Android Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Android Thread
by Kezzer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:If the note 7 didn't blow up I'd recommend that. I think you'll have better luck buying a 6 inch phone. The tablet market seems to have dried up, unless you fancy something like the pixel c but it's pretty steep.



agree.

wait and see what happens in the next few months. Samsung have their S8 line up coming out in Feb
Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V |
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Xeno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Knoyleo wrote:My OP3 updated to new firmware today. Now all the icons look tiny, and I can't work out how to put it on vibrate.


The icons should be sorted by going to settings > display >display size. For vibrate go in to settings > alert slider.

Rumour has it we find out the battery was the cause for the Note7 issues tomorrow.
User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Ryallback
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Android Thread
by Johnny Ryall » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:59 pm

I read it was them not giving enough space around the battery for it to breathe, which was why when they recalled it and changed battery supplier it still happened? Either way it's Samsung's fault and if they try and blame a battery company they'll go down in my estimation. Own your mess.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster / Drummy

PostRe: Android Thread
by Drumstick » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:08 pm

I've no idea what you lot are talking are talking about with the small icons. I got the update and nothing has changed aesthetically.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Xeno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:16 pm

I like my icons small so I knew what setting to change.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Xeno wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:My OP3 updated to new firmware today. Now all the icons look tiny, and I can't work out how to put it on vibrate.


The icons should be sorted by going to settings > display >display size. For vibrate go in to settings > alert slider.

Rumour has it we find out the battery was the cause for the Note7 issues tomorrow.

Cheers.

Not a fan of them changing the volume setting like that. I much preferred just being able to turn the volume down to off, rather than having to use the three way slider, now. Not that I ever used the old priority only mode, but I'm sure some people must have, so it seems odd to get rid of it.
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by That's not a growth » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Xeno wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:My OP3 updated to new firmware today. Now all the icons look tiny, and I can't work out how to put it on vibrate.


The icons should be sorted by going to settings > display >display size. For vibrate go in to settings > alert slider.

Rumour has it we find out the battery was the cause for the Note7 issues tomorrow.


I thought it was Sunday, but might be wrong. Should be interesting either way.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Xeno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 pm

So it was. I am looking forward to seeing how they wriggle out of this one.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Xeno » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am

Apparently it will be at 1am UK time tomorrow so 10am in Seoul.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:00 am

Has anyone had problems with Bluetooth headphones on the 3T? I have to unpair my Soundlink 35 headphones each time I want to use them as there's no sound when I switch them on again.
Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: Android Thread
by darksideby182 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Woo my LG G4 has just got the boot loop issue yay LG
Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread
by LewisD » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Got my Oneplus 3T today.

Ooooh..
Feels nice compared to my HTC One M8
User avatar
evanswolves
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by evanswolves » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 pm

So my Nexus 7 (2012) finally died on me last night, was on opera and it just switched itself off and wont turn back on, plug it into my pc and it shows up in device manager as APX, nexus root toolkit doesnt see it, a look onlinw suggests un plugging the battery then plug it back in, did all that but alas, nothing! so yeah thats that then by the looks...
Been looking for a replacement today and the selection of android tablets is awful! only 1 iv come across that isnt stupidly expensive or absolute shite is the Nvidia K1. Anyone here have 1?
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by HSH28 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:34 pm

evanswolves wrote:So my Nexus 7 (2012) finally died on me last night, was on opera and it just switched itself off and wont turn back on, plug it into my pc and it shows up in device manager as APX, nexus root toolkit doesnt see it, a look onlinw suggests un plugging the battery then plug it back in, did all that but alas, nothing! so yeah thats that then by the looks...
Been looking for a replacement today and the selection of android tablets is awful! only 1 iv come across that isnt stupidly expensive or absolute shite is the Nvidia K1. Anyone here have 1?


Don't have one, but it is the tablet to get under £200. Just got Nougat too.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/nvidia-shi ... -0-nougat/
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Android Thread
by Lagamorph » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Android tablets seemed pretty sparse last year. We wanted to get a new Sony one for my dad since he's a Sony fanboy, but their last tablet released in 2014 or 2015.
I'm hoping there's a few better releases this year.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Slayerx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Oxygen 4.0.3 is out.
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by satriales » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:29 pm

darksideby182 wrote:Woo my LG G4 has just got the boot loop issue yay LG

I got this just before Xmas. I had owned the phone for 18 months so thought I was stuffed but when I checked the site I had bought it from (mobiles.co.uk) it actually had a 24 month warranty.

So I called LG and they sent a courier to pick it up. Took a couple of weeks and I got a replacement.

Unfortunately I have just cracked the screen on my new one but the phone still works fine. I'll be looking to upgrade to S8 or LG G6 in the next couple of months.
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: Android Thread
by darksideby182 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:17 am

satriales wrote:
darksideby182 wrote:Woo my LG G4 has just got the boot loop issue yay LG

I got this just before Xmas. I had owned the phone for 18 months so thought I was stuffed but when I checked the site I had bought it from (mobiles.co.uk) it actually had a 24 month warranty.

So I called LG and they sent a courier to pick it up. Took a couple of weeks and I got a replacement.

Unfortunately I have just cracked the screen on my new one but the phone still works fine. I'll be looking to upgrade to S8 or LG G6 in the next couple of months.

Mine done it after about 10 months of owning but LG were very good in getting it sorted the only annoying issue was that I've had to buy a new phone so I've a pretty good condition LG G4 for sale.
Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread
by Hime » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:50 am

Finally got my S7 back. Having had to go back to using the m8 for a little while has made me appreciate how big of an upgrade the S7 is, such a better phone.
Image
SugarCubes
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread
by SugarCubes » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Do you still need a wifi internet connection to use those screen casting dongles? I've got an old Galaxy S5 that I want to use as media / Kodi player but I'm not sure which chinese dongle to buy.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Peter Crisp, Rightey and 31 guests