The Rock Band Thread vol.2 | Week 3: The year was 2009... [PS4/X1/Rift]

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1 [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:49 am

Far too many, yeah. It's amazing that Rock You Like a Hurricane isn't on RB yet, I thought it would be a prime candidate.

Been doing a bit of grinding on the RB4 disc tracks - it's been fun learning how to end squeeze and now I'm getting the hang of it I've managed to re-crack the top 20(I was 14th at one point). The top ten is too big an ask, but it would certainly be great to get back to where I was about eighteen months ago!

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1 [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:58 pm



strawberry float yeh pretty good week, best in a while :datass: I was listening to Bad Company a few weeks ago and requested this among others, I don't suppose their turn around time is that good mind :shifty: I actually thought we had that particular Bad Company track so had to check if it was a rewind somehow.

  • Del Amitri - Roll to Me
  • Bad Company - Bad Company

    Season Pass 5:
  • Week 1: Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
  • Week 2: Del Amitri - Roll to Me

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Good Scottish band, and a great song from them too. :wub:

Image Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 am

Spotlights are:

Del Amitri - Roll To Me
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Van Halen - Panama

Theme is road trips.

Image Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Managed to get a sealed copy of the Rock abandoned track pack 2 - means I have access to Snow(Hey Oh) which I previously bought but apparently don’t have access to re-download. Also 15 other songs. Excellent.

Image Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Frank » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Anyone else got another 8GB update to download or is it just my Xbox being stupid?

Yeah so it's just downloaded the February update again? Harmonix wtf

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 am

Mine was a bit weird loading up last night hit it seems to be running ok and hasn’t had to download anything other than the advertised update.

This week’s challenge songs are excellent - two of them are capped for vocal scoring(though Panama is super difficult to hit the capped top score) so it looks like it will be a straight shoot out on Interstate Love Song for the medal placements. A silver medal is just as good as a Bloodstone one when you’re competing against the same people, right? Right? :shifty:

Image Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:03 pm

FYI - if you don't have the Track Pack 2 and want the DLC off it(Snow by RHCP is on there and currently de-listed), Music Magpie are selling sealed copies on Amazon for less than a tenner at the moment.

Image Image
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by TigaSefi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am

Good luck playing that song! :dread: :dread: :dread:

Rock Band track pack 1 had some excellent songs that have been delisted. Seems rarer than rocking horse gooseberry fool.

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 am

Seems like Microsoft have stopped fixing old DLC again, we had a nice amount of progress recently that I thought they were going plow through and finish up the last 20-30 tracks :fp:

Track Pack 1 only existed on PS2 I think which is maybe why it's so rare.

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by TigaSefi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:44 am

Where did you read that ?

And massive :fp: on my part for RB TP 1

Stone Temple Pilots songs confuses me. I get that I bought STP Pack 1 and a ton of others that were either on-disc or part of a bundle but I am sure I would have got Interstate Love Song from 2008 at some point :/

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 am

TigaSefi wrote:Where did you read that ?

And massive :fp: on my part for RB TP 1

Stone Temple Pilots songs confuses me. I get that I bought STP Pack 1 and a ton of others that were either on-disc or part of a bundle but I am sure I would have got Interstate Love Song from 2008 at some point :/

I can't remember now, I just remember that the Xbox 360 and PS3 didn't get the early track packs as the concept for them were to add songs on the consoles that didn't have DLC (PS2, Wii) but then they brought them to other consoles I guess for people without internet.

DLC broken entitlements list = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1669096662

There are no Stone Temple Pilots in that list on Xbox, are you sure you bought them? Didn't buy them on another gamertag account?

If it's still for sale check the Xbox.com store pages to see if they're listed as "purchased"

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:12 am

TigaSefi wrote:Good luck playing that song! :dread: :dread: :dread:

Rock Band track pack 1 had some excellent songs that have been delisted. Seems rarer than rocking horse gooseberry fool.


It wasn’t released on XBox sadly.

And yeah Snow is mental on guitar! My hands are too strawberry floated up now to play anything of any significant difficulty on - I got it mostly for singing - it’s not the easiest song but it is fun and yields massive pointage.

