Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Parksey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah, as a potential rival, I would rather you had the unknown quantity in Henry than Bruce. Has there been a time when appointing a famous player in their first job has worked?

Apart from when we appointed Bryan Robson and got promoted, obvs as we're great and you're all gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Tomous » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Parksey wrote:Yeah, as a potential rival, I would rather you had the unknown quantity in Henry than Bruce. Has there been a time when appointing a famous player in their first job has worked?

Apart from when we appointed Bryan Robson and got promoted, obvs as we're great and you're all gooseberry fool.


Image

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Moggy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Parksey wrote:Yeah, as a potential rival, I would rather you had the unknown quantity in Henry than Bruce. Has there been a time when appointing a famous player in their first job has worked?

Apart from when we appointed Bryan Robson and got promoted, obvs as we're great and you're all gooseberry fool.


Alan Shearer at Newcastle.

It didn’t work for them but everyone else loved it.

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by PuppetBoy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Roy Keane got us promoted first go, took over a bottom of the league shambles and won the championship. Kept us up the next year too. Okay, he did spend a fortune keeping us there but still. :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Parksey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Image

Look at that, you can tell he was the player-manager. Half and half, bloody marvellous.

It's great, because if he dropped a player, he could sit behind his desk and everyone would just think he was wearing a suit and he could have difficult managerial conversations like : "I'm sorry son, you aren't playing today". And the player can say, "What?! Really? Who's playing ahead of gaffer?" and then Robbo stands up, moves away from the desk and says "I bloody am" then grabs some fags and a pint and runs off to play centre mid.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Moggy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:35 pm

He was so good that he didn’t need boots.

User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Parksey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Wearing football boots during a manager unveiling? He didn't want to look bloody ridiculous, Moggy. He wasn't a full kit wanker or John Terry.

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Mini E » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Parksey wrote:Image

Look at that, you can tell he was the player-manager. Half and half, bloody marvellous.

It's great, because if he dropped a player, he could sit behind his desk and everyone would just think he was wearing a suit and he could have difficult managerial conversations like : "I'm sorry son, you aren't playing today". And the player can say, "What?! Really? Who's playing ahead of gaffer?" and then Robbo stands up, moves away from the desk and says "I bloody am" then grabs some fags and a pint and runs off to play centre mid.


What an incredible photo that is.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Tomous » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Mini E wrote:
Parksey wrote:Image

Look at that, you can tell he was the player-manager. Half and half, bloody marvellous.

It's great, because if he dropped a player, he could sit behind his desk and everyone would just think he was wearing a suit and he could have difficult managerial conversations like : "I'm sorry son, you aren't playing today". And the player can say, "What?! Really? Who's playing ahead of gaffer?" and then Robbo stands up, moves away from the desk and says "I bloody am" then grabs some fags and a pint and runs off to play centre mid.


What an incredible photo that is.


It really is. Amazing.

User avatar
evanswolves
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by evanswolves » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Villa using us as a model fo next season, getting Mendes to help with transfers and such... Hope theyll be reporting themselves to the fa/efl :slol: :slol: :slol: :slol:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:49 pm

The season starts in two days :shock: how the strawberry float has that happened?!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Moggy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:The season starts in two days :shock: how the strawberry float has that happened?!


I know! I was wondering this morning when the first games were and then realised it’s this weekend.

At this rate it’ll only feel like a few weeks until Villa are relegated.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm

2018/19 Championship kits ranked

Hard to argue too much with this ;).

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:2018/19 Championship kits ranked

Hard to argue too much with this ;).


I'd take that league placement. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Spindash » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:2018/19 Championship kits ranked

Hard to argue too much with this ;).


1. Wigan
2. QPR
3. Norwich

User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Finish.Last » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

Man, I really want to put a bet on something for some reason all of a sudden.

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by DML » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Spindash wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:2018/19 Championship kits ranked

Hard to argue too much with this ;).


1. Wigan
2. QPR
3. Norwich


Wigan? That's the worst one!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Tomous » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:07 pm

So....many....betting sites

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:55 pm

DML wrote:
Spindash wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:2018/19 Championship kits ranked

Hard to argue too much with this ;).


1. Wigan
2. QPR
3. Norwich


Wigan? That's the worst one!


It's like an old JJB store front. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Football League Thread - EXPOSED! The Weirdest Argument In The League Football Thread History?
by more heat than light » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:19 am

I really like the West Brom kit but the sponsor absolutely ruins it. I think that list is pretty accurate really, our kit is gash. :-(

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D_C, Finish.Last, Google [Bot], Grumpy David, Kanbei, lex-man, Moz, Preezy, Return_of_the_STAR, Robbo-92, Wrathy and 65 guests