The Game Awards 2018 - watch the whole show on YouTube!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Rudolphin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 am

So, instead of maybe recognising that Far Cry 5 had one of the worst, most cowardly, most insultingly incompetent stories in AAA gaming...they're doubling down on it?

Urgh that trailer was hot strawberry floating trash.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Mafro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

Saint of Killers wrote:So, going by the news section on EuroGamer, there were very few interesting reveals/announcements?

Nah it was pretty average overall. All the big announcements were stuff we already knew were coming (Far Cry, Mortal Kombat, Crash) and the rest was just indie games.

I notice no one cares about the award winners which tells you all you need to know about the show :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Rax » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am

They really should move it to awards season, it just gets ignored by mainstream press at this time of year. At least if it was on around the same time as the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys etc then it would be treated as another awards show and get some coverage that way. It might also help legitamise it as the award to win.

User avatar
Knoëleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Knoëleo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:So, going by the news section on EuroGamer, there were very few interesting reveals/announcements?

Nah it was pretty average overall. All the big announcements were stuff we already knew were coming (Far Cry, Mortal Kombat, Crash) and the rest was just indie games.

I notice no one cares about the award winners which tells you all you need to know about the show :lol:

But the awards were so accessible and relevant...


User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Eat it Harvey » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 am

Knoëleo wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:So, going by the news section on EuroGamer, there were very few interesting reveals/announcements?

Nah it was pretty average overall. All the big announcements were stuff we already knew were coming (Far Cry, Mortal Kombat, Crash) and the rest was just indie games.

I notice no one cares about the award winners which tells you all you need to know about the show :lol:

But the awards were so accessible and relevant...



Yeah they should take the eSports and streaming stuff out of it.

If eSports want awards they can do their own show.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 am

Jeez I fell asleep, did Fallout 76 win?

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Rudolphin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:05 am

Worth mentioning: SonicFox won eSports player of the year and said this while accepting:





Guy's a strawberry floating legend.

Also this, for people who missed it earlier in the year:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/15/sonicf ... -opponent/

Dominique “SonicFox” McLean was crowned champion in the Injustice 2 Pro Series this week, and he’s donating a large portion of his winnings to fellow eSports professional Curtis “Rewind” McCall.

SonicFox walked away the winner of the Injustice 2 Pro Series Grand Finals in Chicago, Illinois this week along with the $40,000 Grand Prize.

So, what does he plan to do with such a large paycheck? Donate $10,000 of it to the family of Rewind, who finished second place.

“I don’t do this for the money,” SonicFox said in a post-win interview (via Kotaku). “[Rewind] is one of my good friends, one of my training partners, and I’m so very happy to have shared the stage with him.”

Rewind’s father has stage 3 cancer and he went into surgery a day before the Injustice 2 EVO 2018 champ left for the Injustice 2 Pro Series.

That’s a wonderful thing SonicFox is doing, and we wish Rewind’s father a speedy recovery.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Mafro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:14 am

Eat it Harvey wrote:
Knoëleo wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:So, going by the news section on EuroGamer, there were very few interesting reveals/announcements?

Nah it was pretty average overall. All the big announcements were stuff we already knew were coming (Far Cry, Mortal Kombat, Crash) and the rest was just indie games.

I notice no one cares about the award winners which tells you all you need to know about the show :lol:

But the awards were so accessible and relevant...



Yeah they should take the eSports and streaming stuff out of it.

If eSports want awards they can do their own show.

They relegated virtually all the eSports awards to a one minute section on the pre-show where Geoff just quickly rattled through them all.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:14 am

I'm not into eSports, nor am I a avid follower of content creators, but I say let these respective elements of gaming have their spotlight on the night. Inclusivity and all that. They get awards, we get new announcements. Everyone's a winner.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

Mafro wrote:They relegated virtually all the eSports awards to a one minute section on the pre-show where Geoff just quickly rattled through them all.


:lol: Why even bother?! The Technical (?) Oscars of gaming :lol: Actually, if anything, they're worse; tech Oscars have their own dedicated show. (Yes, I know eSports have their own eSports industry awards.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Mafro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:20 am

The whole thing is just a three hour show of trailers and advets masquerading as an awards show. It'll never be taken seriously by the masses in its current form but this is the way it's always going to be since that's how the industry works.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

Oh yeah, I get that. I know that's how it is with me. (I'm not interested in the awards *at all*; I'm pleased the devs get a spotlight for all their graft but I'm just in it for new announcements.) I just thought that Geoff of all people would show eSports a bit more respect given he bothered to include them at all.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Garth of Christmas Future » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

Mafro wrote:The whole thing is just a three hour show of trailers and advets masquerading as an awards show. It'll never be taken seriously by the masses in its current form but this is the way it's always going to be since that's how the industry works.

The Best Sports/Racing Game award was one of the more blatant instances, with Ed Boon supposedly introducing the nominees but "accidentally" cutting to a trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 first instead, and then Aaron Greenberg using the acceptance speech on behalf of the Forza Horizon 4 team to promote DLC and Game Pass :lol:

User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:59 am

:oops: I didn't quite get the gist Maf's post. Apologies. And yes, that all sounds hilariously blatant.

Was it really 3 hours long?! :lol: :dread:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Mafro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Garth of Christmas Future wrote:
Mafro wrote:The whole thing is just a three hour show of trailers and advets masquerading as an awards show. It'll never be taken seriously by the masses in its current form but this is the way it's always going to be since that's how the industry works.

The Best Sports/Racing Game award was one of the more blatant instances, with Ed Boon supposedly introducing the nominees but "accidentally" cutting to an announcement trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 first instead, and then Aaron Greenberg using the acceptance speech on behalf of the Forza Horizon 4 team as basically an ad for DLC and Game Pass :lol:

When they stopped the announcement of whatever award Ninja and Pepe the Muppet were presenting to take another selfie as a joke :fp:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by The Watching Artist » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Monkey Man wrote:The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe coming to consoles with new stuff.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Is the actual game as entertaining as the trailer?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Hexx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Don't Google anything

The game is chuffing amazing.

User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Nah, I wouldn't do that :lol: Will check it out when it hits PS4. (I have heard of the game but assumed it was just another walking sim, that and it was only on PC, which I rarely game on now, and so avoided it.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Game Awards 2018 - watch TONIGHT 1.30am
by Mafro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm

It looks like a game made for the Rock, Paper, Shotgun audience.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Bing [Bot], Christmas.Past, darksideby182, Google [Bot], OldSoulCyborg, Ploiper, Rudolphin, SerialCeler, Starquake, suzzopher, TonyDA and 55 guests