The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:You're all idiots.


Idiot was a legal and psychiatric category of profound intellectual disability, where a person's [facility to accurately assess the Star Wars oeuvre is equivalent to a child who] is two years or less, and he or she cannot guard himself or herself against common physical dangers. Along with terms like moron, imbecile, and cretin, the term is now archaic and offensive.


Taf defends the girls but attacks the mentally disabled. He just isn’t woke.


Sounds like Preezy to me.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Preezy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Image

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:23 pm

:slol:

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:25 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't think Liam Neeson is praised enough for his excellent role as Qui Gon Jinn. One of the great Star Wars characters.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Preezy wrote:Image


:lol:

You win the internet today.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Gemini73 wrote:I don't think Liam Neeson is praised enough for his excellent role as Qui Gon Jinn. One of the great Star Wars characters.


Qui Gon is one of the few great characters introduced in the prequels, great performance by Liam Neeson as well.

Anyhow, just got back from seeing Solo and overall I really enjoyed it, Glover stole the screen every time he popped up though, his first line was either Billy Dee saying it or a ridiculously good impression, it was that good! With how it ends it kind of sets it up for a sequel but then they could easily just leave it as a standalone film.

Image

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Hime » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:10 am

Hexx wrote:Swinging back to why the TLJ is a terribly made movie


I don't agree what the scenes he used to demonstrate the poor use of comedy but he is correct. I can understand that the comedy might not run your enjoyment of the film but I genuinely find it baffling that anyone argues that it's actually good.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:20 am

It's good.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am

Tafdolphin wrote:It's good.

Not as good as your mum.

(Everyone please get the reference otherwise I come across pretty badly here :slol:.)

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Hime » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:It's good.

The comedy, not the film.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 pm

A couple of bits worked for myself, the bit where Chewie first encounters the Porgs and is partway through eating them for example and the part where Rey cuts the large rock causing it to fall in front of the caretakers. Some of the scenes he used to show off the poor comedy I didn't even realise were meant to be comedic moments. The scene where BB-8 is bumping into things on Snoke's flagship for example, he has a box covering him which is surely limiting his vision making him have the odd collision, despite the fact he's probably covered in sensors this would probably still limit his ability to navigate the ship safely.

As for the throne room scene, I didn't laugh once during that scene as it was a fantastic scene to watch and I just failed to notice any attempt at comedy during it. Likewise with the lightsabre hitting Rey on the head, I didn't see that as comedy, I saw that as Snoke asserting his power over a cocky Rey. Maybe it was just me but I really didn't see any comedic value in these couple of scenes?

Now, that's not to say it all worked as it certainly didn't, the opening part between Poe and Hux is awful, as is the scene with Luke explaining the force to Rey.

Image

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:A couple of bits worked for myself, the bit where Chewie first encounters the Porgs and is partway through eating them for example and the part where Rey cuts the large rock causing it to fall in front of the caretakers. Some of the scenes he used to show off the poor comedy I didn't even realise were meant to be comedic moments. The scene where BB-8 is bumping into things on Snoke's flagship for example, he has a box covering him which is surely limiting his vision making him have the odd collision, despite the fact he's probably covered in sensors this would probably still limit his ability to navigate the ship safely.

As for the throne room scene, I didn't laugh once during that scene as it was a fantastic scene to watch and I just failed to notice any attempt at comedy during it. Likewise with the lightsabre hitting Rey on the head, I didn't see that as comedy, I saw that as Snoke asserting his power over a cocky Rey. Maybe it was just me but I really didn't see any comedic value in these couple of scenes?

Now, that's not to say it all worked as it certainly didn't, the opening part between Poe and Hux is awful, as is the scene with Luke explaining the force to Rey.


I laughed at the rock falling in front of the caretakers but I don’t see how the lightsaber hitting Rey on the head was an attempt at comedy. I think it was as you say to show snoke asserting power over Rey.

I don’t recall any attempt at comedy in the throne room as you say either.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by LewisD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 am

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :slol: :slol: :slol:

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 am

Star Wars: Episode X - The Prequel Memes Continue

Image
Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:45 am

Hime wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:It's good.

The comedy, not the film.


I laughed at the jokes. The tone was new for the franchise but it I enjoyed its addition. It was a new take.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Denster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am

Cheeto eating strawberry floats.


:lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am

Denster wrote:Cheeto eating strawberry floats.


:lol:


That’s exactly where I lost it. :lol:

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

I didn't laugh at any of the somewhat forced comedy in TLJ, but that had nothing to do with my walking away thinking the film was a bit meh for the most part. As said above all the Star Wars films have some cringe comedy moments, (however, Leia asking Han "Should I get out and push?" when the Falcon breaks down again in Empire does always raise a smile), I don't know why some douche on YT feels TLJ should be singled out for its comedy. It's certainly not the worst element by a long stretch.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Hime » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Hime wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:It's good.

The comedy, not the film.


I laughed at the jokes. The tone was new for the franchise but it I enjoyed its addition. It was a new take.

Like I said I find it baffling. I take no joy in that, I didn't go in thinking "I really hope I don't like things in this" but some of the humour made my skin crawl. The prank call bit was absolutely shocking.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Benzin, Blue Eyes, Bunni, Cuttooth, Denster, Errkal, Garth, Google [Bot], JediDragon05, lex-man, massimo, more heat than light, Poser, Preezy, Snowcannon, Squinty, Vermilion and 61 guests