The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG

Our best bits.
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Jenuall wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:Might be a bit tricky above water


:lol:

I wonder if you could actually do this, can you get a thermal off burning equipment? I'm thinking cryonis block with a wooden shield on top of it.


I don't think you get an updraft from burning equipment, I could be wrong though. Not sure if it's a dynamic system or just limited to set things (i.e. grass on fire = updraft), would be cool if you could set fire to enough wood/wooden equipment in a small location and the game worked out that enough heat was being generated to create an updraft...

You deffo need a certain amount or space of fire/heat. Little tiny patches of grass don't do it if I remember correctly. Typically need something around the size of a crate, a simple bonfire isn't enough.

Man........ imagine a dungeon where you had to collect enough firewood to create a megadraft to access higher levels. Then it turns out the boss is the fire you made and it ends with you putting it out. :P

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ad7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:17 pm

I remember try to make a draft to get up an impossible to climb bit in the rain. The rock was overhanging, so I put wood under that hang to stay dry, put some flint next to it and hit that with my sword. Fire lit, created a draft and I glided up the bit in the pouring rain 8-)

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Karl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Imagine a dungeon where you are confronted by the manifestation of your own fear of playing games without dungeons.

;)

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ad7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Imagine a dungeon where the end boss is just a wall of text saying "the witcher 3 is better than this"

only half joking

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Karl wrote:Imagine a dungeon.......

:datass:

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Hyperion » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:Might be a bit tricky above water


:lol:

I wonder if you could actually do this, can you get a thermal off burning equipment? I'm thinking cryonis block with a wooden shield on top of it.


I don't think you get an updraft from burning equipment, I could be wrong though. Not sure if it's a dynamic system or just limited to set things (i.e. grass on fire = updraft), would be cool if you could set fire to enough wood/wooden equipment in a small location and the game worked out that enough heat was being generated to create an updraft...

You deffo need a certain amount or space of fire/heat. Little tiny patches of grass don't do it if I remember correctly. Typically need something around the size of a crate, a simple bonfire isn't enough.

Man........ imagine a dungeon where you had to collect enough firewood to create a megadraft to access higher levels. Then it turns out the boss is the fire you made and it ends with you putting it out. :P


If your fire is Boss, then why is dungeon?

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Hyperion wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:Might be a bit tricky above water


:lol:

I wonder if you could actually do this, can you get a thermal off burning equipment? I'm thinking cryonis block with a wooden shield on top of it.


I don't think you get an updraft from burning equipment, I could be wrong though. Not sure if it's a dynamic system or just limited to set things (i.e. grass on fire = updraft), would be cool if you could set fire to enough wood/wooden equipment in a small location and the game worked out that enough heat was being generated to create an updraft...

You deffo need a certain amount or space of fire/heat. Little tiny patches of grass don't do it if I remember correctly. Typically need something around the size of a crate, a simple bonfire isn't enough.

Man........ imagine a dungeon where you had to collect enough firewood to create a megadraft to access higher levels. Then it turns out the boss is the fire you made and it ends with you putting it out. :P


If your fire is Boss, then why is dungeon?

it wouldn't be the boss as such but entity that uses the fire as a host

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:Man........ imagine a dungeon where you had to collect enough firewood to create a megadraft to access higher levels. Then it turns out the boss is the fire you made and it ends with you putting it out. :P


This but there is no firewood available so you have to kidnap and burn koroks

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:Man........ imagine a dungeon where you had to collect enough firewood to create a megadraft to access higher levels. Then it turns out the boss is the fire you made and it ends with you putting it out. :P


This but there is no firewood available so you have to kidnap and burn koroks

Could be a bit like the monkeys in the Forest Temple in TP. Only with more murder.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Hyperion » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Murder Dungeons :datass:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Nibble
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Big Tuna

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Nibble » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Ad7 wrote:I remember try to make a draft to get up an impossible to climb bit in the rain. The rock was overhanging, so I put wood under that hang to stay dry, put some flint next to it and hit that with my sword. Fire lit, created a draft and I glided up the bit in the pouring rain 8-)


If I'm remembering correctly, I think if you throw a chilli on the fire you get extra lift.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Nibble wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I remember try to make a draft to get up an impossible to climb bit in the rain. The rock was overhanging, so I put wood under that hang to stay dry, put some flint next to it and hit that with my sword. Fire lit, created a draft and I glided up the bit in the pouring rain 8-)


If I'm remembering correctly, I think if you throw a chilli on the fire you get extra lift.


If Link roasts raw Spicy Pepper with fire or volcanic heat, it will create an updraft that Link can use to lift himself into the air with his Paraglider.


Goddamn this game

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by still » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:27 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Nibble wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I remember try to make a draft to get up an impossible to climb bit in the rain. The rock was overhanging, so I put wood under that hang to stay dry, put some flint next to it and hit that with my sword. Fire lit, created a draft and I glided up the bit in the pouring rain 8-)


If I'm remembering correctly, I think if you throw a chilli on the fire you get extra lift.


If Link roasts raw Spicy Pepper with fire or volcanic heat, it will create an updraft that Link can use to lift himself into the air with his Paraglider.


Goddamn this game


Attention to detail. :datass:

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:35 pm

:lol: brilliant
Hyperion wrote:Murder Dungeons :datass:

Imagine a dungeon where............ the only way to reach a tall area is to pile up corpses!

Image
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by still » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 pm

The Watching Artist wrote::lol: brilliant
Hyperion wrote:Murder Dungeons :datass:

Imagine a dungeon where............ the only way to reach a tall area is to pile up corpses!


Stop it! Stop it with all this imagining!!

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by The Watching Artist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:43 pm

brb using imagination

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:Also I wanted a dungeon built on the electricity ideas. The entire thing would be like a circuit board. Then at the end you have to connect the boss to the power to start the fight.


As long as you can still break it by laying out a whole inventory of metal weapons on the floor, I'm in

I did exactly this in a shrine and I have no idea if I was supposed to or not, it was great. :lol:

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by Ad7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Urge to play again rising.

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by still » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:brb using imagination


Too much imagination very dangerous!

User avatar
PaperMacheMario
Member
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

PostRe: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GOTG
by PaperMacheMario » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Went north east of Hatono Town to Mount Lanayru to check out a couple of shrine quests... followed a path all the way to this huge dragon (Naydra?) :shock: managed to free it, so flipping cool.

Thinking I’ll try to locate Hestu again now so I can upgrade my inventory further.

HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests