The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Our best bits.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by NickSCFC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Rudolphin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Riksilver wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Didn't know where else to put this, but Edith Finch just won BAFTA game of the year, beating BOTW.

Livid.

Never even heard of it.


It's a good, 8/10 game with a lovely narrative but lacklustre gameplay. Everyone seems to think it's the dog's tits but I forgot about it pretty quickly after finishing.

BOTW on the other hand is GOTG level stuff.

As I say, livid. Literally sitting here mashing my teeth and rhythmicly pounding pillows.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


He talks to you again when you climb down from the tower after raising it up.

User avatar
Rob-Ho-Ho-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Rob-Ho-Ho-92 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Sounds like you haven't even raised the Great Plateau tower yet, should be a glowing orange dot on your mini map to point you in the general location. Edit, I'm sure the dot appears once you've spoken to the old man for the first time.

Never heard of Edith Finch, either it's a superb game to beat BOTW or they're just trying to be a little out there awarding it GOTY.

Image

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Karl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:rhythmicly pounding pillows.

Pervert.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by NickSCFC » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am

Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:59 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am

My missus has to go to a sales trade show thingy tomorrow and is bringing my daughter, I'm gonna have 3 hours to kill in a pub tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to playing my Switch a lot, played Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle till 1:30am last night. :fp:

It's starting to get really hard. I'll probably try a few shrines in Zelda, how is the battery life in terms of using the controller detached? I'm hoping to find a corner with a plug either way.

Last edited by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by NickSCFC » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:20 am

Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.


I've not bought a Zelda game since Wind Waker on Gamecube, the reviews said that the game had voice acting... um...

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:22 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.


I've not bought a Zelda game since Wind Waker on Gamecube, the reviews said that the game had voice acting... um...

It does, kinda, major moments in game are fully voiced then when cuts back to game it's text, oddly sometimes even then they NPC's will 'speak' the first line and not the rest.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Tomous » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am

Photek wrote:My missus has to go to a sales trade show thingy tomorrow and is bringing my daughter, I'm gonna have 3 hours to kill in a pub tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to playing my Switch a lot, played Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle till 1:30am last night. :fp:

It's starting to get really hard. I'll probably try a few shrines in Zelda, how is the battery life in terms of using the controller detached? I'm hoping to find a corner with a plug either way.


Are you going back and doing the challenges/100%-ing the levels on Mario x Rabbids. If you’re not, and finding story getting too difficult, take a break and go back and do that. It’ll let you boost your team’s skills/buy better weapons and balance out the difficulty.

Battery isn’t great on Zelda in handheld. You’re looking at 2-3 hours, nearer 2 in my experience.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 am

Tomous wrote:
Photek wrote:My missus has to go to a sales trade show thingy tomorrow and is bringing my daughter, I'm gonna have 3 hours to kill in a pub tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to playing my Switch a lot, played Mario + Rabbids Kingdom battle till 1:30am last night. :fp:

It's starting to get really hard. I'll probably try a few shrines in Zelda, how is the battery life in terms of using the controller detached? I'm hoping to find a corner with a plug either way.


Are you going back and doing the challenges/100%-ing the levels on Mario x Rabbids. If you’re not, and finding story getting too difficult, take a break and go back and do that. It’ll let you boost your team’s skills/buy better weapons and balance out the difficulty.

Battery isn’t great on Zelda in handheld. You’re looking at 2-3 hours, nearer 2 in my experience.

I'm definitely going back to explore the earlier worlds as there's ton of stuff I can't do/open yet, I think that's half the fun tbh.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Tomous » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 am

Yep, it’s a great game to 100% :wub:

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by NickSCFC » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am

Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.


I've not bought a Zelda game since Wind Waker on Gamecube, the reviews said that the game had voice acting... um...

It does, kinda, major moments in game are fully voiced then when cuts back to game it's text, oddly sometimes even then they NPC's will 'speak' the first line and not the rest.


I've been happy enough playing most games in handheld mode, but I think this kind of game would be more immersive if I were playing in docked.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.


I've not bought a Zelda game since Wind Waker on Gamecube, the reviews said that the game had voice acting... um...

It does, kinda, major moments in game are fully voiced then when cuts back to game it's text, oddly sometimes even then they NPC's will 'speak' the first line and not the rest.


I've been happy enough playing most games in handheld mode, but I think this kind of game would be more immersive if I were playing in docked.


I think for the start at least as you get a handle on things, then once into the main game you can go handheld for it. I played on the U and started off on the TV but once I got going I was able to play just on the the gamepad quite happily.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Errkal wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What exactly have you done so far? Have you talked to the old man?


The old guy sitting under the cliff edge by the fire? If so then yes.


It may even worth killing your save starting again and following what the game tells you. The first section is very much guided so you should be ok.


Yeah I was playing in handheld in a hotel and couldn't be bothered to read the dialog :fp:


haha yeah that'll do it.


I've not bought a Zelda game since Wind Waker on Gamecube, the reviews said that the game had voice acting... um...

It does, kinda, major moments in game are fully voiced then when cuts back to game it's text, oddly sometimes even then they NPC's will 'speak' the first line and not the rest.


I've been happy enough playing most games in handheld mode, but I think this kind of game would be more immersive if I were playing in docked.

Having played about 40hrs on Wii U on my TV, I don't mind it docked at all. The controls are a little bit fiddly when they are attached to the screen though.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Curls » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:11 pm

So has anyone been to the jungle area? There is a shrine beeping near the stable and i can't find it anywhere. There are cliffs and a waterfall nearby. But no luck, its definitely not behind the waterfall. Can anyone help?

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:22 pm


User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Curls » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 pm

the eponymous bollock wrote:https://zeldamaps.com/?game=BotW


Sorry i can't get access to stuff like that here. I'm on a work computer which blocks anything with the word 'game' in (but not this website weirdly) and the WIFI in my room isn't good enough to load them. But thanks for trying to help.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests