The F1 2017 Thread - Azerbaijan - 25/06/2017

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Harry Ola » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:I've seen the results but not the race. Did Lewis only win because vettel pitted an extra time or was there safety car shenanigans that makes it impossible to really work anything out?


Not sure that tire grid is right. Both pitted twice. Lewis won because Vettel swapped to slicks early and then ended up in 6th after early safety car. Lewis had decent gap then until the end.
Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Errkal » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Harry Ola wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:I've seen the results but not the race. Did Lewis only win because vettel pitted an extra time or was there safety car shenanigans that makes it impossible to really work anything out?


Not sure that tire grid is right. Both pitted twice. Lewis won because Vettel swapped to slicks early and then ended up in 6th after early safety car. Lewis had decent gap then until the end.


Vettel issue was he pitted eight he virtual safety car dropping to 6th which would have been fine had there not been an actual safety car right after
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Ad7 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

god damn :datass:

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:30 am

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... 00-892869/

Alono is going to skip Monaco in favour of the Indy 500.
ImageImage
User avatar
Roonmastor
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Roonmastor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Right choice! Although Monaco may be favourable to the McLaren as it isnt a power circuit. No news on his replacement. Should be JB so no news indicates it'll be someone else.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Death's Head » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Roonmastor wrote:Right choice! Although Monaco may be favourable to the McLaren as it isnt a power circuit. No news on his replacement. Should be JB so no news indicates it'll be someone else.

Why should it be JB? Nothing special about him, better to give some young gun a chance to shine.
Yes?
User avatar
Roonmastor
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Roonmastor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:12 pm

JB is contracted to replace Alonso if he leaves, but we both know that the reserve only gets the spot on occassion. I suspect it will be a rookie driver.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Death's Head » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:24 pm

I didn't know he was reserve. Not sure I'd have taken that as it feels a little insulting.
Yes?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Ad7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Death's Head wrote:I didn't know he was reserve. Not sure I'd have taken that as it feels a little insulting.


I'm sure he'll get over it
Image
SugarCubes
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by SugarCubes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Roonmastor wrote:JB is contracted to replace Alonso if he leaves, but we both know that the reserve only gets the spot on occassion. I suspect it will be a rookie driver.


McLaren's academy drivers aren't good / don't hold the correct license.

Button will replace Alonso.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Errkal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Mercedes front row lockout :dread:
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Shocking
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Jam-Master Jay » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Bottas on pole. :wub:
ImageImage
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Quite enjoying the WEC race at Silverstone while waiting for the Bahrain GP to start. Anyone else been watching?

There's been a really bad crash in the British F4 race at Donington Park.



Appears to be some movement from the driver, but it's quite the scary situation.
ImageImage
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by floydfreak » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Quite enjoying the WEC race at Silverstone while waiting for the Bahrain GP to start. Anyone else been watching?

There's been a really bad crash in the British F4 race at Donington Park.



Appears to be some movement from the driver, but it's quite the scary situation.


took 2 hours to extract him from the car
Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:05 pm

How could the commentators not see that Hamilton got a poor start there.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Errkal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Vettel I'll be passed very soon i think, it is almost likens safety car with how lcose the grid still is.
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by darksideby182 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Very odd 2 laps.
Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Errkal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Dropping like flies!
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The F1 2017 Thread - Next race: China - April 9th.
by Errkal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 pm

HamiLOL

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buffalo, Errkal, FatDaz, floydfreak, Google [Bot], jiggles, Lotus, Mafro, more heat than light, Preezy, satriales, SerialCeler, Tineash, Tragic Magic and 47 guests