The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Brerlappin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:07 pm

I absolutely slapped a girl in the tit while sparring with her tonight :lol:

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by abcd » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:20 pm

I've been holding off posting up a before and after picture for quite some time now. I felt it was quite vain to take a picture of myself, however, the more I think about it, the more I feel it might encourage people.

If you feel that you're in the middle of exercise and you're wondering why bother, I hope my story my help you to keep going.

Before
Weight 90kg
Waist 36 inch

Image


After
Weight 76kg
Waist less than 32 inch

Image


It was after seeing those pictures of me on the beach that I decided that I had to do something about it. My diet didn't change much, but I just became a bit more aware of what I was eating and whether it was the right thing to eat.

Exercise naturally ramped up. I cycle to work every day, and I also go out at weekends on my road bike.

During the week on my lunch breaks, I head to the gym and do fairly simple exercises. The Ab ripper X part from the P90 programme interspersed with a load of dumbbell exercises. My ideal weight target is to get under 75kg.

Image
User avatar
blackoutHERO
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by blackoutHERO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Amazing work.

eat gooseberry fool glowy
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Brerlappin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Brilliant transformation Stu. Well strawberry floating done

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 pm

That's top class work, Stu. Really well done.

Image Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by That's not a growth » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Great work, how long is there between photos, a year?

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Grumpy David » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 pm

abcd wrote:I've been holding off posting up a before and after picture for quite some time now. I felt it was quite vain to take a picture of myself, however, the more I think about it, the more I feel it might encourage people.

If you feel that you're in the middle of exercise and you're wondering why bother, I hope my story my help you to keep going.

Before
Weight 90kg
Waist 36 inch

Image


After
Weight 76kg
Waist less than 32 inch

Image


It was after seeing those pictures of me on the beach that I decided that I had to do something about it. My diet didn't change much, but I just became a bit more aware of what I was eating and whether it was the right thing to eat.

Exercise naturally ramped up. I cycle to work every day, and I also go out at weekends on my road bike.

During the week on my lunch breaks, I head to the gym and do fairly simple exercises. The Ab ripper X part from the P90 programme interspersed with a load of dumbbell exercises. My ideal weight target is to get under 75kg.


Bloody awesome transformation!!! Well done! :D

Also, you're making my transformation look less impressive! :slol: Seriously good work!

How tall are you and how long did it take to lose 14KG?

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by abcd » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks guys. :D

The before picture was taken in the summer of 2014. However I didn't start training properly till April 2015.

I'm 6ft tall.

I didn't really have any goals per say in the beginning. I just wanted to lose weight. However now that I'm road cycling much more, losing weight is a great way of going faster.

Image
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Mini E » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Fantastic mate - well done!

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Knoyleo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Stupendous work, that's an amazing transformation!

User avatar
blackoutHERO
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by blackoutHERO » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:01 pm

Tried to get a photo of my shirtless self but I look gooseberry fool in the photos compared to IRL for some reason.

eat gooseberry fool glowy
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by That's not a growth » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Well I thought I was doing alright, first weights session yesterday in about 6 months, which includes squats. Could move around fine this morning. Went for a 9km run this afternoon, it's now painful to sit down. Damn.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Rocsteady » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:55 pm

Great work stu, looking shredded like a mummy strawberry floater. On my first deload week since my return to the gym, shoulder was beginning to get sharp shooting pains again so was badly needed. Been a bad weekend for eating but going to get a load of carbs and protein down me the next week then hit 140kg 3x6 on the deadlift. Still rising nicely.

Need to find a new gym too as the previous one was across the city so that might be a challenge.

Image
User avatar
Cuban Pete
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Cuban Pete » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:03 am

Stu :wub:

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Brerlappin » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Image

Saw this the other day and thought it was nuts. BJ Penn jumping out of a friggin swimming pool. Gif is a bit sped up, it looks better in regular speed

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Knoyleo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Wow, that's some explosive power. :shock:

User avatar
blackoutHERO
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by blackoutHERO » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:28 am

wtf

eat gooseberry fool glowy
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Lotus » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Brerlappin wrote:I absolutely slapped a girl in the tit while sparring with her tonight :lol:

When I used to go to MMA classes we'd rotate partners while sparring/grappling, and amongst all us guys there was this one woman who was genuinely about 5ft tall. I'm 6'3" and it was so awkward, not only because of the height difference, but also because you don't feel you can even do a lighter punch/kick. Grappling was worse, when she's got these huge tits in the way and you're trying to not accidentally cop a feel of anything. :slol:

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by Brerlappin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Lotus wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:I absolutely slapped a girl in the tit while sparring with her tonight :lol:

When I used to go to MMA classes we'd rotate partners while sparring/grappling, and amongst all us guys there was this one woman who was genuinely about 5ft tall. I'm 6'3" and it was so awkward, not only because of the height difference, but also because you don't feel you can even do a lighter punch/kick. Grappling was worse, when she's got these huge tits in the way and you're trying to not accidentally cop a feel of anything. :slol:


Yup :lol:
This girl is probably under 5 foot, she's like a legal midget. I'm 6'2", and probably outweigh her by about 100lbs :lol:
She was trying to armbar me and even tho her technique is better than mine I could've just gotten up and walked off the mat with her attached to my arm. I got into side control on top of her and that gooseberry fool just felt strawberry floating weird.

User avatar
blackoutHERO
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The New Fitness & Martial Arts Thread - Post 2016 Goals for OP!
by blackoutHERO » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:18 pm

About 6ft 1, 97kg or so. Rough 1RM are very low, currently sitting at 170/110/230.

Image


I'm liking my weight just now but would like to get to a lean 95kg or so. Want a 180kg squat, 120kg bench and 250kg deadlift at least.

eat gooseberry fool glowy

Return to “Stuff”