The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Luboluke
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Luboluke » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Are you honestly saying you think that was footage of someone actually playing the game?

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Mafro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Whether it's someone playing the game, or it's AI controlled, I do think it's in-game footage. I'm not sure what's with the scepticism from you and Herbi (well, I can understand Herbi because that's our Herbi) since Nintendo don't have a history of downgrading their games compared to when they are first shown. As I've said previously and I'll repeat myself again, every single Zelda game has ended up looking noticeably better in the finished product compared to its first showing. It's came straight from Anouma himself that it's gameplay, and he's not one to bullshit unlike a lot of other devs.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Alpha eX
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alpha eX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 pm

In-engine and in-game are two different things. It's in-engine, there is no way this is in-game because it's quite obviously a cinematic. I could be wrong, it could be a QTE with the button prompts turned off but it's certainly not gameplay.

Engine looks great aside from the light washing out most detail on Link's face.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Mafro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Alpha eX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 pm wrote:In-engine and in-game are two different things. It's in-engine, there is no way this is in-game because it's quite obviously a cinematic. I could be wrong, it could be a QTE with the button prompts turned off but it's certainly not gameplay.

Engine looks great aside from the light washing out most detail on Link's face.

Why can't it be gameplay but with specific camera placement to capture the scene from a more cinematic angle for the trailer?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Alpha eX
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alpha eX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Mafro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
Alpha eX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 pm wrote:In-engine and in-game are two different things. It's in-engine, there is no way this is in-game because it's quite obviously a cinematic. I could be wrong, it could be a QTE with the button prompts turned off but it's certainly not gameplay.

Engine looks great aside from the light washing out most detail on Link's face.

Why can't it be gameplay but with specific camera placement to capture the scene from a more cinematic angle for the trailer?


So they recorded ghost data and then used cinematic cameras in a replay? I'd imagine it to be very difficult to play the game so well with that camera.

No shame in it being in-engine, it looks great.

User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Harry Bizzle » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Mafro » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:59 pm wrote:Whether it's someone playing the game, or it's AI controlled, I do think it's in-game footage. I'm not sure what's with the scepticism from you and Herbi (well, I can understand Herbi because that's our Herbi) since Nintendo don't have a history of downgrading their games compared to when they are first shown. As I've said previously and I'll repeat myself again, every single Zelda game has ended up looking noticeably better in the finished product compared to its first showing. It's came straight from Anouma himself that it's gameplay, and he's not one to bullshit unlike a lot of other devs.



Those screenshots are 1080p with a lorra lorra AA, which screams "running on PC."

It'll look like that but 720p and jaggy (which will still probably look great).

instagram: @habiz
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Banjo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm with Mafro on this, when do Nintendo ever indulge in bullshots that aren't representative of the final product? The only example I can think of off the top of my head are the CG trailers for character reveals in Smash Bros, but those are always done side-by-side with gameplay footage representative of how the character actually looks/game actually plays.

User avatar
Minto
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland!

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Minto » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Too much hating going on in this thread. It will look amazing and you will all eat crow.

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
User avatar
Alpha eX
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alpha eX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:50 pm

It does look amazing but to be fair, didn't Mario Kart have tons of AA in screens/video. All of the stuff I've seen posted from the game is jaggy as hell.

It's not really going to matter when it's on your TV though :wub:

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Pedz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Minto wrote:Too much hating going on in this thread. It will look amazing and you will all eat crow.


Does crow taste like chicken?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
KB
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by KB » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Not saying it's not in-engine, I definitely don't think it's in game. Would be very impressive if the game ended up looking like that, and I wouldn't put it past them, most of the 1st party wiiu stuff looks amazing.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by The Watching Artist » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:05 am

Minto » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:48 pm wrote:Too much hating going on in this thread. It will look amazing and you will all eat crow.

I dont want to eat Crow. :( Crow is awesome!


Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Floex » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Image

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:49 am

Luke_25 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:Are you honestly saying you think that was footage of someone actually playing the game?


The part set in the overworld right up until Link and Epona get chased off-screen by the boss creature looked somewhat like it might be gameplay to me.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Alpha eX
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alpha eX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:49 am wrote:
Luke_25 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:Are you honestly saying you think that was footage of someone actually playing the game?


The part set in the overworld right up until Link and Epona get chased off-screen by the boss creature looked somewhat like it might be gameplay to me.


You mean where the player is standing still for a few minutes until the cut-scene kicks in? Great game play footage then. :lol:

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Alpha eX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am wrote:
Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:49 am wrote:
Luke_25 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:Are you honestly saying you think that was footage of someone actually playing the game?


The part set in the overworld right up until Link and Epona get chased off-screen by the boss creature looked somewhat like it might be gameplay to me.


You mean where the player is standing still for a few minutes until the cut-scene kicks in? Great game play footage then. :lol:


That's the part. :lol: Not great, I grant you, but who the hell builds a CG video of nothing happening? Seems more likely to be a video recorded via debug or idle camera of one of the devs doing strawberry float all in Hyrule for a few minutes until a roaming boss finds him. Cue carefully staged boss "fight" video.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Alpha eX
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alpha eX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:23 pm

It's all in-engine with scripted events and cameras. It's not gameplay because it'd be near impossible to play with the cameras fixed so far from the player and often jumping about so much. I see no reason why it'd look any different with the camera fixed in a traditional third-person view when the player has control of Link.

Really hyped for it, especially as you can run to the mountains far in to the distance. :wub:

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:28 pm

I wonder where it'll sit in the timeline?

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Mafro » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:42 pm

It's from Hyrule Warriors but:

Image

:datass:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda Wii U (2015)
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Whose arm is that? :lol:

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Captian Kil, chanticleer, Hound, Joer, Kanbei, KjGarly, NickSCFC, Pedz, Preezy, Shug5891 and 43 guests