The Sandwich Alignment Chart

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by DML » Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 am

Where does the Ice Cream Sandwich fit into all this?

ARGGHHHH

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Lotus » Thu May 04, 2017 9:46 am

Gotta say I agree with rinks and MHTL on this.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Alvin Flummux » Thu May 04, 2017 12:10 pm

DML wrote:Where does the Ice Cream Sandwich fit into all this?

ARGGHHHH


Ingredient Rebel?

Twenty nights in the ice is a long time, when there's Hostiles On The Hill.
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by captain red dog » Thu May 04, 2017 12:48 pm

I'm a sandwich racist. Bread has to be white. I will tolerate 50/50 but it has to have the flavour of white. If it's free or incredibly cheap, I will go brown.

Edit: It's down to medical reasons really, brown bread causes havoc with my bowels as I have quite bad IBS!

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Jenuall » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Hardline Traditionalist all the way.

There's a reason why hot dogs, burgers, rolls, wraps, baguettes etc. all have different names - because they aren't sandwiches. There is nothing wrong with these foods, I love a chip butty, or hot dog as much as the next person, but that doesn't make it right to describe them as sandwiches!

In fact I don't think the "structure purist" goes far enough - a sandwich is filling between slices of bread, not between two pieces of "baked product". Stick ham in between two bits of bread and you have a ham sandwich, stick it inside a roll/bun and you have a ham roll/bun.

ImageImage
User avatar
Riksilver
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Riksilver » Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm a true neutral but I wouldn't call a hot dog a sandwich. While it is in the form of a sandwich it's established itself as its own thing, same with burgers. It's like comparing a shed and a house, they can both have four walls and a roof but they aren't the same thing.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 pm

captain red dog wrote:I'm a sandwich racist. Bread has to be white. I will tolerate 50/50 but it has to have the flavour of white. If it's free or incredibly cheap, I will go brown.

Edit: It's down to medical reasons really, brown bread causes havoc with my bowels as I have quite bad IBS!


I'm kinda the opposite of this also for medical reasons. I almost have to eat wholemeal bread.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Knoyleo » Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am

captain red dog wrote:Bread has to be white.

Scum.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 06, 2017 10:48 am

I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Knoyleo » Sat May 06, 2017 11:42 am

That sounds like more of an awful calzone than a sandwich

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Dowbocop » Sat May 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Alvin Flummux » Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Knoyleo wrote:That sounds like more of an awful calzone than a sandwich


Calzones though. :wub: It's a pizza pasty! :toot:

Twenty nights in the ice is a long time, when there's Hostiles On The Hill.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.


Well, yeah. Otherwise how would you grip it?

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat May 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.


That sounds pretty excellent actually, I might give it a whirl.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Ironhide » Sat May 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas.


I've got a mental image of your 'internt pervert' meme with that as a caption.

Image
User avatar
Karl
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Karl » Sat May 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.

Well, yeah. Otherwise how would you grip it?

By 'burger' do you mean you put a meat patty between the two pizzas?

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Karl wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.

Well, yeah. Otherwise how would you grip it?

By 'burger' do you mean you put a meat patty between the two pizzas?


Yes, and a slice of cheese.

Image
User avatar
Karl
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Karl » Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.

Well, yeah. Otherwise how would you grip it?

By 'burger' do you mean you put a meat patty between the two pizzas?

Yes, and a slice of cheese.

I see. Well, was it good?

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Karl wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I once made a cheeseburger using two Chicago Town pizzas. I guess that makes me an Ingredient Rebel.

Filling side on the inside yeah? Otherwise you're a disgrace.

Well, yeah. Otherwise how would you grip it?

By 'burger' do you mean you put a meat patty between the two pizzas?

Yes, and a slice of cheese.

I see. Well, was it good?


It was alright. Wasn't as good as I'd imagined, but by no means terrible.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Sandwich Alignment Chart
by Denster » Mon May 15, 2017 12:10 pm

A chip butty is a sandwich. Butty is another name for sandwich.

Chips on a bap or barmcake fair enough. If the chips are between two slices of bread - its ok to call it a sandwich.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Tineash and 55 guests