Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival Thread - MHTL Saw Conor Oberst!
by Frank » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:22 am

Tragic Magic wrote:I'd love to see them so much but that's the eve of my wedding. :fp:


Poets of the Fall wrote:ULTRAVIOLET: OCTOBER 2018

Our 8th studio album “Ultraviolet” will be released in October 2018, with the tour kicking off right after! Tickets for the UK and Germany shows are available at http://poetsofthefall.com/tour

Listen to the first single “False Kings” at http://smarturl.it/POTF.FalseKings

ULTRAVIOLET TOUR 2018

10.10. UK, Bristol, Thekla
11.10. UK, London, O2 Academy Islington
12.10. Scotland, Glasgow, Garage
13.10. UK, Nottingham, Rock City
14.10. UK, Manchester, Club Academy


Will be going to the Nottingham show :wub: Poets of the Fall and the Cat Cafe sounds like a good way to spend a few days. Disappointed they're not coming to Birmingham, but most of the venues in town are live nation venues and I'm trying to avoid supporting them in protest of their strawberry floating mental booking fees.

Image
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Tragic Magic » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 pm

I'll never go to Rock City again after last year's Halloween incident with the absolute scum they hire as bouncers. Does mean I still won't be seeing PotF but it really isn't a venue I want to go to ever again.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Frank » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 pm

I think I remember the halloween incident. Didn't realise it was there, though :dread:

Image
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Wrathy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am

Bought tickets for a couple of gigs recently: Machine Head here in Southampton and Volbeat back home in Belfast. Haven’t seen Machine Head since 2014 and they’ve always put on a good show despite some absolutely atrocious songs, so looking forward to that, but Volbeat are the real highlight. 5 years since I lost saw them and they’ve put out a pretty great new record in the meantime, so along with a rare UK headlining set and being in ireland it’s bound to be an absolute cracker. (:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:52 pm

You think? I’ve had the misfortune of seeing MH at four gigs/festivals and I’ve found them to be atrocious every time. I don’t know how much of that is bias though as Robb Flynn is such a cock.

Image Image
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Wrathy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Yeah. I like the music a lot more than I like the lyrics (the kindest phrasing would perhaps be that he writes from the heart) and their own shows are 3 hours long, so you get plenty of value from it. They were gooseberry fool at Download 2012, very muddy sound and no atmosphere at all, but in an arena or an academy where the whole crowd is there for them it’s significantly more enjoyable.

Also if he does something to piss me off I’ll drive to Swansea to play cards instead, so at least I’ve got options.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 am

I’m trying to remember the times I’ve seen them

Supporting Metallica at Wembley in ‘08
Supporting Slipknot at SECC in ‘08
Sonisphere ‘08
Supporting Metallica on the World Magnetic Tour in ‘09

I guess they’ll be better in a headline slot.

Image Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by KingK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 am

Wrathy wrote:Bought tickets for a couple of gigs recently: Machine Head here in Southampton and Volbeat back home in Belfast. Haven’t seen Machine Head since 2014 and they’ve always put on a good show despite some absolutely atrocious songs, so looking forward to that, but Volbeat are the real highlight. 5 years since I lost saw them and they’ve put out a pretty great new record in the meantime, so along with a rare UK headlining set and being in ireland it’s bound to be an absolute cracker. (:

Love Volbeat. Seen them twice, once at Manchester O2 Academy on their last UK headline tour in 2014 and then at Birmingham Genting Arena when they supported Alter Bridge together with Gojira and Like A Storm. That was also my 8 yr old son’s first gig!

Volbeat were brilliant on both occasions and I can’t wait to see them again. Love all their albums.

