The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Jenuall » Thu May 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Lime wrote:Does anyone else have the Ninjago City set? I think it's the best build I've ever experienced. I've got most of the regular modulars and it exceeds all of them I reckon.


My eldest son is desperate to get this - but I think it might be wasted on him to a degree as he's only 5! Loves his Lego so much though and he is surprisingly adept at building things which I thought would be beyond him - he got the police station at Christmas and I was expecting to enjoy working on it with him only to find him on boxing day having completed half of it on his own! :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Lime » Thu May 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Jenuall wrote:My eldest son is desperate to get this - but I think it might be wasted on him to a degree as he's only 5! Loves his Lego so much though and he is surprisingly adept at building things which I thought would be beyond him - he got the police station at Christmas and I was expecting to enjoy working on it with him only to find him on boxing day having completed half of it on his own! :lol:


I think the part where you put down 219 2x1 clear tiles for the water might be a little much for a 5-year old! (and also rather complex as they are all set in odd patterns) But the effect is fantastic.

The main problem is where do you go next when you've built a set of that size and complexity.


(that and the fact it cost a lot!)

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Frank » Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Just in case anyone else has a black card, you can get a free UCS Y-Wing blueprint... print with any purchase over £30. Will probably pick up the Y-Wing tomorrow :shifty: Then to figure out where it can live...

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Lagamorph » Fri May 04, 2018 6:55 am

Y-Wing ordered and got a free BB-8 with it.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Lagamorph » Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am

The Y-Wing is coming via Yodel :dread:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by jawafour » Sun May 06, 2018 9:23 am

Lagamorph wrote:The Y-Wing is coming via Yodel :dread:

It will arrive in pieces :( .

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Frank » Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 am

Lego usually use Yodel, don't they? They do around here, at least, but our local guy is usually pretty reliable. I think he smokes, though. The box it's shipped in always whiffs a bit.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Robbo-92 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:47 am

My Falcon was delivered by Yodel, no issues either. Not had any issues with Yodel in the past either but it obviously depends on your local drivers.

Image

Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by RichardUK » Mon May 07, 2018 2:08 am

I like Yodel because they tell you how many deliveries are before yours so you can judge when they will deliver so your not waiting in, I have quite a few things delivered by Yodel and I must be one of the last deliveries because it’s always around 6pm

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Frank » Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am

Just had a text telling me my Y-Wing's been delivered! I know what I'll be doing if this interview doesn't go very well, then :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread - Year of the Dog promo set available from tomorrow!
by Frank » Wed May 09, 2018 3:47 pm

The blueprint is a bit smaller than I was expecting. It's only A4 size. I thought it'd be more poster print sized (at least A3 :( ). Still, if it's small at least it means I might actually be able to find somewhere to display it!

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Thu May 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Started the Y-Wing today! Why has it got a single box inside and then a load of loose bags? :lol: Very odd. The numbered bags seem tiny compared to the Falcon and everything, too.

Image
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Lime » Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Frank wrote:Started the Y-Wing today! Why has it got a single box inside and then a load of loose bags? :lol: Very odd. The numbered bags seem tiny compared to the Falcon and everything, too.


Assembly Square was the same (maybe 2 boxes), and possible 2 boxes in Ninjago city. Maybe it gives some stability by stopping all the bags flapping around all over the shop!

I'll be interested to know how the Y-Wing build is - I've never really paid much attention to the Y-Wing until I saw a close up of this set - the detail looks amazing. I've got £55 worth of VIP points so I'm quite tempted - Ninjago City Docks looks a little underwhelming from the pics I've seen so far.

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Wedgie » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 am

I got the UCS Snowspeeder and Imperial Tie Fighter.

The Snowspeeder is magnificent.

Next Lego set is more likely to be Slave 1. I also wanted the Y-Wing but Slave 1 is an older set so it’ll probably get retired first.

Anyone like the Death Star? It looks awful to me. I would rather a full covered Death Star which opens up to see the rooms.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Lime wrote:I'll be interested to know how the Y-Wing build is - I've never really paid much attention to the Y-Wing until I saw a close up of this set - the detail looks amazing. I've got £55 worth of VIP points so I'm quite tempted - Ninjago City Docks looks a little underwhelming from the pics I've seen so far.


I'm getting nearer to the end of the Y-Wing now, it's pretty fun, and yeah, the detail is insane! Just the engines to do, and then it's all over. Will probably have to try and shift my Rogue One Y-Wing after this. The size difference is crazy! :slol:

Wonder when they'll do a UCS A-Wing. We've had second editions now of the X-Wing, Y-Wing, Falcon, Death Star and Snowspeeder, but they've never done an A-Wing, have they? :(

Also, Wedgie, my brother's got the Death Star, but I passed on it because of the weird super-expensive playset thing it had going on. It almost seemed like it was a set for the minifig collectors to buy :slol: Comes with 11 figs or something...

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Wedgie » Tue May 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Image

:shock:

Also there will be a Harry Potter Brickheadz series.

Harry & Hedwig.

Image


Heromine.
Image


Ron & Dumbledore.
Image


Also rumours say we'll see Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke, Yoda and Leia Brickheadz this year.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Wedgie » Sun May 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Hey. Would like to show off my lego collection.

Tron Legacy
Image


Wall-E
Image
Image


Ultimate Collector's Series: Millennium Falcon
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Ghostbusters
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Ultimate Collector's Series: Slave 1
Image
Image
Image


That's all for now. Will upload more from other sets.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Trelliz » Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:Image

:shock:

Also there will be a Harry Potter Brickheadz series.

Harry & Hedwig.

Image


Heromine.
Image


Ron & Dumbledore.
Image


Also rumours say we'll see Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke, Yoda and Leia Brickheadz this year.


They look either like LittleBigPlanet sackboy costumes or build-your-own funko pops.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Wedgie » Sun May 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Trelliz wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Image

:shock:

Also there will be a Harry Potter Brickheadz series.

Harry & Hedwig.

Image


Heromine.
Image


Ron & Dumbledore.
Image


Also rumours say we'll see Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke, Yoda and Leia Brickheadz this year.


They look either like LittleBigPlanet sackboy costumes or build-your-own funko pops.


Yeah it’s like funko pops.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Vermilion » Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Spotted these today, hadn't seen them before and so decided to treat myself to one.

Image

There's also a range of proper sets out there too...

Image


Return to “Stuff”