The moan about your neighbours thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Frame your neighbours for murder to get rid of them

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes,they can rot in prison for disturbing my peace.
20
80%
No,invite them round for tea and monopoly.
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Squinty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Knoyleo wrote:A couple over the road from us decided to have a massive falling out last Sunday, which culminated in the woman sitting in her car, clearly very pissed, blaring the horn constantly at about half midnight. When other people started telling her to shut up, she just drove off, then came back minutes later and started again. Carried on for about half an hour or so.

They've still not apologised to anyone on the street. :simper:


Seems like the behaviour of a calm and rational individual.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Vermilion » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Squinty wrote:I think I've brought this up before, but when I was a child I sent a letter to Rolf Harris through the school. He never responded, the bastard.


I sent one when i was a teenager (to a BBC show called Animal Hospital), and got a signed postcard from him.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by <]:^D » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:59 pm

maybe you were a more sexy kid

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Squinty » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Squinty wrote:I think I've brought this up before, but when I was a child I sent a letter to Rolf Harris through the school. He never responded, the bastard.


I sent one when i was a teenager (to a BBC show called Animal Hospital), and got a signed postcard from him.


I'm about to go nuclear. Why Rolf Harris, why.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Drumstick » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Parking is a bit of an issue for some people on our new build development. Some people seem to have too many cars for their plot's allocated spaces, some people forego their spaces and park on the road.

Anyway, the development has its own Facebook page which everyone here is a member of. Apparently, last night, someone under the cover of darkness went around all the cars parked on the roads and slapped pre-printed notifications on, which kindly ask the recipient to cease parking on the road. :lol:

Cue lots of bumpain people on the Facebook group posting how pathetic it is.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Vermilion » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Drumstick wrote:Parking is a bit of an issue for some people on our new build development. Some people seem to have too many cars for their plot's allocated spaces, some people forego their spaces and park on the road.


In my cul de sac, there's a little residents car park just around the corner and each space has a house number on, mine has always been used by pretty much everyone in the street even though none of them have ever properly spoken to me. I once repainted the number and it just made them do it all the more. my space has always been fair game it seems.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Rightey » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Squinty wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:A couple over the road from us decided to have a massive falling out last Sunday, which culminated in the woman sitting in her car, clearly very pissed, blaring the horn constantly at about half midnight. When other people started telling her to shut up, she just drove off, then came back minutes later and started again. Carried on for about half an hour or so.

They've still not apologised to anyone on the street. :simper:


Seems like the behaviour of a calm and rational individual.


If you can't handle her at her worst...

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Moggy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Parking is a bit of an issue for some people on our new build development. Some people seem to have too many cars for their plot's allocated spaces, some people forego their spaces and park on the road.


In my cul de sac, there's a little residents car park just around the corner and each space has a house number on, mine has always been used by pretty much everyone in the street even though none of them have ever properly spoken to me. I once repainted the number and it just made them do it all the more. my space has always been fair game it seems.


I’d park somewhere else for a bit and leave lots of nails in your space.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Having a baby and young kids doesn't stop my neighbour playing the TV on max volume, shouting or even singing at gone 11pm. He's multi-tasking and doing all three at the moment.

EDIT: That may not be clear; they have the baby and young kids, not me :lol: .

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:29 am

Errkal wrote:One of my neighbors is a gooseberry fool person but mostly isn't an issue so that fine. The other is very odd, I'm pretty sure his parents bought him the house to get him out of theirs and they come round every day to garden, clean, etc. it's all very odd.


You live next door to Laga?

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Lagamorph » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:33 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Errkal wrote:One of my neighbors is a gooseberry fool person but mostly isn't an issue so that fine. The other is very odd, I'm pretty sure his parents bought him the house to get him out of theirs and they come round every day to garden, clean, etc. it's all very odd.


You live next door to Laga?

As if my parents would do my garden. I have to pay my own gardener for that.

Plus I bought my own house.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Tsunade » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:57 am

Just had the old misery downstairs at my door for over an hour going on about how the electric company sent him my post (they hadn't). He then went on for ages about the council. I'm exhausted already and it's not even 12 yet.

Image
Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by <]:^D » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 pm

he just sounds like he needs a friend; bring him round an Easter egg to cheer him up

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Buffalo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

I don’t understand why you don’t literally just tell him to strawberry float off.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Errkal » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:39 pm

Yeah I don't think it would be patient enough to let him yabber at me.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Buffalo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:43 pm

Some daft auld banana split whinging on to me about nowt when I’m at home would get such short shrift it’s probably...immoral. Tell him to take a jump.

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Vermilion » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:55 pm

I reckon we're gonna need a 'moan about your relatives thread' too at some point.

My own brother completely ignored my birthday yesterday, and today his wife posted on facebook wishing their dog a happy birthday.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Trelliz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Parking is a bit of an issue for some people on our new build development. Some people seem to have too many cars for their plot's allocated spaces, some people forego their spaces and park on the road.


In my cul de sac, there's a little residents car park just around the corner and each space has a house number on, mine has always been used by pretty much everyone in the street even though none of them have ever properly spoken to me. I once repainted the number and it just made them do it all the more. my space has always been fair game it seems.


I’d park somewhere else for a bit and leave lots of nails in your space.


Install one of those fold-down posts to stop anyone parking there with the words "get your own space, banana splits!" on a little sign on it.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Tsunade » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 am

Buffalo wrote:I don’t understand why you don’t literally just tell him to strawberry float off.

I'm 9 months into my tenancy, till I've been here a year any complaint made against me can have me kicked out ASAP, so for the next 3 months I have to be polite and patient.

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:10 am

Drumstick wrote:Parking is a bit of an issue for some people on our new build development. Some people seem to have too many cars for their plot's allocated spaces, some people forego their spaces and park on the road.

Anyway, the development has its own Facebook page which everyone here is a member of. Apparently, last night, someone under the cover of darkness went around all the cars parked on the roads and slapped pre-printed notifications on, which kindly ask the recipient to cease parking on the road. :lol:

Cue lots of bumpain people on the Facebook group posting how pathetic it is.


That is, to be fair, the epitome of passive-aggressive. :lol:

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”