Scottish Football

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Poser » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:41 am

Just seen your sig :shock:

The hell happened there?!

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Scottish Football
by more heat than light » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:53 am

Was doing a £10 to £10k challenge, where you bet your entire stake every time. Takes around 30 straight bets to hit the target. My 8th was Celtic yesterday. :fp:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Poser » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Shiiiiiit. In your defence, seemed like a home banker. I wouldn't have the stones for that challenge. I'd be walking away at the £50 mark, I reckon.

#Scottishblood

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Moggy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:16 pm

I guess you are only risking £10, but like Poser I would be backing out at around £50. :lol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:22 pm

I could've called that result based on the fact that we've only kept three clean sheets this season and played a tough fixture in the Europa League before Sunday's match - this season especially I simply wouldn't bet on Celtic after EL matches. Unlucky MHTL.

Which £10 to £10k are you doing? I might get involved a little bit later on in the season.

Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by DML » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:30 pm

It beggars belief Celtic can be doing so badly.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Does it really? A new manager with no experience managing a club of this size, little to no investment in the squad and the sale of all our biggest and brightest players and you're genuinely surprised we're having a wobble? I can't speak for people back home but as soon as we dropped into that God forsaken tournament I called us not pulling away at the top of the league before Christmas.

As soon as we're eliminated we'll be fine. It's also worth remembering that we didn't lose a domestic game in September(W3, D1 vs. St. Mirren), and have a game in hand over the other top teams(vs. Partick). Hamilton have just returned to the league and have started like a house on fire, and our only other loss this season was vs. ICT who've been a bogey team for years.

Last edited by Corazon de Leon on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by DML » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:38 pm

[iup=3583134]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Does it really? A new manager with no experience managing a club of this size, little to no investment in the squad and the sale of all our biggest and brightest players and you're genuinely surprised we're having a wobble? I can't speak for people back home but as soon as we dropped into that God forsaken tournament I called us not being top of the league before Christmas. As soon as we're eliminated we'll be fine, and it's worth remembering that we didn't lose a domestic game in September.


You still have a huge advanntage over all your opponents. The fact they are sixth is still shocking to be honest.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 pm

I really cannot be bothered getting into this again, but I strongly and completely disagree with you. We've invested £2.3 million in one player who has played 3 times and dealt only in loan deals and Free transfers(Craig Gordon) thereafter. When 90% of your transfer takings line the pockets of the chairman, a club tends to lose any advantage over the competition. A sign of the times without Rangers? Maybe.

And as I said(and you ignored), we have a game in hand over everyone above us - if we win it we will sit 3rd, 3 points from first. We've lost twice this season against two of the teams who are challenging at the top, which is to be expected no matter what league you play in or how big an advantage you have. A wobble caused by Europa League, hardly a disaster for a rebuilding squad. I'll reserve judgement until Christmas - Deila has targeted the league and both cups, so I expect him to really turn the volume up after the international break.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Moggy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:57 pm

[iup=3583145]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:I really cannot be bothered getting into this again, but I strongly and completely disagree with you. We've invested £2.3 million in one player who has played 3 times and dealt only in loan deals and Free transfers(Craig Gordon) thereafter. When 90% of your transfer takings line the pockets of the chairman, a club tends to lose any advantage over the competition. A sign of the times without Rangers? Maybe.

And as I said(and you ignored), we have a game in hand over everyone above us - if we win it we will sit 3rd, 3 points from first. We've lost twice this season against two of the teams who are challenging at the top, which is to be expected no matter what league you play in or how big an advantage you have. A wobble caused by Europa League, hardly a disaster for a rebuilding squad. I'll reserve judgement until Christmas - Deila has targeted the league and both cups, so I expect him to really turn the volume up after the international break.


Get rid of Deila, there is only one man that can improve things.

Image

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Do I even need to open the spoiler box to know that former Celtic legend Steven Kean is willing his way to a glorious return to Parkhead?

