The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Our best bits.
the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 am

Also having difficulty with the (North spoiler) 4th Korok Riddle from the guy on the Deku tree, something about a fish?

AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by AndyXL » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am

I finally started playing this last night (for all of 20 mins).

Exiting the Shrine of Resurrection on to the Great Plateau for the first time surely must be one of the great gaming moments of all time :-)

I actually gasped out aloud!

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Unsurprisingly after 130 hours, I am now a strawberry floating brick gooseberry fool House and nothing comes close to harming me.

94 Shrines down about 150 Koroks.

I get the feeling that when I gear up to storm the Castle tomorrow night I'm just going to be an unstoppable wrecking machine. Vengence :nod:

It's an odd kind of difficulty. None of the bosses or mini bosses have come close to killing me for a long time (Molduga maybe, but only because I didn't know how to attack it). For, pretty much the whole game the only reason I've died has been a result of unexpectedly powerful Bokoblin / Moblin hits.

And going up against Guardians I guess, but they're basically my bitches now.

Last edited by the eponymous bollock on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Mafro » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:05 pm

The music when you're in the castle is so good.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Glowy69 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Ive opened 3 areas of the map :fp: I wanted to get this finished before my little lad arrives. Absolutely no chance :slol: Its a wonderful game, so relaxed, found 2 towns, done a few shrines, encountered some monsters that utterly battered me off a cliff.

I love it :wub:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
Shug5891
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Shug5891 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Mafro wrote:The music when you're in the castle is so good.

It really is, is that on the soundtrack? If so what is it called?

User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OldSoulCyborg » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm missing the rightmost memory in the middle row. Just the general area to search in is all I need, or a vague hint.

Flickr
Wii U: StainyGrimes
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Mafro » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:36 pm

OldSoulCyborg wrote:I'm missing the rightmost memory in the middle row. Just the general area to search in is all I need, or a vague hint.

West side of Hyrule Castle I think.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OldSoulCyborg » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Mafro wrote:
OldSoulCyborg wrote:I'm missing the rightmost memory in the middle row. Just the general area to search in is all I need, or a vague hint.

West side of Hyrule Castle I think.


Thanks, but that's way more specific than what I asked for. At least my initial hunch was correct, but it just didn't seem right when I went there looking for it.

Flickr
Wii U: StainyGrimes
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Had to cheese the Ishto So shrine. I knew what I did couldn't have been correct. Turns out you remove the laser which I didn't know you could do. So somehow I found a way 8-)

I read something that suggested the Bloodmoon might enhance cooking.

Currently trying to work out how to get into a shrine at Daval Peak. Think I know what I need to do....

Image
the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Does anyone have entries 3/8/31/33 in their compendium.

I'm about 90% There on creatures, 80% enemies, 60% weapons, 50% other

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:Think I know what I need to do....

Yes! Brilliant :datass:

Also did the desert labyrinth. Which was boring as strawberry float.

Up to 85 shrines and 306 Koroks

Image
User avatar
As Fat as Santa
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by As Fat as Santa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm

I've played for about 20 hours and have about 6 Koroks, how are people finding so many?

I hate collectables in games, i rarely find most of them.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Pedz wrote:I've played for about 20 hours and have about 6 Koroks, how are people finding so many?

I hate collectables in games, i rarely find most of them.


I think it's just TWA. I've found just shy of 150 (rechecked) and am closing in on 150 hours played.

User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by zXe » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Has anyone done that weird cube maze structure/shrine in akkala? I love how alien it appears, like something out of a sci fi film. There's quite a few treasures to be found there too. Love the music, felt like a dungeon from an older zelda game.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by HSH28 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:07 pm

the eponymous bollock wrote:
Pedz wrote:I've played for about 20 hours and have about 6 Koroks, how are people finding so many?

I hate collectables in games, i rarely find most of them.


I think it's just TWA. I've found just shy of 150 (rechecked) and am closing in on 150 hours played.


Maybe but people should be at more than 6 after 20 odd hours.

I'm at slightly over 100 after about 60 hours, they are literally all over the place, you just have to get into the mindset of where they might be and know what you are looking for. If you see anything out of place then its probably a Korok.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:33 pm

zXe wrote:Has anyone done that weird cube maze structure/shrine in akkala? I love how alien it appears, like something out of a sci fi film. There's quite a few treasures to be found there too. Love the music, felt like a dungeon from an older zelda game.

The labyrinth in the north? I just climbed to the top and ran over to the shrine. What sort of stuff was in it?
Pedz wrote:I've played for about 20 hours and have about 6 Koroks, how are people finding so many?

I hate collectables in games, i rarely find most of them.

You just need to be a little more curious about what is around you. I just keep my eye out and investigate. You can actually see a few clues on the map for some of them.

Image
User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OldSoulCyborg » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
zXe wrote:Has anyone done that weird cube maze structure/shrine in akkala? I love how alien it appears, like something out of a sci fi film. There's quite a few treasures to be found there too. Love the music, felt like a dungeon from an older zelda game.

The labyrinth in the north? I just climbed to the top and ran over to the shrine. What sort of stuff was in it?


Did you go down below the labyrinth after doing the shrine? I only ask because I almost missed that the hole that opened up lead to somewhere I hadn't been before.

Flickr
Wii U: StainyGrimes
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by zXe » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 pm

OldSoulCyborg wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
zXe wrote:Has anyone done that weird cube maze structure/shrine in akkala? I love how alien it appears, like something out of a sci fi film. There's quite a few treasures to be found there too. Love the music, felt like a dungeon from an older zelda game.

The labyrinth in the north? I just climbed to the top and ran over to the shrine. What sort of stuff was in it?


Did you go down below the labyrinth after doing the shrine? I only ask because I almost missed that the hole that opened up lead to somewhere I hadn't been before.


Yea I did, nearly was going to ignore it but wanted to know why wind was coming up. Then down below it's like holy gooseberry fool!

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 pm

zXe wrote:
OldSoulCyborg wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
zXe wrote:Has anyone done that weird cube maze structure/shrine in akkala? I love how alien it appears, like something out of a sci fi film. There's quite a few treasures to be found there too. Love the music, felt like a dungeon from an older zelda game.

The labyrinth in the north? I just climbed to the top and ran over to the shrine. What sort of stuff was in it?


Did you go down below the labyrinth after doing the shrine? I only ask because I almost missed that the hole that opened up lead to somewhere I hadn't been before.


Yea I did, nearly was going to ignore it but wanted to know why wind was coming up. Then down below it's like holy gooseberry fool!

Well I need to go back. I was disappointed. :slol:

Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests