The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Green Gecko » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:19 am

Whenever I build Lego with kids I always tell them I have a PhD in Lego and am a master builder (there's only actually one of those in the world but hey). My job is mainly to apply stickers.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Rex Kramer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 am

Currently considering either the Winter Station or Winter Fire Station for my Christmas display. The Fire Station currently has 2x VIP points but the Station would go better with the train. Anyone bought either? They both look nice but seem quite expensive for what you get. Do like the look of the micro build Diagon Alley freebie though.

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by NBK » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Currently considering either the Winter Station or Winter Fire Station for my Christmas display. The Fire Station currently has 2x VIP points but the Station would go better with the train. Anyone bought either? They both look nice but seem quite expensive for what you get. Do like the look of the micro build Diagon Alley freebie though.


I got the Winter Station last year. It's a nice wee set, but, as you say, is pretty expensive for what you get. The Fire
Station looks to be about the same sort of build; quite small, but with lots of nice touches.

I guess it depends what sort of display you're making, if the train and station are going to be the centerpiece, or if you also have the toy shop and want to make it like more of a village.

Hope that was of some help :)

Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by NBK » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Christmas freebie announced and double VIP points this weekend

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-double-vip-points-and-40292-christmas-gift-box-this-weekend/

Much nicer than last year's Nutcracker Demon, and Hogwarts is one of the qualifying double points sets :toot:

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Rex Kramer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 pm

That's pretty nice. Going to pick up the Winter station this weekend I think.

By the way, you can also activate a £5 refund if you use paypal. Link - https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/PP?icmp=HP- ... paypal-778

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by NBK » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:That's pretty nice. Going to pick up the Winter station this weekend I think.

By the way, you can also activate a £5 refund if you use paypal. Link - https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/PP?icmp=HP- ... paypal-778


Nice choice, and thanks for notice on the eBay credit. Think I'll put that and the points from Hogwarts towards the Fire Station as well.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Frank » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm contemplating getting the Fire Station, but I'm not sure where I'd put it :dread: Noticed that in their Black Friday sales there's 30% off the app-controlled Batmobile. I'm really tempted. I loved the old Lego RC 5-in-1 build :wub:

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Rex Kramer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 am

Frank wrote:I'm contemplating getting the Fire Station, but I'm not sure where I'd put it :dread: Noticed that in their Black Friday sales there's 30% off the app-controlled Batmobile. I'm really tempted. I loved the old Lego RC 5-in-1 build :wub:

The Batmobile is £54 on Amazon today. Couple of other sets at 40% off, mostly Lego Friends but the Ghostbusters and BTTF brickheads are included.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Rex Kramer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 am

Ordered the Winter train station and the extra track pack this morning. That freebie looks really decent.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by Frank » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Just in case anyone's still got Christmas shopping to do, there's double VIP points at the moment. I had an email about getting a free Lego Black Card display stand with ANY Lego Star Wars purchase, too, so I just bought a Rey keychain to get it.

Picked up the Fire Station at the same time for the double VIP points and the free winter carousel, too :shifty: No idea where it'll all go. Already filled up a shelf with all the christmas lego :slol:

Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by NBK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am

Frank wrote:Just in case anyone's still got Christmas shopping to do, there's double VIP points at the moment. I had an email about getting a free Lego Black Card display stand with ANY Lego Star Wars purchase, too, so I just bought a Rey keychain to get it.

Picked up the Fire Station at the same time for the double VIP points and the free winter carousel, too :shifty: No idea where it'll all go. Already filled up a shelf with all the christmas lego :slol:


I wish I hadn't jumped right on buying the Fire Station in November; I didn't want to miss the double points but now I'm missing out on the little carousel instead.

Built the free present one last night though, really nice and compact little set :)

Image
BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!
by BORbles » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Lego Architecture San Francisco set is coming to early 2019!

I will definitely buy it and add to my few architecture sets on the shelves.

:datass:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests