The Official F1 2016 Thread - Shocking announcement page 58

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Mini E » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Your naivety has become somewhat endearing :wub:

With the rule changes, next season could be really interesting though! I don't think I said that last season!

User avatar
Roonmastor
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Roonmastor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Anyone playing Motorsport Manager on PC? It's basically Football Manager (and published by Sega) but for F1. I got my first podium by finishing 4th and a competitor being penalised by the stewards promoting me to 3rd. So it's pretty realistic!

User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by floydfreak » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Really why :fp: :fp: :fp:

The idiocy continues

F1 teams agree to standing starts after safety car periods for 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... s-for-2017
Formula 1 teams and Bernie Ecclestone have agreed in principle to introduce standing starts after safety car periods from 2017 onwards.

All 11 team principals met with F1 boss Ecclestone for a 30-minute meeting in the Abu Dhabi paddock on Friday afternoon.

The idea of restarting the race from the grid after a safety car period was tabled and Autosport understands it was met with agreement from all.

It is believed support was given because it is felt standing starts will improve the show, especially given the start of the race is the most watched part of a broadcast.

The finer details of the proposals still need to be finalised.

When asked for comment, the FIA said any proposal would need to go through due process before being ratified at the World Motor Sport Council.

That means the Strategy Group and F1 Commission need to approve it first before it is put forward to the WMSC, which next meets on November 30 in Vienna.

Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Ad7 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:38 am

floydfreak wrote:Really why :fp: :fp: :fp:

The idiocy continues

F1 teams agree to standing starts after safety car periods for 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... s-for-2017
Formula 1 teams and Bernie Ecclestone have agreed in principle to introduce standing starts after safety car periods from 2017 onwards.

All 11 team principals met with F1 boss Ecclestone for a 30-minute meeting in the Abu Dhabi paddock on Friday afternoon.

The idea of restarting the race from the grid after a safety car period was tabled and Autosport understands it was met with agreement from all.

It is believed support was given because it is felt standing starts will improve the show, especially given the start of the race is the most watched part of a broadcast.

The finer details of the proposals still need to be finalised.

When asked for comment, the FIA said any proposal would need to go through due process before being ratified at the World Motor Sport Council.

That means the Strategy Group and F1 Commission need to approve it first before it is put forward to the WMSC, which next meets on November 30 in Vienna.


Follow accidents with accident makers :fp:

User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by floydfreak » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 am

Ad7 wrote:
floydfreak wrote:Really why :fp: :fp: :fp:

The idiocy continues

F1 teams agree to standing starts after safety car periods for 2017

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... s-for-2017
Formula 1 teams and Bernie Ecclestone have agreed in principle to introduce standing starts after safety car periods from 2017 onwards.

All 11 team principals met with F1 boss Ecclestone for a 30-minute meeting in the Abu Dhabi paddock on Friday afternoon.

The idea of restarting the race from the grid after a safety car period was tabled and Autosport understands it was met with agreement from all.

It is believed support was given because it is felt standing starts will improve the show, especially given the start of the race is the most watched part of a broadcast.

The finer details of the proposals still need to be finalised.

When asked for comment, the FIA said any proposal would need to go through due process before being ratified at the World Motor Sport Council.

That means the Strategy Group and F1 Commission need to approve it first before it is put forward to the WMSC, which next meets on November 30 in Vienna.


Follow accidents with accident makers :fp:

If you're going to stop the race anyway and have a restart, the safety car has no purpose whatsoever. Why not just get rid of it completely and red flag and restart as required?

So how's it going to work? An incident happens, the safety car comes out for a period, say five laps, until it's all sorted, then they form up and restart. What's the point of that bit behind the safety car? Absolutely nothing. It's beyond ridiculous. Why not just stop straight away? This i a classic case of F1 at its best finding a stupid solution for a problem that never existed in the first place.

All we need next is this
Image

No German race next year
http://www.givemesport.com/924746-formu ... -III-1sted

Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Mini E » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Pity we don't have double points this time around....


:shifty:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Ad7 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Mini E wrote:Pity we don't have double points this time around....


:shifty:


:lol:

No max, there goes any hope of bumping rosberg to 4th

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Ad7 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:34 pm

BLOLtton

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by KK » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:48 pm

I wonder if Hamilton will be hanging out the back of Rita Ora later.

[/RichardKeys]

Image
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by floydfreak » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Formula zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Ad7 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:20 pm

This is gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Memento Mori » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:25 pm

JoLOLyon Palmer

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Memento Mori » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Rosberg :lol:

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by KK » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Gotta love these awkward moments. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Ad7 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Dat frost

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:01 pm

So happy for Rosberg.

Glad that banana split Hamilton lost.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Death's Head » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:03 pm

I'd have been really pissed if Hamilton had caused an accident at the end (Vettel taking out Rosberg as an example). Exciting last few laps though.

Yes?
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Hyperion » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:05 pm

DC you troll

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Lotus » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Yes Nico!

Pleased he won in the end, so much more likeable than Hamilton.

Stunningly dull race though, until the last couple of laps. Shame that a boring race is the default now, and it's a rare surprise when a race is actually entertaining. Can't see it changing next year, but who knows.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Official F1 2016 Thread - Brazil Nov 13th
by Hyperion » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Boring champion for a boring sport

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, Bunni, Garth, Google [Bot], ignition, Johnny Jalfrezi, Photek, Preezy, RichardUK, Rik_, Robbo-92, Snowcannon, That's not a growth, Vermilion, Yoshimi and 70 guests