The Grand Tour

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Grand Tour
by Death's Head » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:So only comment if you like it? Another repetitive joke "some poo came out". Only been used in almost every TG episode.

I've just watched the first episode now and it was OK, but clearly not worth what it cost.


Of course people should comment if they didn't like it. What's tiresome is when people moan about the content and humour, despite them doing that for the last 14 years.

If you don't like "some poo came out" jokes, why are you watching? It's like watching Planet Earth II and moaning that Attenborough is showing footage of animals, what did you expect?

So you like the same jokes continually? My hope is that someone gets a new joke book for Christmas.


So you keep watching a show that keeps making jokes that bore you?

The 2 seconds it takes for Clarkson or Hammond to say "arghh some poo came out" doesn't bother me, no.

I don't keep watching it, I dip in and out.

Yes?
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: The Grand Tour
by degoose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:So only comment if you like it? Another repetitive joke "some poo came out". Only been used in almost every TG episode.

I've just watched the first episode now and it was OK, but clearly not worth what it cost.


Of course people should comment if they didn't like it. What's tiresome is when people moan about the content and humour, despite them doing that for the last 14 years.

If you don't like "some poo came out" jokes, why are you watching? It's like watching Planet Earth II and moaning that Attenborough is showing footage of animals, what did you expect?

So you like the same jokes continually? My hope is that someone gets a new joke book for Christmas.


So you keep watching a show that keeps making jokes that bore you?

The 2 seconds it takes for Clarkson or Hammond to say "arghh some poo came out" doesn't bother me, no.

Moggy don't you know people love to moan on here just for the sake of it. For some reason there are many people that hate a show or dislike it but will watch every single episode just to say 'I told you it was rubbish' . It's a weird thing,usually if I think something is boring or crap I just stop watching it.

Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: RE: Re: The Grand Tour
by Moggy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:02 pm

degoose wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:So only comment if you like it? Another repetitive joke "some poo came out". Only been used in almost every TG episode.

I've just watched the first episode now and it was OK, but clearly not worth what it cost.


Of course people should comment if they didn't like it. What's tiresome is when people moan about the content and humour, despite them doing that for the last 14 years.

If you don't like "some poo came out" jokes, why are you watching? It's like watching Planet Earth II and moaning that Attenborough is showing footage of animals, what did you expect?

So you like the same jokes continually? My hope is that someone gets a new joke book for Christmas.


So you keep watching a show that keeps making jokes that bore you?

The 2 seconds it takes for Clarkson or Hammond to say "arghh some poo came out" doesn't bother me, no.

Moggy don't you know people love to moan on here just for the sake of it. For some reason there are many people that hate a show or dislike it but will watch every single episode just to say 'I told you it was rubbish' . It's a weird thing,usually if I think something is boring or crap I just stop watching it.


Oh I know that, I just like moaning at the moaners. ;)

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: The Grand Tour
by Errkal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Moggy wrote:
degoose wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Death's Head wrote:So only comment if you like it? Another repetitive joke "some poo came out". Only been used in almost every TG episode.

I've just watched the first episode now and it was OK, but clearly not worth what it cost.


Of course people should comment if they didn't like it. What's tiresome is when people moan about the content and humour, despite them doing that for the last 14 years.

If you don't like "some poo came out" jokes, why are you watching? It's like watching Planet Earth II and moaning that Attenborough is showing footage of animals, what did you expect?

So you like the same jokes continually? My hope is that someone gets a new joke book for Christmas.


So you keep watching a show that keeps making jokes that bore you?

The 2 seconds it takes for Clarkson or Hammond to say "arghh some poo came out" doesn't bother me, no.

Moggy don't you know people love to moan on here just for the sake of it. For some reason there are many people that hate a show or dislike it but will watch every single episode just to say 'I told you it was rubbish' . It's a weird thing,usually if I think something is boring or crap I just stop watching it.


Oh I know that, I just like moaning at the moaners. ;)


Bloody moaning at moaners, let them moan you don't need to moan.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Hime » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Errkal wrote:I don't think they pretend it isn't scripted at all, what are they meant to do go omg look at that roll we made happen, is funny because it looks like it happens even if you know it is scripted.

Just cheer up stop moaning and enjoy the show for what it is which is a laugh.

strawberry float sakes it is the Top Gear bullshit all over again.

If you don't like them doing funny things because they dare script funny stuff don't watch it, if you watch it then accept it is scripted and just enjoy the entertainment.

Apart from the bits that they feign shock or hilarity at ludicrous situations? You're acting like this is presented as a sitcom which isn't the case at all.

