The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Brerlappin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

Mafro wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
Pedz wrote:Darksiders better??? lul


Darksiders is a better Zelda game than any actual Zelda game post WW.

To quote DMX: "Preacher tellin' the troof an it hurts"

Image


:lol:

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Rax » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

Grcade: Proving opinions can be wrong since 2008.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:17 am

Breath of the Wild is the strongest evidence we have of the elusive, immeasurable Nintendo Magic since Super Mario 64.

Stop trying to get in the way of important scientific research, Brer.

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Brerlappin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Image

User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Karl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 pm

The other open-worlds I've experienced haven't really been worth exploring. Empty and bland. Zelda's full of stuff to do, which is why I thought the open-world template worked a lot better for it.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Errkal » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Image


Image

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by KjGarly » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:47 pm

There's been a ton of open world games I've bought this gen and haven't bothered finishing let alone even wanted to start. GTA V, Ass Creed Syndicate, Mad Max, Horizon ZD, Just Cause 3 and Mafia 3 just to name a few. But there's obviously something good enough in Breath of the Wilds world that not only got me hooked for 80-100 hours playing via Cemu but also putting in over 100 hours on the Switch version. Hell I even bought the Season Pass which is something I rarely do with games.

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Photek » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Maybe brer has open world fatigue? I know I do, I love Breathe of the Wild but it can suffer from the same thing. I'd still place it up with Skyrim and Fallout 4 as one of the better examples.

(I don't consider the DSouls games a open world)

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Hime » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:40 am

Finally took on and beat a Lynol yesterday 8-)

For some reason I thought I got a heart piece for beating them, instead I get some weapons :| . To be fair, the stuff seems good but it's not much of a reward when the sword will break after fighting a couple of chuchu's.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ad7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 am

KjGarly wrote:
the eponymous bollock wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Amiibo's get :shifty:

Image

Image

Loadsa chests :datass:


Nintendo are so strawberry floating stupid too lock content behind this gooseberry fool and then not even give you anyway to buy it legitimately without getting strawberry floating fleeced.

Honestly, is there a company that has ever existed that is so wilfully strawberry floating dense on such a consistent basis.


Where did you get them?


eBay, £15 for the set of 18. Unlocked Epona and the fierce deity armour last night. Just need the cap of the wind for the Wind Waker outfit.

They are so easy to make though if you have a Samsung (or any Android phone that can write NFC) I made my own for Mario Kart 8 and they cost me £5 for 10 blank Ntag 215 cards
.


Image

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by KjGarly » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:47 am

Ad7 wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
the eponymous bollock wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Amiibo's get :shifty:

Image

Image

Loadsa chests :datass:


Nintendo are so strawberry floating stupid too lock content behind this gooseberry fool and then not even give you anyway to buy it legitimately without getting strawberry floating fleeced.

Honestly, is there a company that has ever existed that is so wilfully strawberry floating dense on such a consistent basis.


Where did you get them?


eBay, £15 for the set of 18. Unlocked Epona and the fierce deity armour last night. Just need the cap of the wind for the Wind Waker outfit.

They are so easy to make though if you have a Samsung (or any Android phone that can write NFC) I made my own for Mario Kart 8 and they cost me £5 for 10 blank Ntag 215 cards
.


Image


Image

Image Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 am

I had no idea you could buy the amiibo cards without buying an actual amiibo. So you can just buy a set of the cards for a fraction of the price of the amiibos? Are they Nintendo products or manufactured by others?

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by jawafour » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:...Are they Nintendo products or manufactured by others?

They arise from the dark side, STAR. Nintendo do make some amiibo cards - predominantly Animal Crossing with a smattering of Mario Sports - but these are unofficial.

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by still » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:17 am

120 shrines done. Woot!

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by KjGarly » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:00 pm

jawafour wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:...Are they Nintendo products or manufactured by others?

They arise from the dark side, STAR. Nintendo do make some amiibo cards - predominantly Animal Crossing with a smattering of Mario Sports - but these are unofficial.


From what I read somewhere, Nintendo haven't released Amiibo's in China (not that it would stop them replicating them in card form if they did anyway..) So they resorted to making their own. And flogging them to people like me on eBay :datass:

Image

Image

These beauties arrived this morning :toot:

People might disapprove with it but tell me, if I as a recent Switch owner who missed out on the Wii U and didn't keep a 3DS to the point of them starting Amiibo's, wanted to buy the full Zelda set (Super Smash Bros, Anniversary, BOTW etc) how much would it likely set me back to now get that full set?

Keep in mind the Zelda set cost me £15 with free postage and the Splatoon set was £12 with free postage.

Last edited by KjGarly on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Floex » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 pm

TBh, I don't know why Nintendo arn't doing this. Not everyone wants figurines, amiibos arn't exactly easy to get hold of and this seems cheaper alternative to that.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by jawafour » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:18 pm

KjGarly wrote:...but tell me, if I as a recent Switch owner who missed out on the Wii U and didn't keep a 3DS to the point of them starting Amiibo's, wanted to buy the full Zelda set (Super Smash Bros, Anniversary, BOTW etc) how much would it likely set me back to now get that full set?

Keep in mind the Zelda set cost me £15 with free postage and the Splatoon set was £12 with free postage.

I'm not sure about that line of thinking, Kj... so, because you chose not to buy stuff when it launched and that stuff now requires quite a bit of money to buy the lot, it's okay to pirate it? :lol: . I'm not judging, though, as those cards do look neat and... I would definitely buy them if Nintendo did official cards like that.

But then Nintendo would only make about twenty-three units available in the UK :lol: .

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by KjGarly » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 pm

But I wouldn't have had any desire to purchase Amiibo's due to not having anything they could be used on since they've been selling them on short supply :slol: the last Nintendo console I owned was a 3DS XL over 4 years ago and I got shut of that shortly before PS4's release.

Now I'm going to entirely honest with you on a reason I went this route with getting Amiibo's Jawa...


You ready for it?

It was your fault :toot: playing against you in MK and seeing you in your Pac-Man Mii suit got me wanting it (and every other Mii suit available :shifty: ) which then got me looking on eBay for cheap Amiibo's which then lead to the cards which then led to not only buying them but learning to make my own :toot:

Your fault man :shifty:

Image Image
the eponymous bollock
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by the eponymous bollock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:47 pm

KjGarly wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:...Are they Nintendo products or manufactured by others?

They arise from the dark side, STAR. Nintendo do make some amiibo cards - predominantly Animal Crossing with a smattering of Mario Sports - but these are unofficial.


From what I read somewhere, Nintendo haven't released Amiibo's in China (not that it would stop them replicating them in card form if they did anyway..) So they resorted to making their own. And flogging them to people like me on eBay :datass:

Image

Image

These beauties arrived this morning :toot:

People might disapprove with it but tell me, if I as a recent Switch owner who missed out on the Wii U and didn't keep a 3DS to the point of them starting Amiibo's, wanted to buy the full Zelda set (Super Smash Bros, Anniversary, BOTW etc) how much would it likely set me back to now get that full set?

Keep in mind the Zelda set cost me £15 with free postage and the Splatoon set was £12 with free postage.


Anyone who disapproves of it is a Nintendo fanboy, preferring to side with Nintendos bullshit anti-consumer practices rather than criticise them.

I know you said you got them from eBay but do you have a direct link because I'll be darned if I can find them?

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Hyperion » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah I was looking and could only see the Zelda set for 50 odd quid. strawberry float that

Image Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 34 guests