The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by gamerforever » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Started the final dlc which seems like more of the same and i do feel a little tired of this game now - I didn’t expect myself to feel this way about it.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Green Gecko » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:Restarted this today, going to pay attention to what NPC's say and stuff and hopefully I won't get lost and stop playing as I don't know where to go.

Am also using a 3rd party pro controller so should be more comfortable as after using the Xbox one for a whole the game pad is just so frigging clunky!

I found there weren't many instances of poorly signposted or directed sequences - or just go and do random exploring. Where did you get lost?

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Errkal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Green Gecko wrote:
Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:Restarted this today, going to pay attention to what NPC's say and stuff and hopefully I won't get lost and stop playing as I don't know where to go.

Am also using a 3rd party pro controller so should be more comfortable as after using the Xbox one for a whole the game pad is just so frigging clunky!

I found there weren't many instances of poorly signposted or directed sequences - or just go and do random exploring. Where did you get lost?


I did 2 devine beasts then wasn't sure where to go and just got sort of bored randomly walking.

Part of my issue is I don't pay much attention to stuff people say and don't tend to remember stuff that was said way ago so get a bit not sure what to do now.

I think I was aimlessly walking in a desert when I stopped playing.

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:
Green Gecko wrote:
Christmas CrackErrkal wrote:Restarted this today, going to pay attention to what NPC's say and stuff and hopefully I won't get lost and stop playing as I don't know where to go.

Am also using a 3rd party pro controller so should be more comfortable as after using the Xbox one for a whole the game pad is just so frigging clunky!

I found there weren't many instances of poorly signposted or directed sequences - or just go and do random exploring. Where did you get lost?


I did 2 devine beasts then wasn't sure where to go and just got sort of bored randomly walking.

Part of my issue is I don't pay much attention to stuff people say and don't tend to remember stuff that was said way ago so get a bit not sure what to do now.

I think I was aimlessly walking in a desert when I stopped playing.


There’s big yellow dots telling you where to go.

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Daruk is life :wub:

KuKos though :dread:

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Errkal » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:45 am

strawberry floating shitty motion control twatted shrines!

What is Nintendos bloody obsession with motion crap!

User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Mafrozen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am

They must be a nightmare in handheld mode.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Errkal » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 am

I was on Wii u playing on gamepad it's basically I possible. So stupid to not let you use sticks if you want!

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Green Gecko » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Now you're playing with motion controls

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
kuliand
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by kuliand » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 pm

argh I need so many ancient cores to upgrade the ancient armour to lv3. Still I've managed to do a few modest test of strength trials now.

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Completed the DLC and back up to 100% :D

Overall not what I really wanted from story DLC but it’s chunky enough and has some quality questing and new outfits to make it well worthwhile. Clocked in around 20 hours with no fast travelling.

The Good
- A good size for your money
- The new background you get on the Champions is really nice
- New cutscenes are fantastic
- New outfits are excellent
- New dungeon is the best in the game and capped with a wonderful boss fight
- More Kass

The Bad
- Considering what they could have done storywise this is a little boring really
- No new environment or repaired settlement is a big minus
- Some repetitive challenges
- The way the bike is delivered is dumb, thought they’d make effort to separate it
- Have to say it again, really disappointed in no new environment.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm

strawberry floating Igneo Talus in the Champions Ballad is kicking my arse.

Image
the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:04 pm

The bike is slower than a 5 Speed Horse. Guess it must have something to do with how quick the game is able to load but it’s still a bit gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Mafrozen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:strawberry floating Igneo Talus in the Champions Ballad is kicking my arse.

Ice arrows.

the eponymous bollock wrote:The bike is slower than a 5 Speed Horse. Guess it must have something to do with how quick the game is able to load but it’s still a bit gooseberry fool.

Yeah I noticed this when I drove into Hyrule Castle and the game had to pause to load. First time I think I've seen that happen.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
Superfurryfox64
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Superfurryfox64 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:25 am

Weird I’m the same way, when this game first came out I was instantly hooked, loved every second of it right until the end but now... I can’t play it for more than half an hour without getting bored. I don’t know why, have re-played Wind Waker for the god knows how many times since then and love it still.

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 pm

The same way as who?

This is awesome


User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by still » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 pm

the eponymous bollock wrote:The same way as who?

This is awesome



Jesus that was! The bit at the end!

User avatar
Heskimo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Blackpool

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Heskimo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 pm

That looked like so much fun!

the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Hooning around on the bike like that around the Guardians is so much fun.

kuliand
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by kuliand » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Lvl 4 ancient armour achieved :) it's taken 85 hours but now the test of strength trials are a piece of cake!


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Meep, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRakoon, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Qikz, Red 5 stella, Shug5891, Xeno and 60 guests