Enjoy the Belfast gig. Too much hassle for me to get over there to see them

Image
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Wrathy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 pm

KingK wrote:
Wrathy wrote:Bought tickets for a couple of gigs recently: Machine Head here in Southampton and Volbeat back home in Belfast. Haven’t seen Machine Head since 2014 and they’ve always put on a good show despite some absolutely atrocious songs, so looking forward to that, but Volbeat are the real highlight. 5 years since I lost saw them and they’ve put out a pretty great new record in the meantime, so along with a rare UK headlining set and being in ireland it’s bound to be an absolute cracker. (:

Love Volbeat. Seen them twice, once at Manchester O2 Academy on their last UK headline tour in 2014 and then at Birmingham Genting Arena when they supported Alter Bridge together with Gojira and Like A Storm. That was also my 8 yr old son’s first gig!

Volbeat were brilliant on both occasions and I can’t wait to see them again. Love all their albums.

Enjoy the Belfast gig. Too much hassle for me to get over there to see them


Lol it's still a bunch of hassle for me - gotta go to the airport and have my mum drive 70 mins each way to pick me up. Worth it though! :D They must be due their own UK run at some point soon - I never really understood why they're so huge on the continent but need to be 2nd to other bands here tbh.

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by KingK » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:42 am

Just seen The Rolling Stones tonight in Coventry for the first time. Wow, tremendous gig. Mick is so spritely on stage. Fit as a butchers dog. Top showman too. Oozes charisma.

One of my all time top 3 gigs I’ve been to in 30yrs of concert going. One of the loudest too (and that includes me seeing Metallica, GnR, Volbeat, Maiden, Alter Bridge and Gojira previously). My ears are still ringing.

Having seen Bryan Adams just last week too, my summer of big name concerts continues in 3 weeks as I’m off to see the Foos at London Olympic Stadium with my best mate. U2 and Def Leppard later this year will round off a great year of gigs

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:48 am

The National at Victoria Park, along with Future Islands and War on Drugs.

Excellent, excellent, excellent gig. One of the best I’ve been to. :wub:

Image Image
User avatar
Miguel007
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Miguel007 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:04 pm

KingK wrote:Just seen The Rolling Stones tonight in Coventry for the first time. Wow, tremendous gig. Mick is so spritely on stage. Fit as a butchers dog. Top showman too. Oozes charisma.

One of my all time top 3 gigs I’ve been to in 30yrs of concert going. One of the loudest too (and that includes me seeing Metallica, GnR, Volbeat, Maiden, Alter Bridge and Gojira previously). My ears are still ringing.

Having seen Bryan Adams just last week too, my summer of big name concerts continues in 3 weeks as I’m off to see the Foos at London Olympic Stadium with my best mate. U2 and Def Leppard later this year will round off a great year of gigs


Your post has just got me more psyched! Glad you had a great time. I’m going to see the Stones for the first time in Edinburgh [Saturday], thought I better, doubt they will tour again after this?! I just hope no one dies or gets an injury before Saturday :D

I was at Bryan Adams in Newcastle the other night, what a machine 27 songs and no breaks, his band went off he just did acoustic songs on his own!

James Bay on Tuesday, Rolling Stones Saturday, Beyoncé and Jay-Z 15th, Sheryl Crow 21st, Lenny Kravitz 22nd, Katy Perry 25th and Eminem early July. Bring it on!

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by KingK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 am

You'll have a great time watching the Stones. We were sat right at the VERY back (literally 2 rows from the back) of the Ricoh Arena's 30k stadium and still rocked out. Their use of giant screens is brilliant too.

Enjoy!

(We had the same worry re one of them dying too!)

Image
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Yoshimi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:03 pm

I've got some good nights coming up.

St Vincent in Edinburgh, in August.
Clairo in Manchester, in September.
First Aid Kit in Edinburgh, in October.
Also taking my daughter to see BTS (K-Pop group) in Amsterdam in October.

User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by floydfreak » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 pm

I will be seeing Roger Waters next Friday at Hyde Park

Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Frank » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 am

Chvrches have finally announced a UK tour for the new album :wub: Playing Birmingham in the 9th of February. I'm THERE.

Image

Return to “Stuff”