Page 245 of 246

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:35 pm
by Ad7
I've 'finished' this before and not encountered these medals. Is it things like killing the big trolls and rock guys? If so I hope the ones I've got already count as I've killed a few now.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 pm
by Jenuall
Yeah I've not heard of these boss medals either!

The thing that would annoy me with the Korok hunt is that the icons don't appear until the final zoom on the map - makes it hard to quickly spot which areas you haven't found many in yet.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm
by the eponymous bollock
You get rewarded by Kilton for hunting down and killing all the overworld bosses in the game. Moldugas, Hinox, Talos. It tracks your progress so you won’t have to re-kill ones you’ve already beaten but remembering which you have and haven’t is a pain.

You need a guide to get all 900 Koroks so them not showing up on the map clearly isn’t a huge issue

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 pm
by Jenuall
the eponymous bollock wrote:You need a guide to get all 900 Koroks so them not showing up on the map clearly isn’t a huge issue


:?:

Surely needing a guide to do something means there is a problem?

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 pm
by jawafour
Whilst on the way to Kakariko Village, I've met Hestu and he shook his maracas for me :toot: .

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm
by the eponymous bollock
Jenuall wrote:
the eponymous bollock wrote:You need a guide to get all 900 Koroks so them not showing up on the map clearly isn’t a huge issue


:?:

Surely needing a guide to do something means there is a problem?



:lol:
There should be a comma after ‘clearly’.

It sounds unintentionally agro as is.
:capnscotty:

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:06 pm
by Hyperion
jawafour wrote:I forgot to mention that I upped my health to four stars in The Temple of Time


jawafour wrote:I forgot to mention that I upped my health to four stars


jawafour wrote:I upped my health to four stars



jawafour wrote:four stars


jawafour wrote:stars


jawafour wrote:stars

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 pm
by jawafour
Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:stars

Oops! :lol: :oops: . I meant...
Image

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm
by Robbo-92
Pokémon Stars confirmed?

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:13 pm
by Hyperion
jawafour wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:stars

Oops! :lol: :oops: . I meant...
I'm not actually playing the game


:x
Jawa's fraud revealed

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
by jawafour
Hyperion wrote:
jawa's not actually playing the game

But I'm posting vids, commentary and *everything* :lol: .

I'm in Kakariko Village and I've just visited the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine where I've learnt some of the fighting moves. Man, I'm never gonna remember all of them!

Edit: Whenever I'm in a shrine, when I reach the endpoint I always search around the shrine-person's throne area before speaking to them. I haven't found anything yet... would there be any value in this search for the remainder of the game?

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 pm
by Errkal
jawafour wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
jawa's not actually playing the game

But I'm posting vids, commentary and *everything* :lol: .

I'm in Kakariko Village and I've just visited the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine where I've learnt some of the fighting moves. Man, I'm never gonna remember all of them!

Edit: Whenever I'm in a shrine, when I reach the endpoint I always search around the shrine-person's throne area before speaking to them. I haven't found anything yet... would there be any value in this search for the remainder of the game?


There can be stuff throughout the whole shrine on side bits of whatever.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 pm
by jawafour
Errkal wrote:There can be stuff throughout the whole shrine on side bits of whatever.

Okay, thanks dude - I'll carry on looking around whilst in the shrines. Having followed the story to Kakariko Village I know where I have to go next, but first I'm just gonna have a wander and see what else is around here. It's a game where it's a delight just to walk around and spot things :-).

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:38 pm
by Errkal
jawafour wrote:
Errkal wrote:There can be stuff throughout the whole shrine on side bits of whatever.

Okay, thanks dude - I'll carry on looking around whilst in the shrines. Having followed the story to Kakariko Village I know where I have to go next, but first I'm just gonna have a wander and see what else is around here. It's a game where it's a delight just to walk around and spot things :-).


Is the first grown where you find out about the memories? There is a very interesting thing there to be found.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:53 pm
by Gemini73
In before the lock... :slol:

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 pm
by Jenuall
jawafour wrote:
Errkal wrote:There can be stuff throughout the whole shrine on side bits of whatever.

Okay, thanks dude - I'll carry on looking around whilst in the shrines. Having followed the story to Kakariko Village I know where I have to go next, but first I'm just gonna have a wander and see what else is around here. It's a game where it's a delight just to walk around and spot things :-).


I think the shrines gets marked with an icon on the map once you've found all the treasure chests it contains?

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am
by Drumstick
I have finally made it to the third area on the map and it's strawberry floating massive. I am one of those loons that insists on fully exploring an entire area before moving on, this area is going to take several sessions :dread:

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:35 am
by Karl
Drumstick wrote:I have finally made it to the third area on the map and it's strawberry floating massive. I am one of those loons that insists on fully exploring an entire area before moving on, this area is going to take several sessions :dread:

That's how I played the game. While it does slow down the pacing of the story a bit, I found it just really thoroughly rewarding. What I found to be a good strategy is using a given area's tower as a kind of fast-travel base to explore outwards from.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:35 am
by Green Gecko
jawafour wrote:I've reached a stable and met Beedle! I remember him from Skyward Sword!

Wrong, you remember him from Wind Waker.

Drummy what do you discover as the 3rd area?

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 am
by Drumstick
Green Gecko wrote:
jawafour wrote:I've reached a stable and met Beedle! I remember him from Skyward Sword!

Wrong, you remember him from Wind Waker.

Drummy what do you discover as the 3rd area?

It's the place Impa tells you to go to, you know, the old lady.