Page 377 of 382

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 pm
by massimo
Delusibeta wrote:
massimo wrote:Anyone see the iBooks2 and iTunes U announcements? Looks very interesting. There is a load of stuff on there now from open university.

iTunes U is old hat, and iBooks 2 sounds like an update quite honestly.

Well... yeah. It's an update to iBooks.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 pm
by Mockmaster
Can someone recommend me an excellent free text messaging app for iPhone?

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 pm
by Mafro
Mockmaster wrote:Can someone recommend me an excellent free text messaging app for iPhone?

biteSMS if your phone is jailbroken http://bitesms.com/

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm
by Mockmaster
Mafro wrote:
Mockmaster wrote:Can someone recommend me an excellent free text messaging app for iPhone?

biteSMS if your phone is jailbroken http://bitesms.com/


Thanks but sadly it is not.

I've tried TextPlus which is ok but it is buggy as hell and suffers from major lag.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 am
by BID0
I seem to have fixed the home button on mine.

  • Take the plastic back off by removing the 2 screws at the dock connector. The back should then slide upwards slightly and then off.
  • Fold a small piece of paper up, placing it behind where the home button is situated, between the phone and the back cover.
  • Place back panel back again and screw up.

It's so simple even Frank should be able to pull it off.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 am
by Mafro
I wonder how Frank's visit to the Apple Store went. Haven't seen anything about it on the news or anything.

The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 am
by Frank
Haven't actually been yet :fp: Keep putting it off.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:08 am
by Ad7
Frank wrote:Haven't actually been yet :fp: Keep putting it off.


Do they turn all the lights off when they see you coming?

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 pm
by Mafro
[s]Still no Windows GUI version of the jailbreak[/s] :fp:

Oh it is out, they just didn't bother saying so anywhere obvious on the website.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 pm
by Jonathan86
Does anyone else think it's exceptionally retarded how well OS X handles upgrades, and yet how poorly iOS does?

Mac OS - Pop in the new CD, it upgrades the OS and all your files and programs are safe
iOS - Sorry guys, going to have to wipe everything off in order to patch in this 100Meg file ...

Oh, and the really retarded thing is that there is no option in iTunes itself to tell it where to back-up to. It insists on using my already overcrowded C: drive instead of my other drive with oodles of space. I realise there are certain 'hacks' you can use where it points to another location, but not including a user-friendly options is a downright stupid oversight.

Infuriating stuff

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 pm
by Frank
Jonathan86 wrote:Oh, and the really retarded thing is that there is no option in iTunes itself to tell it where to back-up to. It insists on using my already overcrowded C: drive instead of my other drive with oodles of space. I realise there are certain 'hacks' you can use where it points to another location, but not including a user-friendly options is a downright stupid oversight.


Yeah, that is just absolutely baffling. Possibly the pinnacle of Apple's ridiculous "Oh, we know what's best for you" programming. Took me hours to figure out how to finally get it to back up properly :fp:

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 pm
by Mini E
Anyone know how to block unknown numbers from being able to call you on the O2 iPhone 4?

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 pm
by Twitchynipples
Thinking about trading in my iphone 4 for an Ipad anyone think its a good move? any experience?

Love my iphone jailbroken and use it everyday. Browsing net at work etc. But I got a shot of an Ipad and thought it was amazing.

Was thinking about gettting a cheap android phone and piggy back the 3g connection so I could get the cheaper option of just a WiFi model. Any reccomended phones?

Still not sure what to do. Don't know if I just want an Ipad because it's new!

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 pm
by darksideby182
BID0 wrote:I seem to have fixed the home button on mine.

  • Take the plastic back off by removing the 2 screws at the dock connector. The back should then slide upwards slightly and then off.
  • Fold a small piece of paper up, placing it behind where the home button is situated, between the phone and the back cover.
  • Place back panel back again and screw up.

It's so simple even Frank should be able to pull it off.


Just done this took me longer to find a screwdiver to fit the screws , seems to be working well

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm
by massimo
Twitchynipples wrote:Thinking about trading in my iphone 4 for an Ipad anyone think its a good move? any experience?

Love my iphone jailbroken and use it everyday. Browsing net at work etc. But I got a shot of an Ipad and thought it was amazing.

Was thinking about gettting a cheap android phone and piggy back the 3g connection so I could get the cheaper option of just a WiFi model. Any reccomended phones?

Still not sure what to do. Don't know if I just want an Ipad because it's new!

Right now, I'd say wait. Sure, people always say that, but I think we'll probably be hearing about iPad 3 soon with it's rumoured retina display.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 pm
by Jonathan86
Anyone else experienced the iOS 5 music sorting bug? The music app isn't arranging the artists alphabetically correctly. For example, AC/DC appears under B, Blur under D.

Tried going into the music settings and switching off 'sort by album artist', but no avail.

Any ideas?

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 pm
by CitizenErased
Jonathan86 wrote:Anyone else experienced the iOS 5 music sorting bug? The music app isn't arranging the artists alphabetically correctly. For example, AC/DC appears under B, Blur under D.

Tried going into the music settings and switching off 'sort by album artist', but no avail.

Any ideas?


Had a bunch of similar issues with my iPod and iPhone in the past, normally fixed it by Settings > General > Reset all settings.

Failing that, clear all music off the device and re-sync.

The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm
by Frank
Booked an appointment with a Genius for next Monday (!) about my crappy dock connector.

Was hoping to book for this Friday, but there were no available slots :fp:

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm
by Ad7
'genius' :fp:

Its a guy who works in a strawberry floating shop.

EDIT: Not a dig at you btw Frank, just the absurd marketing crap.

Re: The Official iPod Touch & iPhone Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm
by massimo
Ad7 wrote:'genius' :fp:

Its a guy who works in a strawberry floating shop.

EDIT: Not a dig at you btw Frank, just the absurd marketing crap.

Does it really upset you that much? I guess they could call them Apple 'Know a little bit more than the average shopper', doesn't have the same ring to it though.