The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Ad7 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 am

Glowy69 wrote:Loved the first 3 episode. Stop strawberry floating watching it you moaning bastards, this is the only show I know of that people moan about being gooseberry fool sooo much, and still watch it every week. :lol: :fp:


Struggling for things to watch since you finished your friends box set?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Moggy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 am

Glowy69 wrote:Loved the first 3 episode. Stop strawberry floating watching it you moaning bastards, this is the only show I know of that people moan about being gooseberry fool sooo much, and still watch it every week. :lol: :fp:


You must not read many TV threads then. ;)

I have enjoyed most of the Walking Dead up to now, but this season has been dire so far. Just awful.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Poser » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 am

We looked up that guy and still couldn't remember him or any of the plot events that were meant to have happened around him.

It's truly disposable TV, isn't it?

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Glowy69 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:54 am

Ad7 wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:Loved the first 3 episode. Stop strawberry floating watching it you moaning bastards, this is the only show I know of that people moan about being gooseberry fool sooo much, and still watch it every week. :lol: :fp:


Struggling for things to watch since you finished your friends box set?


I watch friends every day m8. Don't need a boxset.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Glowy69 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 am

Poser wrote:We looked up that guy and still couldn't remember him or any of the plot events that were meant to have happened around him.

It's truly disposable TV, isn't it?


He wasn't that important really. Officer friendly was his best line in the entire show.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Poser » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am

Ad7 wrote:I struggled to make it through that and I had eating to keep me entertained.

Character we don't remember dies, nobody cares.

Cheese rolling zombies.

Acting masterclass at the gate.

Unlimited ammo until it's needed for the plot, then people can be killed by a knee to the stomach in some smoke.

Morpheus fighting neo for no reason.

The lion king loudly doth proclaim tis a great victory, out in the open without checking the strawberry floating base right next to them.

Cgi Tony the tiger.


^^^ All of that.

The Jesus/Morgan stuff is beyond maddening. I really think I'm nearly out. Or I need to get a Switch so I can at least be doing something fun while TWD is on in the background.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by more heat than light » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Did Rick just jump out of the car he was driving into another moving car? :slol:

EDIT -

Hopefully that's the end of them spending all of their budget on dreadful CG.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm

more heat than light wrote:Did Rick just jump out of the car he was driving into another moving car? :slol:


That whole scene was very Uncharted-esque. I could almost feel the QTEs coming.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Did Rick just jump out of the car he was driving into another moving car? :slol:


That whole scene was very Uncharted-esque. I could almost feel the QTEs coming.


Daryl can accurately shoot while riding a motorcycle while a machine gun can’t hit him.

Rick can get level with another vehicle but can’t shoot. :lol:

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 pm

How did the guy with the .50 cal not eviscerate Rick's jeep? It was such a huge target.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by D_C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Why do none of these guns have any recoil?

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Ad7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 pm

What a load of utter shite.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:33 pm

I saw Glowy on Twitter last night and he had written something like “walking dead :cry:

I thought there was going to be a major death after that. Little did I know he was crying about a terribly animated tiger. :lol:

Glowy :fp:

JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by JediDragon05 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:59 pm

RIP in piece big cgi kitteh :cry:

WiV Da AnGeLz NoAW x

Enjoyed that episode though.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Sure Glowy wasn't just upset over how shite this has become?

That last episode was it for me. Absolute garbage.

ImageImage
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Denster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:17 pm

More moaning in here than you hear on the show from the walkers. I think the episodes this season are an improvement on the majority of last seasons.

User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Zellery » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Denster wrote:More moaning in here than you hear on the show from the walkers. I think the episodes this season are an improvement on the majority of last seasons.

That's not saying much.

Bar the first episode last season, everything was dire.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Ad7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm

We had to rewind a few bits to watch them again because they were so laugh out loud awful.

Rick following the mounted gun and dodging bullets by weaving about 6 foot away from the gun :lol:
Rick pulling along side the hummer and then it switching to a shot where the two vehicles were so clearly mounted on the same dolly, then the guy just sits there and watches him get out and in to his car without shooting him :lol:
The king deciding to give up at the sight of a 2 foot high mud mound, then the lingering shot of him lamenting the death of Tony the tiger :lol:
Zombies able to rip through tiger skin with bare hands :lol:

strawberry float this show seriously, it's become a comedy for us now.

All it needs now is this at the end
Image

User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by D_C » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Yeah, for a much-hyped 'All Out War', this has been pretty dull. It needs more Negan and less throwaway characters (The dude from the first season - used only for a gooseberry fool cliffhanger, for example). Thankfully, it does look like a Negan episode next, maybe with some backstory.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC - Season 8
by Poser » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 am

Ad7 wrote:We had to rewind a few bits to watch them again because they were so laugh out loud awful.

Rick following the mounted gun and dodging bullets by weaving about 6 foot away from the gun :lol:
Rick pulling along side the hummer and then it switching to a shot where the two vehicles were so clearly mounted on the same dolly, then the guy just sits there and watches him get out and in to his car without shooting him :lol:
The king deciding to give up at the sight of a 2 foot high mud mound, then the lingering shot of him lamenting the death of Tony the tiger :lol:
Zombies able to rip through tiger skin with bare hands :lol:

strawberry float this show seriously, it's become a comedy for us now.



:wub:

I love the way Ad7 comes in this thread each week and posts my precise thoughts for me. Saves me the hassle.

Absolutely zero tension at any point. I think the actors know it's gooseberry fool, now. They must. The woman playing Carol checked out a long time ago. If Daryl has any sense he'll be off to play an elf in the new Lord of the Rings.


The bit I rewound - twice - was when a walker in beige trousers appeared in the background behind the King, and I swear he was just sauntering along like a normal person. I still have it recorded so will try to video it on my phone, if it works.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Dowbocop, FatDaz, Frank, Joer, Meep, rudderless, Saint of Killers, SandyCoin, Somebody Else's Problem, Spindash, Tineash, wensleydale and 58 guests