Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by BTB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 pm

So seems that Fernandez and Amat are leaving today.... meaning we've had 4 CBs leave this summer, with none (that I can think of) coming in?

Madness.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Drumstick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't understand Spurs' interest in Grealish. It reeks of desperation, he is a waste of space.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Tomous » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:07 pm

BTB wrote:So seems that Fernandez and Amat are leaving today.... meaning we've had 4 CBs leave this summer, with none (that I can think of) coming in?

Madness.


The club managed to quickly ruin the first bit of feelgood optimism in years that last Saturday bought.

Went into the window with 5 centre backs and finishing it with 1. Now we have to use the loan market to replace and will be short at least this Saturday.

Absolutely absurd situation and shows just how desperate they are for cash. It's a disgrace that Huw Jenkins is still in a job after all the bad decisions he's made.

User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by GrinWithoutaKat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Tomous wrote:
BTB wrote:So seems that Fernandez and Amat are leaving today.... meaning we've had 4 CBs leave this summer, with none (that I can think of) coming in?

Madness.


The club managed to quickly ruin the first bit of feelgood optimism in years that last Saturday bought.

Went into the window with 5 centre backs and finishing it with 1. Now we have to use the loan market to replace and will be short at least this Saturday.

Absolutely absurd situation and shows just how desperate they are for cash. It's a disgrace that Huw Jenkins is still in a job after all the bad decisions he's made.


Spot on. I posted in here on Saturday how I felt good about the club for the first time in 3 years, because we looked decent and it seemed like 3 quality players would be getting added to that, with two good players coming back from injury. All turned sour this afternoon.

There's no way this is on Jenkins though. It's the Americans. We were always a way to make money for them. Make all this money from transfers but won't spend 6m to bring in a quality DM. Fulton looks like he's off too, so who exactly is going to play in the middle for us on the weekend?

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Tomous » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Doesn’t look like Fulton is happening. Will be the same team I imagine except Rodon (gulp) in for Fernandez.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:48 am

OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


I’m amazed Wigan have let go of him, he was a strong part of the team that tore League One a new arsehole last season.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Moggy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

BTB wrote:So seems that Fernandez and Amat are leaving today.... meaning we've had 4 CBs leave this summer, with none (that I can think of) coming in?

Madness.


I met a Swansea fan the other day, he was furious about all the defenders leaving. “Amat the end of my tether,” he said.

Image Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.

:lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.


It's the only appropriate middle name for someone called Max Power.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Moggy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.


It's the only appropriate middle name for someone called Max Power.


I bet he is amazing at fitting bodykits to early 90s Fiestas. :datass:

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 am

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.


It's the only appropriate middle name for someone called Max Power.


I bet he is amazing at fitting bodykits to early 90s Fiestas. :datass:


All I know is he has the name that you want to touch, but you mustn't touch.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Moggy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:OMG we've signed a player called Max strawberry floating Power.


That's a weird middle name.


It's the only appropriate middle name for someone called Max Power.


I bet he is amazing at fitting bodykits to early 90s Fiestas. :datass:


All I know is he has the name that you want to touch, but you mustn't touch.


He’s got LED lighting on the bottom of his boots and keeps talking about needing more “Nos” whatever that is.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am

In all seriousness, he's a great signing. Loan only for now, looking to become permanent in January.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by KingK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Welcome to our 12th & 13th signings of the window - Michael Hefele on a permanent from Huddersfield, and just in the last hour, Sam Byram finally confirmed on a season long loan from West Ham after weeks of us pursuing him

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news ... t-on-loan/

Have to say this window has just been fantastic for us:
GK: Pantilimon (Perm)
GK: Steele (Perm)
RB: Byram (Season Long Loan)
LB: Robinson (Perm)
CB: Figuerido (Perm)
CB: Dawson (Perm)
CB: Hefele (Perm)
MID: Colback (SLL)
MID: Dias (SLL)
MID: Goncalves (SLL)
MID: Carvalho (Perm)
STR: Soudani (Perm)
STR: Grabban (Perm)

Reading at home tomorrow :nod: If we play like we did on Tues vs WBA then tomorrow could be fun

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Robbo-92 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:11 am

Hoping we can at least get a point from our trip to QPR today, would be nice to get off 0 points!

Image

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Does anyone know where I may be able to watch the Sunderland game without having to pay?

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Does anyone know where I may be able to watch the Sunderland game without having to pay?


Try this mate:

http://bfy.tw/JMti

;)

Image Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - INSIDE! The Club Everyone Loves To Hate?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Does anyone know where I may be able to watch the Sunderland game without having to pay?


Try this mate:

http://bfy.tw/JMti

;)


Cool, a bunch of news sites telling me that I can't watch the official SAFC stream! Thanks, that's totally what I asked for!

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, KK, Snowcannon, Superking and 58 guests