The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 17 coming up

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Benzin » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Mahrez :lol:

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Dowbocop » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm

We're supposed to be gooseberry fool, how are we two points off the top?

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Pancake » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Crikey, that was a thundering disappointment. Very tight at the top, potential for a great season after all!

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Huddersfield and Cardiff up next for Liverpool, losing only once in past 4 games was a good thing.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:17 am

Benzin wrote:Mahrez :lol:


Whenever I thought of him before I thought of *that* goal against City...



And now he's given us something else to remember him by. What a guy. :wub: :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by BORbles » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:06 am

Mbappe has scored four goals in thirteen minutes. Only age of 19. Jeez.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by Preezy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am

BOR wrote:Mbappe has scored four goals in thirteen minutes. Only age of 19. Jeez.

Mickey Mouse league though, BOR. Could he do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke? Doubt it.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by Dowbocop » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 am

5-1 away win, goal of the season contender, above the squatters, two points off the top, and now the Adidas kit deal is confirmed. Good 24 hours!

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by darksideby182 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 am

Dowbocop wrote:5-1 away win, goal of the season contender, above the squatters, two points off the top, and now the Adidas kit deal is confirmed. Good 24 hours!

Hopefully they do the 1991 away kit again. :wub:

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by Harry Ellis » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am

Dowbocop wrote:5-1 away win, goal of the season contender, above the squatters, two points off the top, and now the Adidas kit deal is confirmed. Good 24 hours!

And a 0% chance of winning the league! :toot:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by Dowbocop » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:5-1 away win, goal of the season contender, above the squatters, two points off the top, and now the Adidas kit deal is confirmed. Good 24 hours!

And a 0% chance of winning the league! :toot:

Did I say anything about that?

BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by BORbles » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Preezy wrote:
BOR wrote:Mbappe has scored four goals in thirteen minutes. Only age of 19. Jeez.

Mickey Mouse league though, BOR. Could he do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke? Doubt it.

Mickey Mouse League. :lol:

Yeah, of course, he might find difficult on a Cold Tuesday night at Stoke. To think, who has done the performance as Mbappe at the age of 19? It has been a while since methinks. He needs to move to a different league to proof it.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by PsychicSykes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Dowbocop wrote:We're supposed to be gooseberry fool, how are we two points off the top?

Most seasons have a team that outperforms their level early on.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by Dowbocop » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:23 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:We're supposed to be gooseberry fool, how are we two points off the top?

Most seasons have a team that outperforms their level early on.

After years of predictability under Wenger it's easy to think certain things about Arsenal, but with a new manager and big changes to the squad I'm not sure you can really give us a "level" at the moment.

After eight games last year we had five fewer points from a similar group of opponents. I'm not sure where that left us in the league but I'm sure we were well off the pace. I don't think we've got enough to go to toe with City, Chelsea and Liverpool this year, but after years of the season being over before it starts I'm quite pleasantly surprised at the shape of things right now. You can obviously point to all the games we've won being "winnable" games, but we weren't winning them last year!

Football hasn't really been enjoyable for the past eighteen months so it's nice to have a bit of optimism for once.

pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - International Break zzzzz
by pjbetman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:36 pm

BOR wrote:
Preezy wrote:
BOR wrote:Mbappe has scored four goals in thirteen minutes. Only age of 19. Jeez.

Mickey Mouse league though, BOR. Could he do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke? Doubt it.

Mickey Mouse League. :lol:

Yeah, of course, he might find difficult on a Cold Tuesday night at Stoke. To think, who has done the performance as Mbappe at the age of 19? It has been a while since methinks. He needs to move to a different league to proof it.



Did Robbie fowler score 4 or 5 in his second game (against Fulham in the cup I think)? Think he was 17 ish

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Matchday 8 - United beat United
by PsychicSykes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:We're supposed to be gooseberry fool, how are we two points off the top?

Most seasons have a team that outperforms their level early on.

After years of predictability under Wenger it's easy to think certain things about Arsenal, but with a new manager and big changes to the squad I'm not sure you can really give us a "level" at the moment.

After eight games last year we had five fewer points from a similar group of opponents. I'm not sure where that left us in the league but I'm sure we were well off the pace. I don't think we've got enough to go to toe with City, Chelsea and Liverpool this year, but after years of the season being over before it starts I'm quite pleasantly surprised at the shape of things right now. You can obviously point to all the games we've won being "winnable" games, but we weren't winning them last year!

Football hasn't really been enjoyable for the past eighteen months so it's nice to have a bit of optimism for once.

That's fair enough. I don't think the current rate which Arsenal are converting chances is sustainable and there are still questions to be answered over how good the team is defensively, but I can see why you're optimistic. I hope Emery does well as the league could do with more quality in it.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Let the International Boredom Commence!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 pm

And we wonder why people think football fans are thick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45786472

:lol:

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Let the International Boredom Commence!
by Benzin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 pm

To be fair, it says that the announcement that it would be played behind closed doors was a week after the draw, when presumably most people would've gone straight into buy flights and hotels before they had chance to raise the prices...

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Let the International Boredom Commence!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Benzin wrote:To be fair, it says that the announcement that it would be played behind closed doors was a week after the draw, when presumably most people would've gone straight into buy flights and hotels before they had chance to raise the prices...


The Leeds fan, however, is determined to go now - pointing out that he made it to Israel for a Euro 2008 qualifier in the face of safety warnings.

He said: "I am not going to be told not to travel. When we went to Israel in 2007, they told us not to travel because there was a war going on. I was like: Well that doesn't matter - they are not going to bomb me, are they?"

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Let the International Boredom Commence!
by Tomous » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Moggy wrote:
Benzin wrote:To be fair, it says that the announcement that it would be played behind closed doors was a week after the draw, when presumably most people would've gone straight into buy flights and hotels before they had chance to raise the prices...


The Leeds fan, however, is determined to go now - pointing out that he made it to Israel for a Euro 2008 qualifier in the face of safety warnings.

He said: "I am not going to be told not to travel. When we went to Israel in 2007, they told us not to travel because there was a war going on. I was like: Well that doesn't matter - they are not going to bomb me, are they?"


Well to be fair, he was right-they didn't bomb him....


Return to “Stuff”