The Running Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Curls » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

I did Lincoln park run a few times, I think I'll try the one near my mums place on saturday.

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Curls » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Wepre park in deeside.....ergh...

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Curls wrote:I did Lincoln park run a few times, I think I'll try the one near my mums place on saturday.


I'm Numb reading about this. I hope you didn't fall - you'd have been Crawling by the end otherwise. Be careful with the sign up sheet - don't give yourself a Papercut. If you Runaway from the chasing pack, you'll win In The End.

Image Image
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Mini E » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Curls wrote:I did Lincoln park run a few times, I think I'll try the one near my mums place on saturday.


I'm Numb reading about this. I hope you didn't fall - you'd have been Crawling by the end otherwise. Be careful with the sign up sheet - don't give yourself a Papercut. If you Runaway from the chasing pack, you'll win In The End.


Image

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Curls » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 am

Oh no he didn't.

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by satriales » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Had a good run this morning. It was the same half marathon route along trails that I ran last week, but this time I was 14 minutes quicker (1:54:35) and felt much better afterwards. Gonna try and run at least a half every Sunday if I can.

User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Spindash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Did my first trail race today, 10k around Heaton Park. Was very wet, slippy and muddy, but I enjoyed it - completely different challenge to road running. Finished 10th out of 186 in 51:03.

There's a few trail and hill parkruns around Greater Manchester so might do a bit of tourism.

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by satriales » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm

^ Congrats! Trail running is completely different from roads but imo much more enjoyable even if it is slower. Top 10 for your first race is a pretty awesome result.

Today I skipped parkrun so I could stay in bed and watch the rugby, but to make up for it I went out afterwards and did the same trail half I've done the last couple of Sundays. I ran against my previous time on my watch (so it was constantly showing how many seconds ahead/behind I am) and my aim was to keep pulling away. I managed to take another 2 minutes out of my PB with 1:52:22, so happy with that but now my feet are hurting bad. Gonna take it easy for the next week.

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Curls » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello,

What fitness watch can I use to do strava and footsteps, without having my oversized iPhone on me?

I had a look at Garmins....gosh they're rediculously expensive, and I there are so many!

Is there anything for £100-150 that will record my runs and footsteps, heart rate etc, isn't too clunky, and doesn't need to have a phone to go for a run with?

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by satriales » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Curls wrote:Hello,

What fitness watch can I use to do strava and footsteps, without having my oversized iPhone on me?

I had a look at Garmins....gosh they're rediculously expensive, and I there are so many!

Is there anything for £100-150 that will record my runs and footsteps, heart rate etc, isn't too clunky, and doesn't need to have a phone to go for a run with?

Any of the Garmin's will do what you need, and I think basic models are around the £100 mark.

I don't have experience with any of the other brands but this website is great for reviews and comparisons:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/win ... tions.html

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Mini E » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 pm

satriales wrote:
Curls wrote:Hello,

What fitness watch can I use to do strava and footsteps, without having my oversized iPhone on me?

I had a look at Garmins....gosh they're rediculously expensive, and I there are so many!

Is there anything for £100-150 that will record my runs and footsteps, heart rate etc, isn't too clunky, and doesn't need to have a phone to go for a run with?

Any of the Garmin's will do what you need, and I think basic models are around the £100 mark.

I don't have experience with any of the other brands but this website is great for reviews and comparisons:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/win ... tions.html


I have this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

And it's brilliant. Recommended.

User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Spindash » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Mini E wrote:
satriales wrote:
Curls wrote:Hello,

What fitness watch can I use to do strava and footsteps, without having my oversized iPhone on me?

I had a look at Garmins....gosh they're rediculously expensive, and I there are so many!

Is there anything for £100-150 that will record my runs and footsteps, heart rate etc, isn't too clunky, and doesn't need to have a phone to go for a run with?

Any of the Garmin's will do what you need, and I think basic models are around the £100 mark.

I don't have experience with any of the other brands but this website is great for reviews and comparisons:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/win ... tions.html


I have this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

And it's brilliant. Recommended.


I've got a more basic version without the heart rate monitor but would also recommend. Tells me everything I need to know and links up with Strava etc. easily.

Does anyone have any running targets for 2018? :?:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Ad7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Barely been running in the last month :dread:

Managed twice last week but before then due to illness and work etc I didn't get to go for 3.weeks.

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Mini E » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Injured since late September :dread: ffs.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Ad7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 pm

:dread:

The first run after nearly a month off was awful. Felt like I was just heavily bouncing up and down on the spot and not really going anywhere. Was so slow and my legs ached for the whole week.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Ad7 wrote::dread:

The first run after nearly a month off was awful. Felt like I was just heavily bouncing up and down on the spot and not really going anywhere. Was so slow and my legs ached for the whole week.


I feel that. Screwed my knee over back in October so hadn't been out for the best part of three months. Went for my first run on the weekend and it felt so slow compared to where I was last Autumn. Checked my stats at the end and I was over 1 minute slower per KM. :cry:

Going to try and get back into doing 2-3 5K runs per week and then look to start stretching the distances out again.

ImageImage
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Ad7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm

I've only got a couple of weeks of being able to run the bridge on my lunch breaks left, and I'm strawberry floating ill AGAIN. I can't run on my breaks at the new place as I won't have time so it'll be back to the gooseberry fool route around home which is really bad for doing decent times due to being so hilly.

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Running Thread
by satriales » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm supposed to be training for a 60k in April but I've knackered my knee. Rested it for the last four weeks but it's still no better. Can't run more than a mile before I have to stop and walk. :evil:

User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Spindash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Saw this on Facebook :dread:

Image

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Running Thread
by Mini E » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a route.

Still injured. Four months and counting.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Crimson, Snowcannon and 66 guests