The LEGO Thread - The LEGO Movie 2 trailer (pg 156)!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Buffalo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:44 pm

No regrets 8-)

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Buffalo wrote:Bit old for this sort of thing, lads? :shifty:


this is a place to relive the glory days

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Buffalo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah but didn't you buy that Toy Story stuff recently? Let it go.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:47 pm

No, it's fun, and now I have money 8-)

Image
User avatar
Shadow
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Shadow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Frank wrote:
Shadow wrote:True Fact: I was UK Lego building champion 1992. 8-)


What did it involve you being better than everyone else at doing? Were you the quickest builder, or could you construct sturdier and more detailed models in the fastest time?


I entered the Liverpool heat, you had to take in a model you'd built yourself which would be judged by some of the Lego designers. I think the only rules were that it had to be 100% Lego and could not feature any elements that had come from official sets (with the exception of minifigs).

I built a lighthouse which had a light that turned and flashed, it was on a rocky outcrop which had a ship crashed on it, there was a hole in the side of the ship and an octopus reaching in pulling out a pirate.

I won the Liverpool heat which meant they took my model down to London for the nationals, we were offered to go down, but my folks couldn't get time off to take me, I found out I'd won by letter (retro).

I won a mammoth amount of free Lego :D

When I was a kid my mum's best friend worked for Lego so she used to get 50% off. Lego was literally the only thing I used to get for birthday and Christmas other than games. :wub:

User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by SandyCoin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Tesseract wrote:Star Wars Lego is the best Lego.

Image

I spent a good three years of my younger life trying to understand this damn thing. The day it scooted along the kitchen table and stopped before falling off the edge was one of the happiest in my life.


I had that :wub:

I want to find my old lego star wars sets. X wing was class

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Igor
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Igor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Tesseract wrote:Star Wars Lego is the best Lego.

Image

I spent a good three years of my younger life trying to understand this damn thing. The day it scooted along the kitchen table and stopped before falling off the edge was one of the happiest in my life.


That was amazing. I wanted the more expensive one that we had at school, but that was the only one my mum could afford. Amazing bit of kit it was. :wub:

User avatar
BraithGwirod
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Bristol, Bristol; people missing teeth...

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by BraithGwirod » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Buffalo wrote:Bit old for this sort of thing, lads? :shifty:


You're never too old for Lego :x

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostThe LEGO Thread
by TigaSefi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Frank wrote:Is it still sealed, you nutter?


Yeah :)

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:38 am

I'm so tempted to buy this now I've got a job :fp: :


Image

Only problem is I wouldn't know where to put it... :( Has anyone else ever bought any of these Lego-for-adults sets? :shifty:

Also, I've downloaded the entire series of James May's Toy Stories just to get the Lego episode, anyone want me to upload it (I'm looking at you, Sputnik, being foreign and all...)?

Image
User avatar
Sputnik
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Sputnik » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 am

I'd get it only if the cars were in scale with the Lego men. and if I was a millionaire with a spare £2000

And I have no idea what you're talking about, so it'd be cool if you could upload it for me.

Lego Dune!
Image

This is malignant for diapered cartoon girls crutches as well

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 am

Man, imagine how big it'd be if it was minifig scale :shock:

And I'll get to uploading it later, with any luck, Megaupload is being a bit crap for me at the moment... :shifty:

Synopsis from the BBC website:

In one of his biggest challenges yet, James attempts to build a full-size house out of Lego.

With thousands of people and over three million Lego bricks, James attempts to do what no-one has ever managed, to build a two-storey house using this colourful toy.

Such an ambitious undertaking is not without its problems and James soon has issues with planning regulations, an interior designer who can't get her Lego furniture to stay in one piece and a structural engineer who tries desperately to stop everything from coming crashing down.


It's actually pretty interesting to watch.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:47 am

Frank wrote:Man, imagine how big it'd be if it was minifig scale :shock:

And I'll get to uploading it later, with any luck, Megaupload is being a bit crap for me at the moment... :shifty:

Synopsis from the BBC website:

In one of his biggest challenges yet, James attempts to build a full-size house out of Lego.

With thousands of people and over three million Lego bricks, James attempts to do what no-one has ever managed, to build a two-storey house using this colourful toy.

Such an ambitious undertaking is not without its problems and James soon has issues with planning regulations, an interior designer who can't get her Lego furniture to stay in one piece and a structural engineer who tries desperately to stop everything from coming crashing down.


It's actually pretty interesting to watch.


I've seen it before, but strawberry float it, I'll watch it again. The entire series was great.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 am

It's 20% uploaded at the moment, claims to have an hour and a bit left.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Here we go!

I had to scale down the file a little (it was 800mb's to start with and would've taken all day.. :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rog » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Frank wrote:Has anyone else ever bought any of these Lego-for-adults sets? :shifty:


I've got the greengrocer from the modular city series. Not very big but the details (inside and out) are the emphasis. That series are where the good builds are, London bridge looks a bit pish.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Frank wrote:Here we go!

I had to scale down the file a little (it was 800mb's to start with and would've taken all day.. :shifty:


Cheers!

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Rog wrote:
Frank wrote:Has anyone else ever bought any of these Lego-for-adults sets? :shifty:


I've got the greengrocer from the modular city series. Not very big but the details (inside and out) are the emphasis. That series are where the good builds are, London bridge looks a bit pish.


Ah, right. I was thinking about getting something like this for my gran a while back, as she's big on dolls houses, and we introduced her to Meccano last year, so she likes the construction-type toys now :shifty:

There's a new special edition train coming out in April, too :o

Image

Presumably to go with the Maersk boat they're still selling.

Looks a bit boring, though. Especially for the price :fp: Give me more like the Emerald Night :wub:

Image
User avatar
Sputnik
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Sputnik » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Boring? That's the best official Lego train I've ever seen.

TBH I've never heard of adult Lego sets before. Whenever I see pictures of something super cool and realistic I always assume it's some custom construction done by some random nerd.

Woah:

http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=10194&cn=233&d=263

There seem to be a lot of especially made Lego pieces for that train, which kind of takes some of the charm away. Still cool, though.

Last edited by Sputnik on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is malignant for diapered cartoon girls crutches as well

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:11 pm

This thing is better:

Image

:wub:

Actually, that's the modified 4-8-4 version :shifty:

I see you've just posted a link to it yourself.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth and 62 guests