Shame about the DLC not fixing, I can’t look at the list on my phone but from memory the vast majority of unfixed songs are either from small bands(so potentially not worth it) or are available on the 30 song mega pack.

BID0 wrote:hello!


Quoting BID0 as you’ve got a great percentage of RB achievements - which ones are now unobtainable on RB3?

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
TigaSefi wrote:Good luck playing that song! :dread: :dread: :dread:

Rock Band track pack 1 had some excellent songs that have been delisted. Seems rarer than rocking horse gooseberry fool.


It wasn’t released on XBox sadly.

And yeah Snow is mental on guitar! My hands are too strawberry floated up now to play anything of any significant difficulty on - I got it mostly for singing - it’s not the easiest song but it is fun and yields massive pointage.

Shame about the DLC not fixing, I can’t look at the list on my phone but from memory the vast majority of unfixed songs are either from small bands(so potentially not worth it) or are available on the 30 song mega pack.

They will be fixed eventually, it just looked like Microsoft were on a roll early this year and it's now gone cold again. If they had kept that momentum going then we probably would have had them all fixed by the end of next month. Like you say though, they're mostly Harmonix bands now that were offered as bonus tracks on the discs or as downloads. And if you buy the 30 pack then you have them all and more already.

Corazon de Leon wrote:
BID0 wrote:hello!


Quoting BID0 as you’ve got a great percentage of RB achievements - which ones are now unobtainable on RB3?

Just the one technically, it's for linking your game with the Harmonix website for stats (the link to the website now doesn't exist). Then if you want to count the 5 or so for using "pro" instrument controllers, they require you to buy specific hardware.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:54 am

Ah I’ve got that one, and also the Vesuvius song that was delisted that renders the free songs achievement defunct so everything should be do-able. I am considering picking up a pro controller at some stage...

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Did you not really play it much? I need to go back and tackle those pro ones, they're a real bitch all round though. I think I was pretty close on the keyboard training before it jumped up to insanely hard, and likewise for the drum trainer :cry:

Guitar and Bass is fairly doable because that's a case of playing the on disc songs and get stars on them

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by TigaSefi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm

It's available for $1.99 for me so I guess i never had it. No matter as we're good on that song. Gold on every song this week which is nice. I have played a few more songs this am to keep us firmly in the green.

I hated the Pro keyboard and guitar achievements for RB3 :| :evil:

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:19 pm

TigaSefi wrote:It's available for $1.99 for me so I guess i never had it. No matter as we're good on that song. Gold on every song this week which is nice. I have played a few more songs this am to keep us firmly in the green.

I hated the Pro keyboard and guitar achievements for RB3 :| :evil:

When you're next in the RB4 in game store, search for the specific song and when it's selected there's a button/option to see which bundles it's in... see if it says "owned" on any of those bundles (if it is part of any DLC packs), if there's a price next to it then yeh you never bought it

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm

BID0 wrote:Did you not really play it much? I need to go back and tackle those pro ones, they're a real bitch all round though. I think I was pretty close on the keyboard training before it jumped up to insanely hard, and likewise for the drum trainer :cry:

Guitar and Bass is fairly doable because that's a case of playing the on disc songs and get stars on them


I put in a load of time but as with RB4 it was mostly on vocals, so I haven’t put the graft in on the other instruments that I should’ve done.

Image Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Rock Band Thread vol.2 // Season 5 - Week 1: 13 hours to go, will we get promoted?.. [PS4/X1/Rift]
by BID0 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
BID0 wrote:Did you not really play it much? I need to go back and tackle those pro ones, they're a real bitch all round though. I think I was pretty close on the keyboard training before it jumped up to insanely hard, and likewise for the drum trainer :cry:

Guitar and Bass is fairly doable because that's a case of playing the on disc songs and get stars on them


I put in a load of time but as with RB4 it was mostly on vocals, so I haven’t put the graft in on the other instruments that I should’ve done.

From memory the achievements are either dead easy or impossible. The dead easy ones I have :lol:

RB3 had DLC ones too where you need certain songs but you likely have those from disc exports etc.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Lime, Mafro, PuppetBoy, TonyDA and 34 guests