The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Corazon de Leon » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

Powers wrote:
Parksey wrote:I wonder where all the RF crew are now. The likes of Toxic and Powers still post every now and again, but what of Extreme Ironing, MrKirov and even Big Frank?


I actually think something might have happened to ET because he really didn't seem the sort of person who'd just leave quietly... I'm still here because of the Wrestling thread though. Just can't get that sort of action on rllmuk. Ironing and Frank/Karl are both over on the RF forum. Its fairly slow moving, mainly because of how often we talk to each other on Xbox Live, but pretty much everyone else who was linked with RF posts there (An Dog on a Skateboard/Yonez, Dante Sigona, Buttfor, Orca, Chibi Tai, Long Hair Stu yada yada...) so feel free to pop over if you want to talk to any of the people who no longer post here. MrKirov was one of the Gamufi guys though. Not quite sure what happened to them.

Skarjo wrote:I miss GwiDan.

He told me off, it was brilliant.


I also miss Gwidan. He got sarcastic with me in an Xbox Live party a few months back but it just wasn't the same. :(


ET announced he was tired of the forum and tired of gaming and wished to leave, if I recall correctly. I didn't like him, he was a tool.

Image Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Tafdolphin » Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 am

Sputnik wrote:
jamcc wrote:Gario's not.


jeez :lol:

I thought Gario Pan and Tafdolphin were adoptive brothers or something? How can they not be invited to Pan's wedding?


As I say, we sort of drifted apart after uni. I went to Japan, Gario stayed in Leeds (where he still resides to this day) and Pan settled down in Birmingham. One of my mates lived with Pan for a year or so after that and even he's lost contact with him (despite still living in B'ham himself).

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Sputnik
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Sputnik » Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 am

What a tight family.

This is malignant for diapered cartoon girls crutches as well

Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by NickSCFC » Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 am

Magius wrote:invincible.

He was a Nintendo fannyboy like no other.


The arguments I had with that guy :lol:

Damn, I really AM anti-Nintendo aren't I :|

Image Image
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by bear » Wed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Powers wrote:
Parksey wrote:I wonder where all the RF crew are now. The likes of Toxic and Powers still post every now and again, but what of Extreme Ironing, MrKirov and even Big Frank?


I actually think something might have happened to ET because he really didn't seem the sort of person who'd just leave quietly... I'm still here because of the Wrestling thread though. Just can't get that sort of action on rllmuk. Ironing and Frank/Karl are both over on the RF forum. Its fairly slow moving, mainly because of how often we talk to each other on Xbox Live, but pretty much everyone else who was linked with RF posts there (An Dog on a Skateboard/Yonez, Dante Sigona, Buttfor, Orca, Chibi Tai, Long Hair Stu yada yada...) so feel free to pop over if you want to talk to any of the people who no longer post here. MrKirov was one of the Gamufi guys though. Not quite sure what happened to them.

Skarjo wrote:I miss GwiDan.

He told me off, it was brilliant.


I also miss Gwidan. He got sarcastic with me in an Xbox Live party a few months back but it just wasn't the same. :(


ET announced he was tired of the forum and tired of gaming and wished to leave, if I recall correctly. I didn't like him, he was a tool.

Lies.

He made a bet with me about when the PS3 would overtake the 360 in sales and then decided to leave just before he'd have to pay up. This whole tired of gaming story was all a lie. He owes me money. :x

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Tafdolphin » Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

ET and Vince were complete maniacs but real characters too. We're missing guys like that nowadays. Poor Hugo has to work twice as hard to maintain the forum's "lovable mentalist" quota.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Mockmaster
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Cybertron

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Mockmaster » Wed May 25, 2011 12:01 pm

ET moved his allegiance over to the NTSC-UK forums for a time but hasn't been active there since last year.

http://www.ntsc-uk.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1490

I believe he ended up as a teacher in Suffolk, and then went off to Australia.

Image
User avatar
Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008
Location: Bedfordshire

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Steve » Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:ET and Vince were complete maniacs but real characters too. We're missing guys like that nowadays. Poor Hugo has to work twice as hard to maintain the forum's "lovable mentalist" quota.


Does anyone remember when I banned Vince's sales thread propaganda bullshit on Games Radar? He wrote a complaint to the CEO of Future :lol:

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Mafro » Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Steve wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:ET and Vince were complete maniacs but real characters too. We're missing guys like that nowadays. Poor Hugo has to work twice as hard to maintain the forum's "lovable mentalist" quota.


Does anyone remember when I banned Vince's sales thread propaganda bullshit on Games Radar? He wrote a complaint to the CEO of Future :lol:

Oh my God :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Skippy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:22 pm

I knew Vince was insane but that's just ridiculous :lol:

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Skarjo » Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

And then Gamesradar got shut down.

Victory Vince by the sounds of it

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Dblock » Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Parksey wrote:
Dblock wrote:No one remembers E.T?

He was the one who made :wub: cool on forums way before it was cool.

ET :wub: :wub: :wub:


I remember E.T. constantly banging on about PDZ and Ridge Racer 6 during the 360's first year.

Though he was quite good at PDZ (I think he did it Solo on Dark Agent), he just kept going on about how much he loved the song at the start. He even said he'd put his surround speakers in and put them on the floor so he could feel the vibes.

Crackers.

I wonder where all the RF crew are now. The likes of Toxic and Powers still post every now and again, but what of Extreme Ironing, MrKirov and even Big Frank?


KJGarly is still here Melly is still here. Patient Zero aka An Dog On a Skate Board was genuinly a funny guy wonder what happened to him.

Remember my early days on GR I challenged RF on Halo2 :lol:

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Gario
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Gario » Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Sputnik wrote:
jamcc wrote:Gario's not.


jeez :lol:

I thought Gario Pan and Tafdolphin were adoptive brothers or something? How can they not be invited to Pan's wedding?


As I say, we sort of drifted apart after uni. I went to Japan, Gario stayed in Leeds (where he still resides to this day) and Pan settled down in Birmingham. One of my mates lived with Pan for a year or so after that and even he's lost contact with him (despite still living in B'ham himself).



Actually, I was invited to the stag do but I said no. Had I gone, I would surely have secured an invite to the wedding. Be under no illusion.

I'd like to know precisely which one of us has been more successful since graduating in 2005. I'd compare wage slips and Facebook friends if I had time. But then I'd find out I'm in last place :(

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Tafdolphin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am

Gario wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Sputnik wrote:
jamcc wrote:Gario's not.


jeez :lol:

I thought Gario Pan and Tafdolphin were adoptive brothers or something? How can they not be invited to Pan's wedding?


As I say, we sort of drifted apart after uni. I went to Japan, Gario stayed in Leeds (where he still resides to this day) and Pan settled down in Birmingham. One of my mates lived with Pan for a year or so after that and even he's lost contact with him (despite still living in B'ham himself).



Actually, I was invited to the stag do but I said no. Had I gone, I would surely have secured an invite to the wedding. Be under no illusion.

I'd like to know precisely which one of us has been more successful since graduating in 2005. I'd compare wage slips and Facebook friends if I had time. But then I'd find out I'm in last place :(


Now I just feel left out. Actually, when I saw him this time last year he invited me to the wedding but that was the last I heard of it.

I'm clinging to my Japan experience as the only worthy thing I've done since leaving Uni. Also, living in London I probably have an unfair advantaged in wages due to London-weighting. Or maybe not, it's not like I'm getting paid super amounts or anything.

Anyway, I don't like to discuss money.

Image

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008
Location: Bedfordshire

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Steve » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:14 am

Bump!

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by Tafdolphin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I still don't like to discuss money.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The legends of Games Radar & where are they now?
by more heat than light » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 am

This thread. :(

So many memories.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”