The bits where they show new cars and have Clarkson saying things like "I think this might be the best car in the world.....until I drove this are really good.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Errkal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:I don't think they pretend it isn't scripted at all, what are they meant to do go omg look at that roll we made happen, is funny because it looks like it happens even if you know it is scripted.

Just cheer up stop moaning and enjoy the show for what it is which is a laugh.

strawberry float sakes it is the Top Gear bullshit all over again.

If you don't like them doing funny things because they dare script funny stuff don't watch it, if you watch it then accept it is scripted and just enjoy the entertainment.

Apart from the bits that they feign shock or hilarity at ludicrous situations? You're acting like this is presented as a sitcom which isn't the case at all.

The bits where they show new cars and have Clarkson saying things like "I think this might be the best car in the world.....until I drove this are really good.


If they did a scripted stupid thing and didn't react it wouldn't be a show or entertainment would it. It's like those actors in films that run from explosion as if they are real and pretend to die when shot even though they aren't really shot.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Hime » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Errkal wrote:
Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:I don't think they pretend it isn't scripted at all, what are they meant to do go omg look at that roll we made happen, is funny because it looks like it happens even if you know it is scripted.

Just cheer up stop moaning and enjoy the show for what it is which is a laugh.

strawberry float sakes it is the Top Gear bullshit all over again.

If you don't like them doing funny things because they dare script funny stuff don't watch it, if you watch it then accept it is scripted and just enjoy the entertainment.

Apart from the bits that they feign shock or hilarity at ludicrous situations? You're acting like this is presented as a sitcom which isn't the case at all.

The bits where they show new cars and have Clarkson saying things like "I think this might be the best car in the world.....until I drove this are really good.


If they did a scripted stupid thing and didn't react it wouldn't be a show or entertainment would it. It's like those actors in films that run from explosion as if they are real and pretend to due when shot even though they aren't really shot.

If those films were portraying themselves as documentaries they would be equally silly.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Errkal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:I don't think they pretend it isn't scripted at all, what are they meant to do go omg look at that roll we made happen, is funny because it looks like it happens even if you know it is scripted.

Just cheer up stop moaning and enjoy the show for what it is which is a laugh.

strawberry float sakes it is the Top Gear bullshit all over again.

If you don't like them doing funny things because they dare script funny stuff don't watch it, if you watch it then accept it is scripted and just enjoy the entertainment.

Apart from the bits that they feign shock or hilarity at ludicrous situations? You're acting like this is presented as a sitcom which isn't the case at all.

The bits where they show new cars and have Clarkson saying things like "I think this might be the best car in the world.....until I drove this are really good.


If they did a scripted stupid thing and didn't react it wouldn't be a show or entertainment would it. It's like those actors in films that run from explosion as if they are real and pretend to due when shot even though they aren't really shot.

If those films were portraying themselves as documentaries they would be equally silly.


They always classified Top Gear as an entertainment show

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Hime » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:56 pm

So that means everything is scripted? Were the track times all scripted too?

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Errkal » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Yes that's exactly what I meant. strawberry float sakes dude.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Hime » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Errkal wrote:Yes that's exactly what I meant. strawberry float sakes dude.

Mate, you're acting like the show is presented to people as The Big Bang Theory in cars.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:Yes that's exactly what I meant. strawberry float sakes dude.

Mate, you're acting like the show is presented to people as The Big Bang Theory in cars.


And you're acting like it's presented as Planet Earth in cars.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Just seen it, really enjoyed it. Enjoyed the celeb bit thought it was funny. Not a fan of the NASCAR driver though, I assume he's on every week, if so I hope he stops talking.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Death's Head » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Yeah, I don't like the choice of driver either, but it is probably to appeal to the US audience.

Yes?
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Hime » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:03 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:Yes that's exactly what I meant. strawberry float sakes dude.

Mate, you're acting like the show is presented to people as The Big Bang Theory in cars.


And you're acting like it's presented as Planet Earth in cars.

:? No I'm not.

Image
User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Pancake » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Well I liked it, more of the same. If you like old Top Gear you'll like this. Some scripted jokes fall flat as always but consistently entertaining!

User avatar
Shadow
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by Shadow » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:35 pm

I really enjoyed it. Their final season of Top Gear seemed to have been on an upward trend in terms of quality and I think this has continued it.

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by TigaSefi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Properly great first show!

Image
1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by KK » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:59 am

I watched this last night in 4K HDR - that opening was one of the best things ever. Felt like 10 million went up in smoke just filming that alone. :lol:

Image
AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Grand Tour
by AndyXL » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:07 pm

I saw the first half, and then stopped.

So boring. Just a bunch of overweight middle-aged, ugly men being idiots.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: floydfreak, Tineash and 66 guests