South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Memento Mori » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:06 pm

20x06- My favourite episode of the season so far

-She's funny too Kyle. :lol:
-'Member the Death Start blowing up Alderaan?
-Cartman's flashback. :lol: He actually wasn't faking.
-Memberberries listening to Toto. :lol:
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:28 pm

It was a good episode, but I don't think I'd say best yet.

The flashback bit felt genuinely trippy as it was rewinding, but that, and the Danish musical number felt a bit dragged out, like they were padding for time. I think the pacing this whole season so far has been a bit weak.

It picked up towards the end, though. Fort Collins getting hacked was great, the Member Berries driving away, Cartman lying about the email he sent, and the whole emoji analysis bit were all good.

I don't really get what happened at the end, where the Member Berries "killed" one of them, and then Caitlyn Jenner turns up. Oh well.

Have they got another break next week? It sounded like they're not expecting to put out a show until the election, now.
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Qikz » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:49 am

That was great again. I think my favourite parts were already mentioned, but another great line was.

Randy: You have to talk to them, like a real human being
Garrison: Oh jeeez


:lol:
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:18 pm



They've deleted the clip that was uploaded a few days ago that was clearly in anticipation of a Clinton win. Good thing they've had two weeks to prepare for both outcomes.
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Qikz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:06 am

Knoyleo wrote:

They've deleted the clip that was uploaded a few days ago that was clearly in anticipation of a Clinton win. Good thing they've had two weeks to prepare for both outcomes.


I think they genuinly didn't provide anything for a Trump win. You can hear it in Randy's voice as if "strawberry float, we had to record this again" and from what it sounds like they're just dubbing over a lot of the episode due to a lack of time.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:20 am

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, there. They clearly haven't planned for it, but at the same time, some of their best episodes have been knocked together at the last minute. I'm looking forward to watching what they've done later on.
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Qikz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:18 pm

I'm genuinely interested in how they're going to keep Garrison as president. I wonder if they'll have him concede and Trump becomes the actual president. Will watch at the weekend.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:25 pm

It certainly felt like a pretty cobbled together episode, but still a few great moments.

Bill and Bill :lol:
Rickrolling all the trolls. :lol:
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:36 am

Really going all out on the Garrison as Trump thing. :lol:

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Garrison and his dry penis :lol:

Much better episode overall this week. Plenty of good moments.

Gerald making Ike troll for him, then take the blame

Boris Johnson, and Brexit being caused by memberries

"I 'member the cold war, it was fantastic!"
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Memento Mori » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:41 pm

'Member stormtroopers?

The much stronger episode this week can be explained by Trey Parker not having to rewrite it at the last minute. I like that they're going to go all in on Trump. The story arc seems more consistent now as well.
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Qikz » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:32 pm

You better member if you know what's good for ya'

What a fantastic episode.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Qikz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:25 am

Ok. Honestly that's the best episode there's been this season.

Mr Slave :wub:
Mr Garrison getting riled up twice to make him change his mind
Kyle's Mum being a big fat bitch and getting locked in the cupboard
The fact the troll trace leader is just a troll :lol:
The reverand saying "definately no reason to look me up online!"
No stupid memberberries gooseberry fool, that's got old now although it's still funny when it's just them.
I am the president! You're a dipshit president.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Lagamorph » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Now that Season 20 of South Park is finished Trey Parker should really get onto making Orgazmo 2
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Given that the latest episode title is "The End Of Serialization As We Know It" and spends a while at the end almost directly asking the audience for forgiveness and a second chance, coupled with last week's episode containing this:



Can we hope for an end to the series long story arc, and a return to the stronger stand alone episodes? I'd much prefer the method they used, I think, two series ago, where the episodes wold reference what had gone on the week before, but remain largely self contained.

The two most recent episodes have been pretty good, but the rest of the series up to this point has been pretty weak as a whole. Meandering, and not really heading anywhere, each week has felt like a set up for a joke that never quite lands in the next episode. Their desire to be both topical, and serialised, seems to have led to the show becoming reliant on the next week's news being funny enough to carry them and the plot forward, and it's left the show a bit empty as a whole.
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:52 pm

Egg Knog wrote:Given that the latest episode title is "The End Of Serialization As We Know It" and spends a while at the end almost directly asking the audience for forgiveness and a second chance, coupled with last week's episode containing this:



Can we hope for an end to the series long story arc, and a return to the stronger stand alone episodes? I'd much prefer the method they used, I think, two series ago, where the episodes wold reference what had gone on the week before, but remain largely self contained.

The two most recent episodes have been pretty good, but the rest of the series up to this point has been pretty weak as a whole. Meandering, and not really heading anywhere, each week has felt like a set up for a joke that never quite lands in the next episode. Their desire to be both topical, and serialised, seems to have led to the show becoming reliant on the next week's news being funny enough to carry them and the plot forward, and it's left the show a bit empty as a whole.


Have you been reading this article by any chance?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/a816455/why-south-park-needs-to-go-back-to-basics-after-a-bad-season-20/
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:10 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Egg Knog wrote:Given that the latest episode title is "The End Of Serialization As We Know It" and spends a while at the end almost directly asking the audience for forgiveness and a second chance, coupled with last week's episode containing this:



Can we hope for an end to the series long story arc, and a return to the stronger stand alone episodes? I'd much prefer the method they used, I think, two series ago, where the episodes wold reference what had gone on the week before, but remain largely self contained.

The two most recent episodes have been pretty good, but the rest of the series up to this point has been pretty weak as a whole. Meandering, and not really heading anywhere, each week has felt like a set up for a joke that never quite lands in the next episode. Their desire to be both topical, and serialised, seems to have led to the show becoming reliant on the next week's news being funny enough to carry them and the plot forward, and it's left the show a bit empty as a whole.


Have you been reading this article by any chance?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/a816455/why-south-park-needs-to-go-back-to-basics-after-a-bad-season-20/

No, but that does seem to reflect my thoughts on the series so far quite well.

I wouldn't go so far as that though. I think there's been some great stuff from South Park since season 10, and the show certainly hasn't lost it's heart. It's focus has shifted, sure, but if it had remained the small town focused comedy in the way the writer of that article wants, it could easily just have gone the way of The Simpsons, becoming an eerie shadow of it's former self, but recycling the same plots, and gradually running one well loved character after another into the ground. South Park has always changed, and continuing to do so, ironically, keeps it the same quality show. It can remain entertaining, and cutting edge, by constantly shifting focus. The trouble with this season is it bit off more than it could chew. Whilst season 19 was a series with a strong through plot and a consistent theme throughout, it took on topical issues in a broader context. It didn't focus on specific cases that were live on the news right then, but more general trends, or specific people and things at a removed distance. Season 20 took this a step further, and left itself fully at the mercy of current events. This clearly became too much for the show, even before Trump won the election. There's even that deleted clip they released from the episode that aired the day of the election results, which had clearly been made in anticipation of a Clinton win. It didn't work, but it was something new, and Parker and Stone have always been two people capable of looking at something, and acknowledging that it has or hasn't worked. I think it's pretty clear that they understand it hasn't.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Knoyleo » Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39888949
Caitlyn Jenner 'could enter US politics'

Reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner says she is considering entering US politics in a bid to promote transgender issues.


Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: South Park Thread - S20E02 Skank Hunt
by Lagamorph » Fri May 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Buckle up buckaroos
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”