Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by DML » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm

FFS! I didnt want to know a team was facing the wrath of HMRC! :x

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Football League Thread - You Won't BELIEVE the latest Championship Manager!
by lex-man » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Clarkman wrote:
lex-man wrote:Things don't look great for AFC we've lost our best players and our new stadium looks to be delayed. It's going to be a tough couple of seasons.


Lack of news on transfers thus far is petrifying. Neal supposedly told someone at Ascot that he's been on the phone since the end of the season, but I'm worried we'll leave it until the last minute and end up with another Lloyd Sam or some other dodgy rubbish.


Listening to the 9 years podcast, they were making the point that pretty much every other league 1 club pays better and we're based in one of the most expensive places to live in the country. Also there is a fair chance we're going to get relegated next season, adding another reason not to come to Wimbledon.

Hopefully we can survive next season get into the new stadium and attract larger crowds and boast our budget enough to be competitive.

User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Zellery » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:18 am

The tax bill is 4m.

Villa already said in a statement that it would be paid in the next 24hrs.

I assume Keith has strawberry floated something up, hence the outstanding bill.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Lotus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:39 am

Too many conflicting stories at the moment to have any clue what's going on. Apparently Keith's suspension isn't related to the tax bill, but a 'plot' to get a new owner in that's been happening while Dr Tony's been off in China. Could all be bollocks though, some of these 'journalists' on twitter just seem to make stuff up.

Image
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Zellery » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Seems Wyness was leading a consortium to buy Villa and was pushing for administration. That's the reason he's been suspended.

Apparently things are looking incredibly bleak. We're struggling to pay a 2m tax bill, with 500k paid today and the rest needed next week.

Villa's 22m overdraft has been removed with Xia apparently not able to get money from China.

This is all what Stan Collymore is hearing.

Says it could be worse than Leeds and Portsmouth. :dread:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Preezy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Clubs get themselves into a right mess sometimes, real shame for the fans as it's always stuff that happens far from the football pitch by incompetent or greedy (or both) stakeholders.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Lotus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Time to start a breakaway club - West Midlands Village - and rise through the leagues to glory. :datass:

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Tomous » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Villa sound proper strawberry floated there :dread:

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Blue Eyes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Poor Villa. They're now just 6/1 to be relegated next season. West Ham should enquire about Grealish. :twisted:

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by PES Fan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:Poor Villa. They're now just 6/1 to be relegated next season. West Ham should enquire about Grealish. :twisted:


You see.

The Dildo brothers aren’t that bad. At the end of day you always need to be cautious about owners like Xia. Nothing was really known about him. Villa fans were elated at the time with Lerner going but it looks like they got someone worse if these rumours are true.

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Blue Eyes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm

PES Fan wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:Poor Villa. They're now just 6/1 to be relegated next season. West Ham should enquire about Grealish. :twisted:


You see.

The Dildo brothers aren’t that bad. At the end of day you always need to be cautious about owners like Xia. Nothing was really known about him. Villa fans were elated at the time with Lerner going but it looks like they got someone worse if these rumours are true.

They may not be as bad as Xia but they're definitely still very gooseberry fool at running a football club.

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by PES Fan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:Poor Villa. They're now just 6/1 to be relegated next season. West Ham should enquire about Grealish. :twisted:


You see.

The Dildo brothers aren’t that bad. At the end of day you always need to be cautious about owners like Xia. Nothing was really known about him. Villa fans were elated at the time with Lerner going but it looks like they got someone worse if these rumours are true.

They may not be as bad as Xia but they're definitely still very gooseberry fool at running a football club.



They not the greatest which is true. But atleast they most likely would leave you in a stable position if they sold up. Compared to the owners you had before them.

Plus you know what you are getting with them. It will be on the cheap so financially you won’t get out of control.

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by PES Fan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Surely the FA need to start taking responsibility for cases like this. Their due diligence checks are clearly not working.

Doesn’t help that Villa have wasters like Agbonlahor and Richards on the wage bill. Both were earning £50k a week apparently.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Foreign investors see the Championship as an easy money gamble. They plough a bit of their own money in, lend the rest on credit terms and then roll the dice. If they win, they're quids in. They fail then they just sell up, recoup their cash from the next idiot or plunge the club into admin. I don't think any amount of due diligence will pick that up.

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Blue Eyes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:02 pm

PES Fan wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:Poor Villa. They're now just 6/1 to be relegated next season. West Ham should enquire about Grealish. :twisted:


You see.

The Dildo brothers aren’t that bad. At the end of day you always need to be cautious about owners like Xia. Nothing was really known about him. Villa fans were elated at the time with Lerner going but it looks like they got someone worse if these rumours are true.

They may not be as bad as Xia but they're definitely still very gooseberry fool at running a football club.



They not the greatest which is true. But atleast they most likely would leave you in a stable position if they sold up. Compared to the owners you had before them.

Plus you know what you are getting with them. It will be on the cheap so financially you won’t get out of control.

Maybe but then again if we got relegated last season we would have been up gooseberry fool creek without a boat right now.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by DML » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:19 am

I expect the same sympathetic treatment Portsmouth got for Villa.

Oh wait...

In all seriousness, sounds pretty bad. Begging for money, lists of all their players being touted to other clubs.

This will keep happening until football gets it's act together.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by DML » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 am

Zellery wrote:Says it could be worse than Leeds and Portsmouth. :dread:


If it's worse than us, then that will mean dead. We were 12 hours from that.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:43 am

I’m confused that there wasn’t more alarm about villa’s finances over the past year. It was well discussed in general a year ago that the Chinese government had put restrictions on overseas investments into things like football clubs yet the implications for villa never seemed to get discussed. My home town team, Northampton, had Chinese investment last summer shortly before the government announcement, it ended up with our current owners taking the share back from them as the money never actually materialised.

I have no clue what Tony Xia’s personal wealth actually is but if he’s struggling to get money out of the country to invest in Villa then I would suggest that it’s not a short term problem. Hopefully for Villa they are able to shift a few heavyweights for a bit of cash that can tide them over in order for them to either restructure into a championship team that they can afford on their decent revenue (ignoring any parachute payments) which must be more than the other clubs or another wealthy owner pops up. But with some potentially big spenders dropping into the championship next season it’s not going to be an easy ride.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Moggy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am

DML wrote:
Zellery wrote:Says it could be worse than Leeds and Portsmouth. :dread:


If it's worse than us, then that will mean dead. We were 12 hours from that.


It could just mean 11 hours from death.

User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - REVEALED! The Latest Team To Face The Wrath of HMRC
by Zellery » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 am

Villa released an official statement yesterday lunch time detailing the facts that their HMRC bill is now paid in full and there are no administrators working with anyone involved with Aston Villa FC.

Hopefully Wyness is fired shortly for being the snake he is.


Return to “Stuff”