The real man's drink: Whisky

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Mafrozen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Got some of that Highland Park for Christmas it's really nice.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Dual » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Thinking of investing in a bottle of Talisker 10 Years Old. Seems like a good all rounder with a lots of awards.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Dual » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 pm


BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by BORbles » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:35 pm

I really like Chivas Regal 12 year old whisky. :datass:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by shadow202 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Go to whiskey is Bushmills Blackbush but I do treat myself to a bottle of 10 year from time to time. Would love to try the 16 year but can't find a bottle at a decent price.

User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by *<]:^D » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 pm

is bourbon talk allowed in here? :shifty:

User avatar
20%
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by 20% » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 pm

<]:^D wrote:is bourbon talk allowed in here? :shifty:


Image

Image
User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by *<]:^D » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:34 pm

:'(

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: The real man's drink: Whisky
by shadow202 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

&lt;]:^D wrote:is bourbon talk allowed in here? :shifty:
What bourbon do you drink? I don't mind a makers mark every now and then

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Dual » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:07 am

<]:^D wrote:is bourbon talk allowed in here? :shifty:


I like Bulleit Bourbon. Really good for making Old Fashioned cocktails and drinking neat.

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by shadow202 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Decided I'd try some new whiskey over December. I bought quiet man which is an Irish whiskey and then I bought my first bottle of scotch whisky, Ardmore because I have found when out and trying whiskey scotch has always been inferior to Irish

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Preezy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 pm

What would you all recommend to someone that has only had Drambuie and is looking to make the step into the world of proper whisky?

Image
User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: The real man's drink: Whisky
by shadow202 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Preezy wrote:What would you all recommend to someone that has only had Drambuie and is looking to make the step into the world of proper whisky?
Blackbush or the 10 year Bushmills, can't go wrong with either.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:55 pm

I have a bottle of Highland Park at home but I find it a bit sort of harsh, whats a good way to mellow it out a bit without ruining it entirely ?

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Preezy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:58 pm

shadow202 wrote:
Preezy wrote:What would you all recommend to someone that has only had Drambuie and is looking to make the step into the world of proper whisky?
Blackbush or the 10 year Bushmills, can't go wrong with either.

Thanks for the tip I will have to check that out. I've had a bit of whisky on occasion but always found it to be quite...I dunno...medicinal (maybe? hard to describe), whereas with Drambuie I can still taste the whisky but it's smothered in sweetness and honey flavours so is more drinkable, but I realise that as a liquer that's kind of the point.

Image
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by still » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Preezy wrote:What would you all recommend to someone that has only had Drambuie and is looking to make the step into the world of proper whisky?


Something gentle like Glenmorangie:-

https://www.glenmorangie.com/en-uk/our- ... e-original

In other news I treated myself at the local to Lagavulin 16, Ardbeg and an Japanese one I can't remember... the other night. All three sheer nectar.

User avatar
20%
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by 20% » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Errkal wrote:I have a bottle of Highland Park at home but I find it a bit sort of harsh, whats a good way to mellow it out a bit without ruining it entirely ?


Highland park is beautiful (my favourite).
However some folks do find it too harsh...

A pipette amount of water will even it out. Not too much though.
Or give it to me and try Macallan instead.

Image
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:18 pm

LewisD wrote:
Errkal wrote:I have a bottle of Highland Park at home but I find it a bit sort of harsh, whats a good way to mellow it out a bit without ruining it entirely ?


Highland park is beautiful (my favourite).
However some folks do find it too harsh...

A pipette amount of water will even it out. Not too much though.
Or give it to me and try Macallan instead.


I shall give that a go :)

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by shadow202 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 am

So quiet man is a good whiskey, another solid Irish whiskey and finally in Belfast a whiskey specialist off-licence has opened (only this year, what a disgrace) plan on visiting it before Christmas and hopefully pick up some roe and co which is a whiskey I've wanted to try for a while. Apparently Bushmills do a whiskey called red bush but seems to be in America only which is bullshit I live in the island that you brew your whiskey, about four hours away and I can't get a bottle strawberry float that.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The real man's drink: Whisky
by rinks » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am

shadow202 wrote:Apparently Bushmills do a whiskey called red bush but seems to be in America only which is bullshit I live in the island that you brew your whiskey, about four hours away and I can't get a bottle strawberry float that.

It's just been launched over here.

https://www.fairleys-wines.co.uk/irish- ... sh-whiskey

http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/ ... s-1189637/

This is the death of intelligence

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CitizenErased, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests