The Rock Band Thread vol.2 | CHVRCHES. Finally! [PS4/X1/Rift]
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 pm
Rock Band 4 includes a whole host of modes (some new, some returning) adding replayability to your music collection. It doesn't matter if you're a score chaser, playing for the music, looking for something impossible, something fun to play together at parties or online with friends, there's something here for you...
- Quickplay: play your songs... quickly. Play solo or group up with up to 6 people (3 player harmonies) from one console. Browse the song list, pick your difficulty and play.
- Online Quickplay: is a synchronous online multiplayer version of the local player mode. Up to 4 players from different consoles pick a song each and jam out together.
- Rivals: is an asynchronous online multiplayer mode. Team up with other players to create in-game groups called "crews." You and other crews will compete in themed challenges each week, where victories or failures contribute to the entire group's success as a whole. (Xbox Live Gold or PSN+ subscriptions not required)
- Play a Show: a party shuffle like mode. Play solo or group up with up to 6 people (3 player harmonies) from one console. Band members all get to blind vote for what kind of song they want to play next which is then picked at random from the votes. Sometimes the vote is random (vote for a song that's... a) indie rock b) by Bob Dylan c) from the 80s etc), othertimes it's more specific.
- Go on Tour: start out, like every great band does, as a small hometown act. Play solo or group up with up to 6 people (3 player harmonies) from one console and play a few shows. Work with your bandmates to build up your Career and figure out exactly what kind of band you are.
- Rockudrama: silly and over-the-top. The new Rockudrama mode gives you the chance to create your band's story, much like VH1's popular Behind the Music series. It combines live-action footage with Rock Band gameplay that creates a personalised "documentary" of your group's rise to stardom.
- Brutal Mode: think you're good? Well come and get your ass handed to you in this mode. A customised version of regular quickplay, however the better you play the harder it gets as the notes on the high way begin to disappear.
- Missions: whichever way you decide to play Rock Band, complete score and novelty based themed mission challenges. Ranging from getting 5 stars on hard difficulties to saving your bandmate 3 times in one song. These missions are regularly updated with new challenges so even if you've managed to complete every one, there could be more coming shortly...
The Tracklist - 119 Songs covering every decade and every genre!:
Rock Band 4 allows you instant access to your Rock Band music collection. If you've been playing the series at any point during the past 10 years then you can download any previously purchased DLC from the original game, RB2, RB3, Blitz, AC/DC and the other theme track packs, Lego and Green Day games at no additional cost. All of these tracks have been revamped and tweaked for free to include support for newer features such as Vocal Harmonies (first introduced in The Beatles and then brought over to RB3) as well as Guitar and Vocal Freestyling (introduced in RB4).
Even if you're new to the series and don't want to buy DLC, then with Rivals you have access to over 100 songs from artists such as Elvis Presley, Arctic Monkeys, U2, The Cure, Aerosmith, Van Halen, The Killers and many many more!
Expand to see the 120 songs included as part of Rock Band 4: Rivals...
Rock Band 4 (on disc):
65 songs from new and many returning acts in the Rock Band series. From the sixties to modern day.
- .38 Special – Caught Up in You
- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up?
- Aerosmith – Toys in the Attic
- Arctic Monkeys – Arabella
- Avenged Sevenfold – Hail to the King
- Benjamin Booker – Violent Shiver
- The Black Keys – Fever
- The Both – Milwaukee
- Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban - Start a Band
- Brandie Carlile - Mainstream Kid
- Cake – Short Skirt/Long Jacket
- The Cure – Friday, I’m in Love
- Dark Wheels - V-Bomb
- Disturbed – Prayer
- Dream Theater – Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and The Sleeper
- Duck & Cover – Knock ‘Em Down
- Eddie Japan – Albert
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- Fall Out Boy – Centuries
- Fleetwood Mac – You Make Loving Fun
- Foo Fighters – The Feast and the Famine
- Gary Clark Jr. - Ain't Messin 'Round
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
- Grouplove - Tongue Tied
- Halestorm – I Miss the Misery
- Heart – Kick It Out
- Heaven’s Basement – I Am Electric
- Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life
- Jack White – Lazaretto
- Jeff Allen - Recession
- Johnny Blazes and the Pretty Boys - Cold Clear Light
- Judas Priest – Halls of Valhalla
- The Killers – Somebody Told Me
- Lightning Bolt – Dream Genie
- Little Big Town – Little White Church
- Live – All Over You
- Lucius – Turn It Around
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
- Mumford & Sons - The Wolf
- The Outfield – Your Love
- Ozzy Osbourne – Miracle Man
- Paramore – Still Into You
- The Protomen – Light Up the Night
- Queens of the Stone Age – My God is the Sun
- R.E.M. - The One I Love
- Rick Derringer – Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
- Rush – A Passage to Bangkok
- Scandal – The Warrior
- Scorpions – No One Like You
- Slydigs – Light the Fuse
- Soul Remnants – Dead Black (Heart of Ice)
- Soundgarden – Superunknown
- Spin Doctors – Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong
- St. Vincent – Birth in Reverse
- System of a Down – Spiders
- Tijuana Sweetheart – Pistol Whipped
- U2 - Cedarwood Road
- U2 - I Will Follow
- Van Halen – Panama
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- The Warning - Free Falling
- White Denim – At Night in Dreams
- The Who – The Seeker
6 songs are still listed for free which were used for promotions previously
- GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton - Still Alive (also playable in RB1 onwards)
- Permaband - Killing is just a means
- Permaband - Wrecking Machine
- Steve Pardo - Super Beat Sports Big Baoz Battle
- Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) (also playable in RB1 onwards)
- Frank Turner - I Still Believe (may need to download the RB3 DLC on Xbox to get it for free, this will get you the RB4 version too.)
Rock Band™ 10th Anniversary Pack (downloaded from the music store for free):
10 songs from 10 different Harmonix in house bands that have featured on Guitar Hero and Rock Band over the last decade. This 10th Anniversary celebration pack is available for free whether you have bought RB4, the Rivals expansion or don't own the game at all.
- The Acro-Brats – Hair Trigger
- Anarchy Club – Collide
- Bang Camaro – Blood Red Rock
- Bang on a Can All-Stars – Shadowbang (Head)
- Dance for the Dying – Thug Love
- Freezepop – Doppelgänger
- Graveyard BBQ – Cheat on the Church
- Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives – Soy Bomb
- The Main Drag – How We’d Look on Paper
- Symbion Project – Exploited & Exposed
Rivals Expansion Additions:
39 songs from lesser known artists of the last few years. A collection of indie, glam, hip-hip, alternative, pop, metal and soul.
- Animal Flag - Sink
- Arctic Horror - Black Seas (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Assuming We Survive - Open Water (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Bearstronaut - Shadow
- The Bergamot - Forget About Tomorrow (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Bent Knee - These Hands
- Black Beach - No Place for Me
- The Black Cheers - (You're) Breakin' Up (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Creaturos - History Repeats
- Dolly Spartans - I Hear The Dead (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Dutch ReBelle - RudeBoys
- The Eiffles - Body Like That (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Goddamn Draculas - Bethany
- HUNNY - Shy (downloaded from the music store for free)
- In The Valley Below - Bloodhands (Oh My Fever) (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Julie Rhodes - Hurry Up (& Wait for You)
- Jocelyn & Chris Arndt - Shame (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Littlefoot - Casablanca
- Michael Christmas - Cross That Line
- Nemes - Black Streak
- Newfane - I Recognize
- Nightmare Air - Who’s Your Lover (downloaded from the music store for free)
- No Small Children - Radio (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Parks - Sweater Weather (downloaded from the music store for free)
- Parlour Bells - Never Let 'Em Hold Ya Back!
- Party Bois - True Confessional
- Petty Morals - Mean Girls
- The Red Chord - Hour of Rats
- Ruby Rose Fox - Pain Killer
- Ruby Rose Fox - Skydiver
- Skratch’N Snyf - S.O.M.P.
- Spirit Kid - To My Romeo (downloaded from the music store for free)
- STL GLD - Good
- Tigerman WOAH - Alone Time
- Vinyl - Fly By Midnight (downloaded from the music store for free)
- The Warning - Survive (downloaded from the music store for free)
- The Warning Shots - Closer, Closer
- When Particles Collide - Constant Disaster
- Worshipper - Black Corridor
Rock Band 4 supports your old controllers going all the way back to PS2 (with new hardware versions available to those who don't have them). Some legacy support requires workarounds and depends if you are using Sony's or Microsoft's console. If you're not sure if what you have works then feel free to ask in this topic.
Expand to see the hardware support in Rock Band 4...
Below are reviews for titles in the Rock Band series.
- Rock Band: 92% metacritic
- Rock Band 2: 92% metacritic
- Rock Band 3: 93% metacritic
- Rock Band 4: Rivals: 82% metacritic
- LEGO: Rock Band: 71% metacritic
- The Beatles: Rock Band: 89% metacritic
- Green Day: Rock Band: 75% metacritic
- Rock Band: Blitz: 78% metacritic
- Rock Band Song Finder - List of music in Rock Band. Updated regulary with the newest releases.
- Request A Song - Request a song for consideration on the Official Rock Band website.
- DLC Quickplay - A website for listing your library of songs. A compatibility tool lets you see people with similar libraries.
- Rock Band Radio - Special thanks go to melatonin for putting this Spotify list together. Everything from Rock Band since the series first began.
Are you still unsure of something? REPLY to this topic with your question and our vultures will pick you apart.