Head » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Errkal wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I've not watched any of the races so far this season (although I watched the last 10 or so laps of this). Am I right in thinking that Bottas has had to let Hamilton pass him twice this year in which case if this hadn't had happened, Bottas would actually be leading Hamilton in the championship?

He has let him go, but Bottas was slower and holding everything up.

Yes, but that could prove crucial in the season. 4 races in and Hamilton is ahead of Bottas because he had to make way. Hasn't Bottas also out qualified Hamilton overall so far?

Yes?
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Kanbei » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Rubbish race, you could see Vettel couldn't get close to Bottas because of the dirty air, awful track as well.

User avatar
JV
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by JV » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I've not watched any of the races so far this season (although I watched the last 10 or so laps of this). Am I right in thinking that Bottas has had to let Hamilton pass him twice this year in which case if this hadn't had happened, Bottas would actually be leading Hamilton in the championship?

He has let him go, but Bottas was slower and holding everything up.

Yes, but that could prove crucial in the season. 4 races in and Hamilton is ahead of Bottas because he had to make way. Hasn't Bottas also out qualified Hamilton overall so far?


No, Hamilton has scored two pole positions, a second, and a fourth - to Bottas' single pole position and three thirds.

But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Death's Head » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 pm

I asked a question, I wasn't saying he did out qualify him.

Yes?
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Rubix » Mon May 01, 2017 8:43 am

Watching now, Great start from Bottas, shame about Ricciardo, guy has had no luck

Playing: Resi 7 (PS4), FFXII (PS4) Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Watching: Stranger Things S2
Reading: The Perfect Girlfriend
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Rubix » Mon May 01, 2017 9:11 am

Massa :lol: :toot:

Playing: Resi 7 (PS4), FFXII (PS4) Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Watching: Stranger Things S2
Reading: The Perfect Girlfriend
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Peter Crisp » Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am

I just watched a 5 minute highlights of the race on the F1 youtube channel and even that didn't have anything in it so this must have been super dull for people watching the whole thing.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Mon May 01, 2017 11:23 am

Peter Crisp wrote:I just watched a 5 minute highlights of the race on the F1 youtube channel and even that didn't have anything in it so this must have been super dull for people watching the whole thing.

It really was!

User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: Russia - 30th April!
by Harry Ola » Fri May 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Practice (P1 & P2) for the Spanish Grand Prix suggests that Red Bull may have taken a step forward, closing the gap on Ferrari. But it looks like Mercedes may have taken a big step forward, with the fastest times on short and long runs today. Early days, but the time sheets have a more familiar ring to them than the first 4 races.

Image

Return to “Stuff”