EDIT: IT's Johnny Barnes! strawberry float Moggy, you got me(and missed a trick!). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Moggy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:01 pm

[iup=3583158]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Do I even need to open the spoiler box to know that former Celtic legend Steven Kean is willing his way to a glorious return to Parkhead?

EDIT: IT's Johnny Barnes! strawberry float Moggy, you got me(and missed a trick!). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image


It was going to be Kean and then I decided to troll with a different ex-Celtic legend. ;)

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:02 pm

[iup=3583160]Moggy[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3583158]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Do I even need to open the spoiler box to know that former Celtic legend Steven Kean is willing his way to a glorious return to Parkhead?

EDIT: IT's Johnny Barnes! strawberry float Moggy, you got me(and missed a trick!). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image


It was going to be Kean and then I decided to troll with a different ex-Celtic legend. ;)


Could've been worse, you could've put Blackburn managerial legend Paul Ince up there. :slol:

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Moggy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Ince is a crap manager, but I would take him over Barnes or Kean. :slol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:07 pm

I'd manage Celtic myself before I saw either of them back at Celtic Park. :lol:

Back on point - I'm more than happy to give Deila the benefit of the doubt just now. There are a lot of things holding Celtic back at the moment - Europa League(and CL qualifying before that), new faces gelling in, sale of the likes of Forster and lack of proper investment to name a few - and it's far, far too early to be looking at the league table as a barometer of success. 8 games is not a season.

Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by DML » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:09 pm

[iup=3583145]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:I really cannot be bothered getting into this again, but I strongly and completely disagree with you. We've invested £2.3 million in one player who has played 3 times and dealt only in loan deals and Free transfers(Craig Gordon) thereafter. When 90% of your transfer takings line the pockets of the chairman, a club tends to lose any advantage over the competition. A sign of the times without Rangers? Maybe.

And as I said(and you ignored), we have a game in hand over everyone above us - if we win it we will sit 3rd, 3 points from first. We've lost twice this season against two of the teams who are challenging at the top, which is to be expected no matter what league you play in or how big an advantage you have. A wobble caused by Europa League, hardly a disaster for a rebuilding squad. I'll reserve judgement until Christmas - Deila has targeted the league and both cups, so I expect him to really turn the volume up after the international break.


We'll agree to disagree - the team was 1/5 to be champions at the start of the season. They shouldn't be in mid-table Europe or no Europe. Think you've been sold a dud in Deila. Even third with that game in hand is rubbish considering pre-season expectations.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Scottish Football
by more heat than light » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:11 pm

[iup=3583116]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Which £10 to £10k are you doing? I might get involved a little bit later on in the season.


Just one of my own design, was picking all sorts, football, tennis, even rugby league. Just look for 'dead cert' bets at around 1/4 odds. At that rate it's ten bets to £100, another ten to £1,000 and a further ten to £10k.

If you do have a go be sure to post your bets in the bet thread so we can all have a good laugh. ;)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:15 pm

[iup=3583174]more heat than light[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3583116]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Which £10 to £10k are you doing? I might get involved a little bit later on in the season.


Just one of my own design, was picking all sorts, football, tennis, even rugby league. Just look for 'dead cert' bets at around 1/4 odds. At that rate it's ten bets to £100, another ten to £1,000 and a further ten to £10k.

If you do have a go be sure to post your bets in the bet thread so we can all have a good laugh. ;)


I'm so bad at calling results that I rarely bet nowadays, but I follow a tipster who has been quite successful so if I do step in, I'll keep you notified. No chance I'd have the stones to see it through but if I ended up with a few hundred quid I'd be happy. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Henke
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Henke » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Interesting cup draw, eh?

Venom wrote:Great form, great volume, great nips.
So great! :)
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Quite. Walking back to my mate's car from Parkhead yesterday when it happened and the place went mental when the news of the draw started coming through.

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bear, Benzin, Bing [Bot], FatDaz, Garth, Heskimo, ignition, Johnny Jalfrezi, lex-man, Preezy, Return_of_the_STAR, Skippy, Xeno and 65 guests